Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Kentucky Fried Chicken
Stories 1 - 20 |
KFC Worker Calls 911 After
Customer Writes Note for Help
May 19, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
KFC Worker Calls 911 After Customer Writes Note for Help
Woman told Memphis police that her boyfriend was holding her against her will
- A Memphis woman told police her partner was holding her against her will, had confiscated her phone, and punched her in the face when she tried to leave. That she was able to speak to police was thanks to her quick thinking, and a KFC worker who took action. The...
'Plant-Based' Is All the Rage.
But It Isn't Exactly Health Food
Jan 18, 2022 3:31 PM CST
'Plant-Based' Is All the Rage. But It Isn't Exactly Health Food
Many of these products are ultra-processed, writes Xanthe Clay
- Xanthe Clay has no problem with the idea of people eating less meat and more vegetables. It would not only be healthier for humans but for the planet as well. But in an essay at the
, Clay has a warning for people chowing down on plant-based burgers, or chicken,...
KFC on New Chicken-Free
Chicken Nugget: 'It's Time'
Jan 6, 2022 2:07 PM CST
KFC on New Chicken-Free Chicken Nugget: 'It's Time'
Chain's Beyond Fried Chicken is a plant-based chicken alternative created with Beyond Meat
- As 2022 kicks into high gear, KFC has a "Kentucky Fried Miracle" to announce: its Beyond Fried Chicken, a plant-based chicken nugget alternative created in partnership with Beyond Meat, per a release from KFC parent company Yum Brands. Starting Monday and for a limited time, the fast-food chain will...
Kiwis' Illicit Substance
Was Finger Lickin' Good
Sep 21, 2021 1:18 PM CDT
Kiwis' Illicit Substance Was Finger Lickin' Good
2 accused of trying to transport KFC meal into locked-down Auckland
- New Zealand police have arrested two men who allegedly tried to enter the locked-down city of Auckland with an illicit substance: takeout food. Specifically, they carried three buckets of KFC chicken, 10 containers of coleslaw, and a bunch of fries, in addition to $70,000 in cash and a stash...
New Shortage for US
Restaurant Chains: Chicken
May 1, 2021 11:35 AM CDT
New Shortage for US Restaurant Chains: Chicken
Popularity of fried-chicken sandwiches at big chains is part of the problem
- Add chicken to the list of products in short supply these days. Bloomberg reports that soaring demand at fast-food restaurants has resulted in a poultry crunch across the US. The Bojangles chain reported a "system-wide shortage" of chicken tenders this week, while industry behemoth KFC says it is just...
Is Victim of Very
Mar 13, 2020 1:25 PM CDT
KFC's Latest Ad Campaign Is Victim of Very Bad Timing
Fast-food chain pulls its 'Finger Lickin' Good' series amid coronavirus pandemic
- One of the first lines of defense against the novel coronavirus is hand-washing , which doesn't bode well for KFC's latest ad campaign. The Drum reports that upward of 160 complaints have been registered with the UK's Advertising Standards Authority over the fast-food chain's recently launched series...
KFC Sorry for
Ad in Which Boys
Gawk at Cleavage
in case you missed it
Jan 25, 2020 3:14 PM CST
KFC Sorry for Ad in Which Boys Gawk at Cleavage
No word on whether 15-second ad will be pulled in Australia
- KFC has apologized over a "sexist" ad released in Australia, showing two young boys gaping at a woman in a low-cut top. The woman is seen adjusting her top while looking at her reflection in the tinted window of a parked car, which suddenly slides down to show the...
KFC's New Offering
Leaves Twitter Stunned
Sep 18, 2019 3:58 PM CDT
KFC's New Offering Leaves Twitter Stunned
Yes, that's a fried chicken and doughnut sandwich
- Move over, Heart Attack Grill: KFC is pairing fried chicken with glazed doughnuts in meals that may just make your heart and soul glaze over. Called "Chicken and Donuts," the menu items include a sandwich—a chicken fillet bound by two glazed doughnuts—or, for basket lovers, chicken...
KFC Is About
to Serve Up
Aug 26, 2019 1:05 PM CDT
KFC Is About to Serve Up Vegan 'Chicken'
Fast food chain is testing Beyond Chicken in one store
- Non-meat "meat" products are almost everywhere, and the next place they're heading is KFC. The chain is testing a vegan version of its fried chicken in an Atlanta restaurant starting Tuesday, CNBC reports. The plant-based product comes from Beyond Meat, making KFC the first national US fast food...
Starbucks Used to Have
a Much Longer Name
Jul 29, 2019 10:00 AM CDT
Starbucks Used to Have a Much Longer Name
Why company dumped Starbucks Coffee, Tea, and Spices, and why other brands changed their names
- In a world where our texting shorthand includes "BRB," "LOL," and "K," is it any surprise that we now have brands calling themselves WW, RH, and KFC?
reports on eight companies that have truncated or otherwise modified their original monikers, for various...
$11K for Daughter
at Birth, Thanks to KFC
Oct 31, 2018 9:25 AM CDT
Parents Nab $11K for Daughter at Birth, Thanks to KFC
They just had to name her Harland
- A 7-week-old infant already has a large chunk of her college tuition covered thanks to impeccable timing and KFC. Finding that Colonel Sanders' first name, Harland, had become too unpopular ( BabyCenter.com puts it at the 5,501 spot for 2018), the company in August issued a simple challenge...
KFC Ad Seen as Mocking
Jul 6, 2018 2:03 PM CDT
KFC Ad Seen as Mocking Neymar's Theatrics
Shows a soccer player rolling and rolling and rolling ...
- Neymar's histrionics on the soccer field have become legendary , but now they may also prove lucrative—at least for KFC South Africa, if its latest ad draws people into its restaurants.
reports on the chain's minute-long spot , which shows a soccer player flailing and rolling after he...
KFC Customers Get Their
Chicken Back, With a Catch
Mar 1, 2018 7:52 AM CST
KFC Customers Get Their Chicken Back, With a Catch
Now there's no gravy at many UK locations
- Winner winner chicken dinner? Sure, but likely without the gravy. That's the conundrum KFC is facing in the UK, where feathers were ruffled earlier this month when the fast-food chain had delivery issues that resulted in a chicken shortage and mass restaurant closings . Now, even though all but about...
KFC Suffers Mass Closures
Over Lack of Chicken
Feb 19, 2018 10:30 AM CST
KFC Suffers Mass Closures Over Lack of Chicken
Some 600 of its 900 UK locations were closed Monday
- The chicken has crossed the road, "just not to our restaurants," explains KFC UK in a tweet addressing its weird problem: no chicken.
reports about 900 of the chain's roughly 21,500 locations are in the UK, and only 300 of them were open Monday...
Guy Discovers KFC Secret,
Gets Special KFC Painting
Nov 10, 2017 11:36 AM CST
Guy Discovers KFC Secret, Gets Special KFC Painting
- "Dreams DO come true." And for Mike Edgette, who tweeted just that on Saturday morning, his dream entailed receiving a painting depicting him riding piggyback on Colonel Sanders against a picturesque mountain landscape, all the while waving a KFC drumstick. Edgette tells Mashable he received the artwork, along...
Apr 21, 2017 1:02 PM CDT
KFC's New Colonel Sanders Is Familiar Face
Actor will be featured in chicken chain's newest round of ads
- Part of the fun of watching KFC commercials is figuring out who's underneath all of the makeup in the Harland Sanders costume. Now there's a new colonel in town, the chain announced Friday: Rob Lowe. The 53-year-old
Parks and Rec
actor will be donning Colonel Sanders' trademark white...
Has a Really
Weird Side Gig
Apr 5, 2017 11:17 AM CDT
Famous Producer Has a Really Weird Side Gig
Steve Lillywhite also hawks CDs at Indonesia KFC restaurants
- "Music and chicken have become intertwined." That's the word from Steve Lillywhite, the well-known producer for such bands as U2 and the Rolling Stones, who has won six Grammys over the course of his career. He's talking about his other job, in Indonesia, where he works...
Woman Sues KFC
Oct 25, 2016 4:18 PM CDT
Woman Sues KFC Because Ad Showed Too Much Chicken
Anna Wurtzburger says her bucket of chicken wasn't 'overflowing' like the ad
- A 64-year-old New York widow just wanted some fried chicken; now she's hoping for a family-size bucket of extra-crispy justice with a side of mashed vindication. The
New York Post
reports Anna Wurtzburger is suing KFC for false advertising after she bought a $20 bucket of chicken last summer...
Meet KFC's New
Jun 23, 2016 12:02 PM CDT
Meet KFC's New Colonel Sanders
George Hamilton is the 'extra crispy colonel'
- KFC has a new Colonel Sanders—sort of. Actor George Hamilton (who, his Wikipedia page notes, "is, perhaps, most famous for his debonair style and his perfect and perpetual suntan") will play the "Extra Crispy Colonel" in ads for the chain's Extra Crispy Chicken. "Extra...
DNA Test Results Are In for KFC 'Deep-Fried Rat'
in case you missed it
Jun 27, 2015 5:31 PM CDT
DNA Test Results Are In for KFC 'Deep-Fried Rat'
And the test shows ... it's chicken
- Just as exciting as a Maury paternity test, but slightly more stomach-churning: The DNA test results are in for a KFC meal a California man claimed was a deep-fried rat. And those results show that it's definitely, absolutely, without a doubt nothing other than a fried chicken tender, just...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Woman, 29, Arrested After Enrolling at NJ High School
Arrest Made in Ambush Murder of Microsoft Exec
After Boy, 6, Shoots Teacher, Superintendent Shown the Door
DA Says Mother Will Be Charged With Killing 2 Kids
Worker Sucked Into Jet Engine Told Not to Go Near It Twice
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.