Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Trump Aims for the Moon
Dec 11, 2017 7:05 PM CST
Trump Aims for the Moon
The president signs a new space directive
- Donald Trump wants to see Americans back on the moon, the Hill reports. Today, at a White House ceremony marking the anniversary of the last human voyage to the moon, 1972's Apollo 17 mission, Trump gathered with Vice President Mike Pence and two former astronauts, Harrison Hagan "Jack"...
Aren't Happy With
Trump's NASA Pick
Sep 4, 2017 8:47 AM CDT
Florida's Senators Aren't Happy With Trump's NASA Pick
Rep. Jim Bridenstine has 'political baggage'
- President Trump has finally named his pick for NASA administrator—and lawmakers from both parties are not happy with the choice. Rep. Jim Bridenstine, an Oklahoma lawmaker first elected to the House in 2013, is being criticized as overly political and as lacking aerospace experience,
reports. The 42-year-old Republican,...
Aug 16, 2017 9:18 AM CDT
WH Memo: Trump 'Entirely Correct' on Charlottesville
Talking points call on GOP to back what he said about 'both sides' acting 'inappropriately'
- Republicans including Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio were quick to speak out against President Trump's comments Tuesday that "both sides" were to blame for the violence in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend. But that wasn't at all what the White House had planned. A memo of talking...
Rubio May Have Been Target
of Assassination Plot: Memo
Aug 14, 2017 10:45 AM CDT
Rubio May Have Been Target of Assassination Plot: Memo
Venezuelan pol he's been feuding with reportedly was trying to have Rubio killed
- Marco Rubio has been an especially vocal critic of Nicolas Maduro, and the Florida senator's public lambasting of the Venezuelan president, as well as other Rubio remarks, apparently ticked off one powerful politician in that country enough that he wanted Rubio killed for it. The
Twitter Goes Wild Over
Rubio's 'Failed Hug'
Jun 21, 2017 6:00 AM CDT
Twitter Goes Wild Over Rubio's 'Failed Hug'
Senator, Ivanka Trump played along
- Sometimes all you can do is surrender to Twitter. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio may have started out his day Tuesday thinking about deep issues. But when Twitter went wild over an awkward photo of him leaning in for a hug with Ivanka Trump at a Capitol Hill meeting, Rubio was...
Trump Lawyer: 'There Is
No Investigation, Period'
SUNDAY TALK SHOWS
Jun 18, 2017 9:05 AM CDT
Trump Lawyer: 'There Is No Investigation, Period'
Says president's tweet was responding to report of investigation
- Tweets that President Trump is under investigation have been greatly exaggerated, the president's own lawyer says. "Let me be clear here," Jay Sekulow tells NBC's
Meet the Press.
"The president is not and has not been under investigation for obstruction." He went on to...
Rubio Doesn't Get the
Shock Over Trump
May 21, 2017 4:04 PM CDT
Rubio Doesn't Get the Shock Over Trump
'People got what they voted for'
- Surprised by the week the White House has had? Sen. Marco Rubio isn't, and doesn't quite get why you are. During a Sunday interview on
Face the Nation
, he reminds Americans they "got what they voted for," noting that Trump's White House is not much...
Haley on Syria:
How Many More
Kids Have to
Apr 5, 2017 1:07 PM CDT
Haley on Syria: How Many More Kids Have to Die, Russia?
UN ambassador, other US pols say Putin may be protecting Assad on chemical attack
- Scores were killed in Syria's Idlib province on Tuesday in what the
New York Times
calls "the worst chemical attack in years" in the war-torn country. Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime is saying it had nothing to do with it, and Syrian ally Russia is also...
Rubio Not Happy
With Snoop Dogg's
Mar 14, 2017 10:59 AM CDT
Rubio Not Happy With Snoop Dogg's 'Trump' Video
Toy gun could create 'a real problem'
- Florida Sen. Marco Rubio says Snoop Dogg shouldn't have shot a toy gun at a clown dressed as President Trump in a music video released over the weekend, the AP reports. The video shows Snoop shooting at the Trump character with a gun that releases a flag with the...
Tillerson Now Has
100% GOP Support
Jan 23, 2017 10:21 AM CST
Tillerson Now Has 100% GOP Support
Marco Rubio falls in line just ahead of committee vote on secretary of state nominee
- Sen. Marco Rubio will support Rex Tillerson as secretary of State "despite my reservations," reports the AP , backing away from any challenge to the new president. In a Facebook statement Monday, Rubio said he was troubled by Tillerson's refusal to acknowledge that Vladimir Putin has committed war...
Rubio Opposition to Tillerson
May Trigger Rare Senate Move
Jan 12, 2017 9:42 AM CST
Rubio Opposition to Tillerson May Trigger Rare Senate Move
If he votes no, will secretary of state nominee's name go to full Senate anyway?
- When secretary of state nominee Rex Tillerson testified before the Foreign Relations Committee on Wednesday, he faced the toughest scrutiny from Marco Rubio. The pair had a a number of testy exchanges, with Rubio skeptical that the ExxonMobil chief would be as tough as he needed to be on Russia...
Rubio, Tillerson Clash
Over Ties to Russia
Jan 11, 2017 2:32 PM CST
Rubio, Tillerson Clash Over Ties to Russia
Rubio pushes secretary of State candidate to call Putin a 'war criminal'
- Sen. Marco Rubio and Rex Tillerson clashed over Russia during Wednesday's confirmation hearing for the would-be secretary of State. Tillerson, a former ExxonMobil CEO, has known Vladimir Putin personally for years, Politico reports. And Yahoo News notes he was even given the Order of Friendship by Putin. Rubio addressed...
Trump Gets Some
Sunny News in Florida
Oct 26, 2016 8:32 AM CDT
Trump Gets Some Sunny News in Florida
New poll shows him with slight edge in Florida
- A new Bloomberg survey of 953 likely voters from Friday to Monday suggests Donald Trump has pulled ahead of Hillary Clinton in Florida, with Trump at a 2-point lead over Clinton—45% to 43%—in a four-candidate race. But Republicans shouldn't count on those 29 electoral votes just yet,...
In Florida Primaries,
Rubio Wins, Grayson Loses
Aug 30, 2016 8:22 PM CDT
In Florida Primaries, Rubio Wins, Grayson Loses
Patrick Murphy will challenge Rubio in November
- Florida's high-profile Senate race is set in November: Marco Rubio will defend his seat against challenger Patrick Murphy, a Democratic congressman. Rubio beat millionaire developer Carlos Beruff on Tuesday, the only major GOP candidate to stay in the race after Rubio decided to run for re-election two days before...
Rubio Says No to Abortions
for Zika-Infected Women
Aug 7, 2016 3:19 PM CDT
Rubio Says No to Abortions for Zika-Infected Women
'Err on the side of life'
- Marco Rubio acknowledges that microcephaly, a birth defect associated with Zika virus, "is a terrible prenatal condition" and that children born with it face a "lifetime of difficulties." Nonetheless, the Republican senator from Florida tells Politico that he doesn't believe pregnant women infected with Zika should...
In Crazy Year,
About the Bizarre
Race in Florida
Jul 27, 2016 3:45 PM CDT
In Crazy Year, Don't Forget About the Bizarre Race in Florida
Alan Grayson, Patrick Murphy, and Marco Rubio fight it out in Florida
- Most of this year's political attention is, of course, focused on the race for the White House. But a piece at
calls attention to the "second strangest campaign of the season," the race for a Senate seat in Florida. On the Democratic side, it features...
Jun 22, 2016 10:25 AM CDT
Marco Rubio Is Running for Re-Election
'I've changed my mind'
- "I have only said like 10000 times I will be a private citizen in January," Marco Rubio tweeted last month. There's a very good chance that may not be the case. After much debate, the failed presidential candidate says he will seek re-election in the Senate, which...
Odds of Rubio
Got a Lot Bigger
Jun 16, 2016 7:13 AM CDT
Odds of Rubio Running for Re-Election Just Got a Lot Bigger
His friend currently running for the seat wants him to do so
- The main obstacle keeping Marco Rubio from seeking re-election to his Senate seat just disappeared. The prospect of Rubio doing so gained traction in the wake of the Orlando shooting, but he continued to insist that he wouldn't run against his friend already in the race, Carlos Lopez-Cantera. Now,...
Like to Be
Jun 15, 2016 3:40 PM CDT
What It's Like to Be Beaten by Donald Trump
The heads of 3 vanquished GOP presidential campaigns look back
- The Huffington Post sat down for a 90-minute conversation with the heads of three vanquished Republican presidential campaigns to find out "what it's like to lose to Donald Trump." Forty or so days after Trump became the presumptive nominee, the representatives of the Bush, Cruz, and Rubio...
Jun 13, 2016 1:44 PM CDT
After Orlando, Rubio Hedges on Possible Senate Rerun
He's said he won't run for re-election, but now tells radio host he's been thinking on 'a lot of things'
- Everyone has had Orlando on their minds since Sunday's mass shooting , including Marco Rubio—and the attack has "deeply impacted" the senator so much that it's made him assess "a lot of things," he told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt Monday morning, per Politico . The...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
2 Hours After Parade Killings, Candidate Says, 'Let's Move On'
Teen's Sudden Mental Collapse Ended in a National Park
At Least 6 Killed, 24 Hurt in Parade Mass Shooting
Cops Find 'Very Unpleasant Scene' at Funeral Home
Also Not in Constitution: Court Having Final Say
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.