Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Is at Hand
Dec 9, 2021 7:30 PM CST
Brian Williams' 11th Hour on MSNBC Is at Hand
Anchor will host his final show for the network tonight
- Brian Williams has been on MSNBC as long as the cable news network has been in business—since 1996. That will end Thursday when the host bids goodbye at the end of
the 11th Hour
, his nightly program, CNN reports, as the clock strikes midnight EST. Williams announced last month...
Is Leaving NBC
Nov 10, 2021 12:47 AM CST
Brian Williams Is Leaving NBC
Fixture at the network will exit at the end of the year
- After, as he put it, "28 years, 38 countries, eight Olympic games, seven presidential elections, half a dozen presidents, a few wars, and one
," (and, as we put it, one major controversy , countless resulting memes , and a successful comeback ), Brian Williams is leaving NBC. The former...
Oct 16, 2021 7:30 AM CDT
'Something Went Terribly Wrong' on 'Extreme' Version of
Daredevil Jonathan Goodwin severely injured after being smashed between 2 swinging cars
- Maybe "extreme" versions of talent show competitions aren't a great idea. A stunt for
America's Got Talent: Extreme
, an NBC spinoff of the popular original, went awry on Thursday at Georgia's Atlanta Motor Speedway, and "it was so bad people on the set thought [the...
Law & Order
Sep 29, 2021 12:00 AM CDT
Law & Order
Is Coming Back
NBC announces 21st season
- More than a decade after it last aired,
Law & Order
is coming back to NBC, the AP reports. The network announced Tuesday that it is bringing the cops-and-courts police drama back for a 21st season. When the show left the airwaves in May 2010, it was tied with
NBC Slip 'N Slide Show
in Limbo Over Diarrhea
Jul 4, 2021 1:05 PM CDT
NBC Slip 'N Slide Show in Limbo Over Diarrhea
Ultimate Slip 'N Slide has been halted indefinitely
- The debut of a slip 'n slide themed NBC game show is in limbo thanks to a very tiny menace with a big impact. Per People , "explosive diarrhea" on the set of
Ultimate Slip 'N Slide
delayed the show's debut, which was originally slated to happen...
'Explosive Diarrhea' Outbreak
Halts Slip 'N Slide Show
Jun 12, 2021 12:55 PM CDT
'Explosive Diarrhea' Outbreak Halts Slip 'N Slide Show
NBC pauses production after area near set tests positive for giardia
- Here are two ideas you'd want to be as far apart as possible: Slip 'N Slide and explosive diarrhea. And in the interest of keeping one away from the other, NBC shut down production on
Ultimate Slip 'N Slide
, a summer game show featuring a water...
NBC Has a
May 27, 2021 3:44 AM CDT
NBC Has a Replacement Show for
Kelly Clarkson's talk show will take over DeGeneres' time slot in 2022
- Kelly Clarkson's talk show will replace Ellen DeGeneres' in its time slot on NBC when the latter's show ends its 19-season run in 2022.
The Kelly Clarkson Show
, which is owned and produced by NBC's syndication arm, launched in September 2019, the
You Might've Seen It Coming.
Now, Ellen Confirms It
May 12, 2021 11:24 AM CDT
You Might've Seen It Coming. Now, Ellen Confirms It
Her show will wrap in 2022 after 19th season
- The end of an era of daytime TV approaches, with Ellen DeGeneres' announcement that her long running NBC talk show will wrap next year. "As great as this show is, and as fun as it is, it’s just not a challenge anymore," the comedian tells the
Golden Globes Controversy:
It's 'Put-Up-or-Shut-Up' Time
May 11, 2021 11:28 AM CDT
Golden Globes Controversy: It's 'Put-Up-or-Shut-Up' Time
A look at the trouble with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association
- The Golden Globes is now in flux, thanks to NBC announcing it won't be airing the awards show in 2022, with powerful stars like Tom Cruise and Scarlett Johansson and such corporations as Netflix, Amazon, and WarnerMedia joining the stand against the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's lack of...
Show Under Fire
May 10, 2021 4:24 PM CDT
Network Drops Show Under Fire
NBC says Golden Globes may return to air in 2023 if host organization diversifies
- Amid growing pressure on the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, NBC said Monday that will not air the Golden Globes in 2022. In a statement, the network said it believes the press association—which is facing possible boycotts from Netflix, Warner Bros., and many Hollywood stars—is committed to reform. "...
Nielsen Tallies Up
Apr 23, 2021 7:25 AM CDT
Nielsen Tallies Up Viewership for Chauvin Verdict
At least 23.2M Americans were watching
- At least 23.2 million Americans watched on television this week as former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was convicted of murder and manslaughter in the death of George Floyd, per the AP . The Nielsen company's estimate came from viewership figures on 11 different networks that carried Tuesday's...
Bad Situation Gets Worse
for Hollywood Foreign Press
Apr 21, 2021 11:30 AM CDT
Bad Situation Gets Worse for Hollywood Foreign Press
Former president booted over email viewed as racist, advisers flee
- The Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which puts on the Golden Globes, has expelled a former president after he shared an article that described Black Lives Matter as a "racist hate movement." Philip Berk, who served eight terms as president until 2011, shared the FrontPage Mag article —which...
Golden Globes Was
a Ratings Loser
Mar 2, 2021 3:24 PM CST
Golden Globes Was a Ratings Loser
Viewers' enthusiasm for the awards show was muted
- The Academy Awards and Grammys are coming up, and as far as TV ratings go, the bar has been dramatically lowered. Ratings tanked for Sunday's Golden Globes broadcast. The average audience came in at 6.9 million, Vulture reports, compared to 18.3 million in 2020. The numbers have...
Jan 22, 2021 4:40 PM CST
Tom Brokaw Retires From NBC
Journalist covered Kennedy assassination through the pandemic
- NBC News veteran Tom Brokaw announced Friday that he is retiring from the network after 55 years. The author of
The Greatest Generation
was NBC's lead anchor at
and for big events for more than 20 years before giving way to Brian Williams in 2004. The 80-year-old...
Cris Collingsworth: I Didn't
Mean to Insult Female Fans
Dec 3, 2020 5:08 PM CST
Cris Collingsworth: I Didn't Mean to Insult Female Fans
Analyst apologizes for saying Pittsburgh women know their football
- "Everybody's a fan," Chris Collingsworth said during an NFL game Wednesday night in Pittsburgh. "In particular, the ladies that I met. They have really specific questions about the game, and I'm like, 'Wow,' you’re just blown away by how strong the fans...
NBC Reporter Swears
on Air, Blames #2020
Nov 10, 2020 6:24 PM CST
NBC Reporter Swears on Air, Blames #2020
Ken Dilanian says he had technical difficulties
- When NBC correspondent Ken Dilanian started swearing during a live segment Tuesday, some viewers initially thought he had shocking news to share. "Oh s---. F---," Dilanian said after MSNBC host Craig Melvin asked him to deliver some breaking news. Deadline reports that Melvin remained "poker faced" as...
People Are Furious With
NBC Over Trump Town Hall
Oct 15, 2020 6:43 AM CDT
People Are Furious With NBC Over Trump Town Hall
Network is being criticized, even by its own
- NBC News' decision to host President Trump's town hall Thursday night—which will air on the network at the same time ABC News is airing Joe Biden's competing event—is not going over well in some circles. The
Los Angeles Times
reports #BoycottNBC is trending on Twitter, and...
Analyst Fired for
'Boobs': I'm the Victim
Jul 21, 2020 9:50 AM CDT
Analyst Fired for Discussing Co-Worker's 'Boobs': I'm the Victim
Jeremy Roenick, formerly of NBC Sports, sues, claiming anti-straight discrimination
- Former hockey star and NBC Sports analyst Jeremy Roenick has sued the network, claiming he was discriminated against for being straight. Roenick was fired after a December appearance on the Barstool Sports podcast "Spittin' Chiclets," where he mentioned wanting a threesome with his wife and a co-worker during...
for Jimmy Fallon
May 27, 2020 12:25 AM CDT
Sketch Causing Problems for Jimmy Fallon
In it, he dons blackface
- A 2000
Saturday Night Live
sketch has come back to haunt Jimmy Fallon. Fallon, now the host of the
, was at the time an
cast member doing an impression of Chris Rock—in blackface. (Rock left the show in 1993.) The skit was resurfaced on Twitter...
Soap Operas Dangerously
Low Thanks to Virus
Apr 21, 2020 9:08 AM CDT
Soap Operas Dangerously Low Thanks to Virus
Popular daytime dramas are running out of episodes and can't resume production
- The coronavirus has most of us locked down in our homes, and for those seeking routine, diving into the daily soaps can provide some escapist comfort. But Vulture warns that the most popular daytime TV dramas are perilously close to running out of episodes they filmed before the shutdown, forcing...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Centuries Ago, We Slept Much Differently
Schwarzenegger in Multi-Vehicle Accident
Mom's Remarks Over Face Masks Lead to Charges
Passengers in NC Plane Landing Got a Wild Ride
NPR's Supreme Court Story Takes Another Turn
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.