Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Their Ex-Manager Sued,
and Coldplay Sued Back
Oct 9, 2023 1:48 PM CDT
Their Ex-Manager Sued, and Coldplay Sued Back
Dave Holmes wants commission, the band alleges bungled tour spending
- Coldplay's former manager of 17 years has sued the band seeking millions. The band sued right back, and it wants millions, too. The BBC reports on the claims filed in London's High Court: Dave Holmes is arguing that he's due his commission for two of the band'...
With Pub Song
Jun 28, 2022 4:04 PM CDT
Coldplay's Chris Martin Surprises Couple With Pub Song
He plays 'Sky Full of Stars' after learning it's their wedding song
- A soon-to-be-married couple in England scored an unusual treat from Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, reports the BBC . The pair identified only as Hannah and Jeremy were in the Stag Inn in the small village of Hinton Charterhouse—not exactly a celebrity hangout—when they happened upon Martin. After informing him...
Nov 21, 2019 11:25 AM CST
Coldplay: No More Tours Until They're Green-Friendly
Band says it's taking the 'next year or two' to figure out how to be more environmentally conscious
- Coldplay has a new album coming out this week, but unless you're planning on being in Jordan on Friday, don't look for the concert lineup to promote it. "We're not touring this album," frontman Chris Martin tells the BBC , adding the environmentally conscious reason: "...
Will Ferrell Decides
Needs More Cowbell
Oct 8, 2018 3:42 PM CDT
Will Ferrell Decides Coldplay Performance Needs More Cowbell
Crashes Chris Martin's song at charity event
- When a song needs more cowbell, Will Ferrell is there to deliver. At "Will Ferrell's Best Night of Your Life" Saturday, a charity event produced by Funny or Die to raise money for cancer survivors, Chris Martin was performing an acoustic version of Coldplay's "Viva La...
Really Can Smoke
Just a Few
Cigarettes a Year
Jul 26, 2018 11:50 AM CDT
Yes, Gwyneth Really Can Smoke Just a Few Cigarettes a Year
And more from Taffy Brodesser-Akner's in-depth article on the actress and her business
- Somewhere in the middle of her
New York Times Magazine
article on Gwyneth Paltrow and Goop, the controversial lifestyle business she founded, writer Taffy Brodesser-Akner sits in the actress's home and smokes a cigarette with her because she once read that Paltrow smokes a single cigarette a week. The...
2 Years Later,
Jul 15, 2016 4:04 PM CDT
2 Years Later, Gwyneth, Chris Consciously Divorced
Judge makes the divorce official
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin are officially uncoupled after a judge finalized their divorce, the AP reports. The judgment signed by a Los Angeles judge on Thursday provides few details, but states neither Paltrow or Martin will pay spousal support. The actress and Coldplay frontman married in December 2003 and...
Chris Martin: He's
'Like My Brother'
Feb 2, 2016 10:42 AM CST
Gwyneth on Chris Martin: He's 'Like My Brother'
That's not weird at all
- Gwyneth Paltrow continues to paint the sunniest of pictures of her post-conscious-uncoupling life with Chris Martin, but the description she gives
in a new interview may be the most interesting one so far. "We're still very much a family, even though we don't have a romantic...
Nov 30, 2015 12:36 PM CST
Gwyneth, Chris Collaborate on Coldplay Song
She provides backing vocals for a song that's about her
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin continue to not really seem all that divorced, most recently by collaborating on a song that appears on the new Coldplay album. Paltrow contributes vocals on "Everglow," a song the
Wall Street Journal
says is "about a relationship’s enduring spark,"...
Nov 23, 2015 1:24 PM CST
Coldplay Album Samples ... the President
Clip of Obama's 'Amazing Grace' to be included on album
- Coldplay's new album is out next month , and it has a pretty high-profile guest star: President Obama. Chris Martin says he's sampled the president's rendition of "Amazing Grace," which Obama sang during his eulogy for the pastor killed in the Charleston church massacre earlier this...
Gwyneth: I 'Don't
Come From a
Culture of Divorce'
Nov 10, 2015 3:53 PM CST
Gwyneth: I 'Don't Come From a Culture of Divorce'
'I am from a tribe of people who stay married'
- Chris Martin isn't the only one opening up about his marriage recently. Gwyneth Paltrow also had something to say on the matter during the Pearl xChange conference Sunday. An audience member at a Q&A asked Paltrow what part of her life turned out differently than she'd planned,...
Chris Martin: I'm Once
Again 'Happy to Be Alive'
Nov 9, 2015 4:15 PM CST
Chris Martin: I'm Once Again 'Happy to Be Alive'
Should Gwyneth be offended?
- Chris Martin was apparently not in a great state of mind during the last couple years of his marriage to Gwyneth Paltrow, which ended last year. "A few years ago I was in a kind of low place in my life and I was feeling kind of down and...
4 Breakup Songs and
Who They're About
Nov 1, 2015 9:45 AM CST
4 Breakup Songs and Who They're About
- If you love speculating about who might be the subject of a particularly bitter breakup ballad, you'll really love ETOnline's list of nine angry songs and the celebrity exes they're (probably) about. A sampling:
Gwen Stefani, "Used to Love You," 2015:
Considering Stefani filed for
Gwyneth Paltrow on
'It's So Nice'
Jan 2, 2015 11:26 AM CST
Gwyneth Paltrow on Being Uncoupled: 'It's So Nice'
She says she and Chris Martin worked hard to get to this point
- Gwyneth Paltrow seems to enjoy being consciously uncoupled. She and Chris Martin have "worked really f---ing hard to get to [this] point," she says of their current relationship in a new interview with
. "But we're very, very close, and it's so nice. I...
Fill In for Injured Bono
Dec 2, 2014 1:26 AM CST
Springsteen, Martin Fill In for Injured Bono
They join rest of U2 for World Aids Day gig
- Bono has some top-notch understudies: Bruce Springsteen and Chris Martin of Coldplay acted as the U2 frontman, who is recovering from a bike accident , at a New York City concert last night honoring World AIDS Day. Springsteen performed "Where the Streets Have No Name" and "I Still Haven'...
Oct 28, 2014 8:48 AM CDT
Chris Martin Uncouples Yet Again
He and Jennifer Lawrence are over, sources say
- Chris Martin has now uncoupled from Jennifer Lawrence, the paramour he briefly and, apparently, intensely took on after uncoupling from Gwyneth Paltrow. Multiple sources tell
it's over between them, four months after they started dating. Their "insane" schedules made the relationship "rocky," says one insider,...
JLaw Heat Up
Sep 18, 2014 10:20 AM CDT
Chris Martin, JLaw Heat Up Coldplay Show
Lawrence 'couldn't take her eyes off' singer
- Jennifer Lawrence was spotted blowing off some steam last night in LA, where she watched new man Chris Martin rock out with Coldplay, E! reports. "She danced the entire time" and "knew every word to every song," a source says, adding that "she couldn't take...
Chris Martin Moves On ...
to Jennifer Lawrence
Aug 16, 2014 2:58 PM CDT
Chris Martin Moves On ... to Jennifer Lawrence
Sources say the unlikely couple has been dating since June
- Now that his soon-to-be-consciously-uncoupled-wife has moved on , Chris Martin has reportedly done the same—and his alleged new paramour is a bit more famous than Gwyneth's new man. Sources tell E! the Coldplay frontman, 37, is dating none other than Jennifer Lawrence, 24, who recently split up with Nicholas...
Gwyneth May Have
New, Younger Man
Jul 17, 2014 10:19 AM CDT
Gwyneth May Have New, Younger Man
Paltrow spotted with 'hot' guy apparently in his 30s
- Has Gwyneth Paltrow already moved on from Chris Martin? A witness tells Page Six he or she spotted Paltrow at a New York restaurant Tuesday, apparently on a date with a "hot young guy" with "curly, shaggy" blond hair who appeared to be in his 30s. "I...
Jun 16, 2014 9:26 AM CDT
Gwyneth, Chris Not Uncoupling?
Paltrow, Martin appear headed for a reconciliation, sources say
- The inevitable has come to pass: We have a "conscious re-coupling" headline about Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, courtesy of the
. Sources say Paltrow and Martin—whose " conscious uncoupling " was filled with family vacations , goodbye gifts , spiritual parting ceremonies , and joint outings —are now...
12 Celeb Exes Who
Are Still Friends
May 14, 2014 4:05 PM CDT
12 Celeb Exes Who Are Still Friends
Latest to join the club: Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin
- Despite the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin announced that they were “consciously uncoupling” back in March (and the rumors that Chris has been romancing Alexa Chung in the meantime), the two were recently seen enjoying a day at the beach together with their kids, Radar reports. The...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.