Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Haley to Launch $10M Ad
Blitz to Overtake DeSantis
Nov 13, 2023 12:12 PM CST
Haley to Launch $10M Ad Blitz to Overtake DeSantis
Former UN ambassador plans TV, radio, and digital ads in Iowa, New Hampshire
- Nikki Haley's presidential campaign will reserve $10 million in television, radio, and digital advertising across Iowa and New Hampshire beginning in the first week of December, a massive investment designed to give the former United Nations ambassador an advantage over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Details of the advertising plans,...
Exits the Senate,
WH Buzz Begins
Nov 10, 2023 9:59 AM CST
As Manchin Exits the Senate, WH Buzz Begins
Conservative Dem could draw 'double haters' of Biden, Trump if he runs for president
- Joe Manchin's announcement Thursday that he won't be running for reelection next year to represent West Virginia in the US Senate has Democrats now sweating over the loss of one of their own seats, putting the party's razor-thin 51-49 majority in peril. Now, new buzz is swirling...
GOP Debate Stage Loses
One More Candidate
Nov 7, 2023 7:49 AM CST
GOP Debate Stage Loses One More Candidate
North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum didn't meet polling requirements for Miami event but soldiers on
- Just five candidates are expected to take to their podiums in Miami this week for the third GOP presidential debate, and Doug Burgum isn't one of them. KMOT reports that the North Dakota governor didn't fulfill all of the polling requirements to qualify for the Wednesday matchup, with...
Biden May Need
Nov 6, 2023 11:25 AM CST
Biden May Need a Trump Conviction to Triumph
A year out, the polls are not looking favorable for the president
- Polls continue to deliver bad news to President Biden, most notably one from the
New York Times
showing predecessor Donald Trump ahead in five battleground states . A look at related coverage:
Risk for Trump:
Yes, the takeaway numbers are bad for Biden, given that Trump is doing so well despite
Ramaswamy's Big Ad Buy:
'This Is Just the Beginning'
Nov 3, 2023 4:05 PM CDT
Ramaswamy's Big Ad Buy: 'This Is Just the Beginning'
Despite flagging in polls, billionaire to pay $12M for ads in early voting states of New Hampshire, Iowa
- Vivek Ramaswamy is in fourth place in the national polls as of Friday among presidential candidates vying for the GOP nomination, and it's a distant fourth, with an average of 5.2%—he trails former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (7.8%), Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (12.6%), and...
Another Dem Jumping
in the Race Against Biden
Oct 27, 2023 7:35 AM CDT
Another Dem Jumping in the Race Against Biden
Minnesota Rep. Dean Phillips plans to announce he's taking on president from his own party
- President Biden already has a slew of Republicans vying for his job in the Oval Office— including the current frontrunner from that party, former President Trump—as well as fellow Democrats Marianne Williamson and Cenk Uygur , and independent candidates Cornel West and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Now, another Dem is...
for Mike Pence
Oct 16, 2023 12:08 PM CDT
Things Are Looking Grim for Mike Pence
Latest FEC filings show former VP's campaign is in the red
- FEC filings were due at midnight Sunday, and they begin to tell a tale of the Republican presidential primary. As Politico reports, the campaign of former VP Mike Pence is "running on fumes," with just $1.2 million in the coffers and more than $600,000 in debt....
Second GOP Candidate
Drops From the Race
Oct 10, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
Second GOP Candidate Drops From the Race
Will Hurd joins Francis Suarez on sidelines after failing to qualify for first 2 debates
- Former Texas congressman Will Hurd suspended his presidential bid on Monday and endorsed fellow GOP primary candidate Nikki Haley, officially abandoning a brief campaign built on criticizing Donald Trump at a time when his party seems even more determined to embrace the former president. "While I appreciate all the...
Supreme Court Rejects
Attempt to Disqualify Trump
Oct 2, 2023 11:25 AM CDT
Supreme Court Rejects Attempt to Disqualify Trump
Court refuses to hear appeal in long-shot case filed by little-known GOP candidate
- The Supreme Court has rejected a Republican candidate's long-shot bid to have a much better-known candidate disqualified. On the first day of its new term, the court declined to hear an appeal from John Anthony Castro, who sought to disqualify Donald Trump under the 14th Amendment, reports Reuters . Section...
RFK Jr. Teases
Big News: 'There
Is a Path to Victory'
Sep 30, 2023 7:45 AM CDT
RFK Jr. Teases Big News: 'There Is a Path to Victory'
Democratic presidential candidate promotes big announcement on Oct. 9, perhaps a third-party run
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. wants America to "save the date"—not for a wedding, but to "save the country." That was the message in his video released Friday, in which the 69-year-old Democratic presidential candidate teased a major announcement that appears to involve plans to run...
In GOP Rematch, 'the Sand Is
Going Through the Hourglass'
Sep 27, 2023 6:50 AM CDT
In GOP Rematch, 'the Sand Is Going Through the Hourglass'
Time is running out to gain ground on Trump as 2nd Republican presidential debate takes place
- The way things stood Monday remain how they stand just hours before the Republican presidential debate Wednesday in California, with two notable candidates not expected to take the stage. FOX 26 Houston reports that former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson didn't make the cut, while former President Trump, far and...
Inside California Dems' Effort
to Boot Trump From Ballot
Sep 19, 2023 10:30 AM CDT
Inside California Dems' Effort to Boot Trump From Ballot
Group asks state attorney general to expedite court ruling on former president's eligibility
- Nine Democrats in California are seeking an expedited court ruling that could bar former President Donald Trump from the March 5 presidential primary ballot, claiming he's ineligible to resume office. The lawmakers—who echo conservative law scholars in arguing Trump may have violated Section 3 of the 14th Amendment,...
Sep 7, 2023 6:24 AM CDT
Mexico's Next President Will Likely Make History
2 female candidates are set to face off in 2024 election, giving nation its first woman president
- Two women will face off to become president of Mexico, "all but guaranteeing that the country's next leader will be the first woman to hold the office," the Hill reports. Mexico's ruling party announced Wednesday that it has chosen former Mexico City Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum as...
Nikki Haley: Senate Is Just
a 'Privileged Nursing Home'
Sep 1, 2023 6:35 AM CDT
Nikki Haley: Senate Is Just a 'Privileged Nursing Home'
After McConnell freeze-up, presidential contender says aging politicians need to know when to retire
- As whispers continue to circulate over the future of Mitch McConnell's leadership following his second public freeze-up , Nikki Haley is saying out loud what she thinks about aging lawmakers, and when they should realize it might be time to pack it up on Capitol Hill. Appearing on Fox News'...
Trump Rises in Polls
After Mugshot Release
Aug 30, 2023 10:20 AM CDT
Trump Rises in Polls After Mugshot Release
Recent surveys show former president increasing his lead over rivals for GOP nomination
- A presidential candidate who skips debates and has had a mugshot released after one of several criminal indictments wouldn't normally be expected to stay in the race, let alone remain the frontrunner. But the latter is exactly what's happening for former President Trump, whose lead over rivals for...
Clash Over Remarks on Israel
Aug 29, 2023 8:57 AM CDT
Hannity, Ramaswamy Clash Over Remarks on Israel
Fox News host pushes GOP presidential candidate in 'confrontational' interview
- Vivek Ramaswamy is getting into it with everyone these days. Last week, he got combative with CNN's Kaitlan Collins over his comments on Taiwan and 9/11. Then the GOP presidential candidate received a cease-and-desist letter from Eminem's team demanding he stop using the rapper's songs on the...
Is Too Old
Aug 28, 2023 10:05 AM CDT
Democrats Agree: Biden Is Too Old
69% of Democrats agree with 89% of Republicans on that front
- Americans actually agree on something in this time of discord: Joe Biden is too old to be an effective president in a second term. Only a few years his junior, Donald Trump raises strikingly less concern about his age. But they have plenty of other problems with Trump, who at...
Woody Harrelson's Apparent
Pick for 2024 Proves Polarizing
Aug 12, 2023 9:30 AM CDT
Woody Harrelson's Apparent Pick for 2024 Proves Polarizing
'True Detective' actor appears in Instagram post with Cheryl Hines, wife of RFK Jr.
- If you weren't sure who Woody Harrelson intends to vote for in 2024, he just offered what may be a big clue. The Daily Beast reports that the 62-year-old
actor popped up in a Thursday Instagram photo with
Curb Your Enthusiasm
actor Cheryl Hines, the wife of...
6 Foreigners in
7th Is Killed
Aug 11, 2023 6:46 AM CDT
Ecuador Busts 6 Foreigners in Assassination; 7th Is Killed
6 Colombian nationals arrested in murder of presidential candidate Fernando Villavicencio
- Six people have been arrested in connection with the assassination of Fernando Villavicencio , the Ecuadorian presidential candidate gunned down Wednesday, and they're all Colombia nationals. Citing a police report, the AP reports the men were found hiding in a home in Quito, Ecuador's capital, and that cops also...
DeSantis Just Replaced
His Campaign Manager
Aug 8, 2023 10:00 AM CDT
DeSantis Just Replaced His Campaign Manager
Florida governor continues to reshuffle operation as he struggles to gain ground on Donald Trump
- Another sign of Ron DeSantis' struggle to gain traction in the polls: He now has a new campaign manager. The Messenger reports that the Florida governor has demoted Generra Peck to chief strategist and put adviser James Uthmeier in charge. Uthmeier is DeSantis' gubernatorial chief of staff and is described...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.