Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Man Loses Suit
Wendy's of False Advertising
Oct 4, 2023 7:59 AM CDT
Man Loses Suit Accusing McDonald's, Wendy's of False Advertising
Plaintiff failed to show ads of burgers were misleading, judge rules in dismissal
- A federal judge in New York has dismissed a lawsuit that accused McDonald's and Wendy's of misleading consumers with ads that show bigger, juicier burgers than their restaurants actually serve. In an opinion released over the weekend, US District Judge Hector Gonzalez said the images on the companies'...
Your Fast-Food Order
May Be Taken by A.I. Soon
May 12, 2023 2:52 PM CDT
Your Fast-Food Order May Be Taken by A.I. Soon
Trial program is being rolled out at Wendy's next month
- Wendy's says drive-thru customers at one of its restaurants will soon be giving their orders to a "very conversational" AI chatbot instead of a human. The burger chain says the Wendy's FreshAI system, developed with Google Cloud, will be launched in a test program at a Columbus,...
CDC Gives OK to Go to
Wendy's Amid E. Coli Outbreak
Sep 5, 2022 9:15 AM CDT
CDC Gives OK to Go to Wendy's Amid E. Coli Outbreak
6 states report illnesses, with most of those sick saying they ate Wendy's meals with romaine lettuce
- An E. coli surge in four states has now made its way to an additional two states. The CDC reports that New York and Kentucky have joined the list of states affected by the outbreak, including Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, the latter of which has seen 58 of the...
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where
Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
May 19, 2022 11:23 AM CDT
Lawsuit to McDonald's: Where Are the Burgers in Your Ads?
Chain, along with Wendy's, is accused of false advertising
- Earlier this year, three law firms accused Burger King of making its burgers look way better in advertisements than they are in reality. Now the trio is going after McDonald's and Wendy's with the same accusation, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. The new lawsuit alleges that Wendy's...
Fast Food Giant's Fries
Are About to Be Transformed
in case you missed it
Aug 29, 2021 5:16 PM CDT
Fast Food Giant's Fries Are About to Be Transformed
Wendy's vows that its new french fries will stay hotter, crispier longer
- In recent taste tests , Wendy's french fries have done ... OK, but not great. Those mediocre rankings may soon change, as the fast-food chain has announced it's bestowing upon its fries what CNN Business calls "a makeover for the COVID era." Wendy's President Kurt Kane revealed...
Wendy's Tries New Strategy
for a Pandemic Trend
Aug 13, 2021 1:40 AM CDT
Wendy's Tries New Strategy for a Pandemic Trend
It's opening delivery-only kitchens in big cities
- Wendy’s plans to open 700 delivery-only kitchens by 2025 to meet the growing demand from people who want their fast food brought to them, per the AP . Wendy's said the kitchens will primarily operate in big cities in the US, Canada, and the United Kingdom, where the chain...
Wendy's Is Among the
Newest 'Meme Stocks'
Jun 8, 2021 3:35 PM CDT
Wendy's Is Among the Newest 'Meme Stocks'
Shares jumped 24.9% Tuesday
- Major indexes closed mostly higher on Wall Street Tuesday, thanks largely to gains in a handful of Big Tech companies. Small-company stocks continued to outpace the rest of the market, while investors’ attention turned to huge gains in a new batch of "meme" stocks favored by online investors, including...
Election Day Have You Stressed,
Hungry? Check Out the Freebies
Nov 3, 2020 10:38 AM CST
Election Day Have You Stressed, Hungry? Check Out the Freebies
Doughnuts, chicken, and massages are gratis
- Once you've voted, head to the gym for a free workout and massage, then reward yourself with a free doughnut. Still waiting around for election results early Wednesday? You can snag a free coffee, too. It's all possible with perks offered by various businesses this Election Day, which...
Atlanta Mayor to Protesters:
'You Shot and Killed a Baby'
Jul 6, 2020 6:30 AM CDT
Atlanta Mayor to Protesters: 'You Shot and Killed a Baby'
8-year-old Secoriea Turner gunned down near Wendy's where Rayshard Brooks was killed
- "Raw emotions and frustration" is how 11Alive describes Atlanta after more than a dozen people were shot, four fatally, in less than 24 hours over the holiday weekend. Among the most devastating of those shootings: 8-year-old Secoriea Turner, who was gunned down and killed near the Wendy's where...
Judge Makes Ruling on
Accused Wendy's Arsonist
Jun 24, 2020 4:25 PM CDT
Judge Makes Ruling on Accused Wendy's Arsonist
Natalie White might also be Rayshard Brooks' girlfriend
- A woman accused of torching the Wendy's where Rayshard Brooks was killed will be released—under certain conditions, WSB-TV reports. A judge said Wednesday that Natalie White, 29, can be released on a $10,000 bond if she stays under house arrest and wears an ankle monitor. White was...
Cops Shoot, Kill Black Man
After Struggle at a Wendy's
Jun 13, 2020 12:00 PM CDT
Cops Shoot, Kill Black Man After Struggle at a Wendy's
Protesters gather in Atlanta over the death of Rayshard Brooks, 27
- Georgia authorities said Saturday a man was shot and killed in a late night struggle with Atlanta police outside a fast food restaurant after he failed a field sobriety test and resisted arrest, the AP reports. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said it was asked by Atlanta police to investigate...
Meat Shortage Affecting
One Fast-Food Chain's Menus
May 5, 2020 12:35 PM CDT
Meat Shortage Affecting One Fast-Food Chain's Menus
Some Wendy's locations don't have burgers
- Despite President Trump's executive order dictating that meat processing plants stay open , the specter of meat shortages is being felt across the US—and customers of at least one fast-food chain are taking notice. Bloomberg notes that Wendy's has long advertised itself as offering hamburgers made from fresh...
Wendy's Adds Breakfast,
and McDonald's Takes a Shot
Mar 2, 2020 10:25 AM CST
Wendy's Adds Breakfast, and McDonald's Takes a Shot
'National Egg McMuffin' day coincides with rival chain's rollout
- For those who like their breakfast fast-food-style, these next few weeks should be good times. Wendy's rolled out a breakfast menu nationally on Monday, and rival chains are expected to cut costs and offer special deals as a way to keep regulars on board. Coverage:
at a Wendy's
Lead to Multiple
Feb 15, 2020 8:30 AM CST
'Egregious' Actions at a Wendy's Lead to Multiple Firings
Video showed worker bathing in sink in Michigan restaurant
- Multiple workers at a Michigan Wendy's have been canned after a video showed one of their own bathing in a sink. The video, which ClickOnDetroit.com notes was originally posted on TikTok before ending up on a community Facebook page , shows a young man up to his chest in...
Hit With $160K Fine
Over Child Labor
Jan 20, 2020 8:27 AM CST
Wendy's Franchisee Hit With $160K Fine Over Child Labor
Labor Dept.: Nearly 450 minors worked illegally at Wendy's in 9 states
- A Wendy's franchisee was just hit with a massive fine after the US Department of Labor found it had violated child labor laws, allowing kids employed by restaurants in nine states to work longer hours than they were supposed to, or outside the parameters of when they were allowed...
Wendy's Is Hiring
20K New Workers
Sep 10, 2019 2:15 AM CDT
Wendy's Is Hiring 20K New Workers
Chain plans to launch breakfast menu nationwide
- Wendy's plans to roll out breakfast offerings like the Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit and the Breakfast Baconator at all 6,000 or so of its US restaurants next year—and it needs 20,000 new employees to serve them. The fast food chain currently serves breakfast at around 300...
Prank by Wendy's
May 25, 2019 9:00 AM CDT
Prank by Wendy's Worker 'Totally Unacceptable'
Now ex-employee took a bath in a kitchen sink in Florida, went viral
- It's bad enough to think of fast-food workers not washing their hands before handling food, so the latest story out of a Florida Wendy's is giving plenty of customers angst. CBS Miami reports on a viral video that was apparently shot on Snapchat and started circulating on Facebook...
Two As, 22 Fs
Oct 17, 2018 9:01 AM CDT
Burger Chains' Antibiotics Grades: Two As, 22 Fs
Report raises concerns over 'spread of antibiotic resistance'
- Craving a fast-food burger? You'll be hard-pressed to find one that gets a passing grade from experts on antibiotic use in meat. A report out Wednesday—a collaboration by the Natural Resources Defence Council, Consumer Reports, Center for Food Safety, and other groups—gives 22 of 25 top US...
Pizza Scandal May Have Killed
Big Fast-Food Merger
Jul 19, 2018 1:11 PM CDT
Pizza Scandal May Have Killed Big Fast-Food Merger
Papa John's and Wendy's were talking before John Schnatter's mess
- The fallout from a scandal involving Papa John's founder is still being felt, with reports now suggesting the world's third-largest pizza-delivery company missed out on a possible merger. Per the
Wall Street Journal
, John Schnatter held preliminary merger talks with executives from Wendy's before a scandal erupted...
Wendy's Discontinues Spicy
Nuggets; Burger King Jumps In
Oct 10, 2017 11:25 AM CDT
Wendy's Discontinues Spicy Nuggets; Burger King Jumps In
'People miss spicy nuggets'
- Burger King is adding spicy nuggets to its menu and firing up a rivalry with burger chain Wendy's, which pulled the peppery snack from most of its restaurants earlier this year. Burger King said Tuesday that its version of spicy nuggets will roll out nationwide this week, the AP...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
One of McHenry's First Acts: Ordering Pelosi to Vacate Office
Everyone Is Talking About Pamela Anderson's Face
COVID-19 Vaccination Cards Are No More
House Votes 216-210 to Oust McCarthy
'There Has to Be Consequences' for Kevin McCarthy's Ouster
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.