Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Fire Spokesman Who
Aug 29, 2021 12:30 PM CDT
Christian Broadcasters Fire Spokesman Who Backed Vaccines
Daniel Darling had encouraged others to get the shots, saying he was proud to be vaccinated
- Daniel Darling said he was given a chance to renounce his support for COVID-19 vaccines, which he had expressed on MSNBC's
. In an interview this month, Darling, senior vice president of communications for the National Religious Broadcasters, told host Joe Scarborough that he was proud to be...
Sean Penn Has Perfect
Response to Bed-Head Critics
Dec 22, 2020 12:42 PM CST
Sean Penn Has Perfect Response to Bed-Head Critics
Actor turns his appearance into another plug for his CORE charity
- Sean Penn made an appearance on MSNBC's
on Tuesday to plug the work of his nonprofit CORE —Community Organized Relief Effort—which is helping to make COVID tests available for free in needy communities. But what seemed to catch most people's attention was Penn's...
Biden Goes on the Record
About Tara Reade Accusation
May 1, 2020 7:42 AM CDT
Biden Goes on the Record About Tara Reade Accusation
'No, it's not true'
- After what the
New York Times
says were "intensive discussions" within Joe Biden's campaign on how he should best address former aide Tara Reade's sexual assault allegations against him, the former vice president appeared on MSNBC's
program Friday morning to directly speak to the...
They're Not Usually on Trump's
Side, but They Kind of Are Now
Oct 28, 2019 3:24 PM CDT
They're Not Usually on Trump's Side, but They Kind of Are Now
'Morning Joe' hosts take issue with chants of 'lock him up' at Nationals game
- When you hear
and Trump in a sentence together, you probably expect them to be on opposite sides. Not so much this time: The married MSNBC morning show hosts are taking the president's side, sort of, after he was booed at a World Series game Sunday night....
Trump, McConnell Are Fighting
Jul 30, 2019 5:40 PM CDT
Trump, McConnell Are Fighting MSNBC,
Inside the latest Trump vs. the media mess
- A skirmish (or two) involving President Trump, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the
and MSNBC has escalated into unusual personal bitterness this week, with election security legislation and Trump's attacks on US Rep. Elijah Cummings as the triggers. The AP explains :
The McConnell arm of the drama
Controversy at Top of Show
Dec 14, 2018 6:31 AM CST
Brzezinski Addresses Controversy at Top of Show
She apologizes to LGBTQ community for using 'crass and offensive term'
- After missing her show on Thursday amid controversy , Mika Brzezinski addressed the issue first thing on Friday morning. "I just wanted to say on camera, looking people straight in the eye: I am really, really sorry." The apology is for her use of the term "butt boy"...
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough
Is Leaving the GOP
Jul 12, 2017 6:33 AM CDT
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Is Leaving the GOP
Former congressman tells Stephen Colbert he's fed up with party cowing to Trump
- It's been a big year for MSNBC host Joe Scarborough. The
co-anchor got engaged to fellow host Mika Brzezinski, has been in a nasty feud with President Trump, and now is leaving the Republican Party. The former GOP congressman announced it on Stephen Colbert's CBS show...
to Trump to Kill
Jun 30, 2017 3:31 PM CDT
Report: Kushner Demanded Apology to Trump to Kill Tabloid Story
More details in Trump's alleged attempt to blackmail 'Morning Joe' hosts
- More details about President Trump's alleged attempt to blackmail the hosts of
are leaking out, including the reported involvement of his son-in-law.
reports Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski found out in March the
was planning to run a story about their affair, which...
Mika, Joe Fire Back: Photos
Show 'Perfectly Intact' Face
Jun 30, 2017 6:21 AM CDT
Mika, Joe Fire Back: Photos Show 'Perfectly Intact' Face
He's 'not well,' Morning Joe hosts say of Trump
hosts Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough had planned to take Friday off to start their July 4 vacation early—but that was before they became part of a President Trump controversy. Sources tell the
New York Daily News
that the hosts stayed an extra day to fire back...
Confirm Romance in Big Way
May 4, 2017 9:09 AM CDT
Co-Hosts Confirm Romance in Big Way
Rumors about Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski were apparently true
- Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC's
have resoundingly confirmed their long-rumored romantic relationship: with an engagement. MSNBC confirmed the news Thursday, per Politico , after Page Six reported the pair had gotten engaged during a weekend trip to France. Rumors of a romance first surfaced last year,...
Trump Slams Mika Brzezinski
as 'Neurotic,' 'Not Very Bright'
Aug 22, 2016 11:39 AM CDT
Trump Slams Mika Brzezinski as 'Neurotic,' 'Not Very Bright'
Twitter fight comes day after campaign says he doesn't use personal insults
- Donald Trump tuned into MSNBC's
on Monday and clearly didn't like the negative coverage from hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski. Thanks to Twitter, we know all about it: "Tried watching low-rated @Morning Joe
this morning, unwatchable!" Trump tweeted . He then labeled Brzezinski "...
to Name Rubio
Feb 4, 2016 11:38 AM CST
Santorum Struggles to Name Rubio Accomplishment
He gets grilled on TV after his endorsement
- Ouch. New non-candidate Rick Santorum may have endorsed Marco Rubio , but he's apparently not well versed on Rubio's work. While on MSNBC 's
Thursday, co-host Joe Scarborough asked Santorum to name Rubio's "top accomplishment" in the Senate, reports Politico . Santorum balked. "The...
'How Am I Losing
to These People?'
Oct 26, 2015 11:35 AM CDT
Graham's Lament: 'How Am I Losing to These People?'
SC senator uses 'SNL' line to show how he feels about Carson, Trump
- Ben Carson has admitted he used to "go after people with rocks, and bricks, and baseball bats, and hammers" and that he almost stabbed someone when he was a teen. Donald Trump is … well, Donald Trump . And Lindsey Graham is completely baffled how he's not making inroads...
Cries on TV
Jul 9, 2013 9:46 AM CDT
Eliot Spitzer Kinda-Sorta Cries on TV
Seems to well up on Morning Joe; not everyone's buying it
- Eliot Spitzer might have cried on TV this morning, but we can't say for sure. He appeared, at least, to get emotional during an interview on MSNBC's
, after host Mika Brzezinski asked him to give a heartfelt answer to the question: "How are you different...
Jan 8, 2013 1:46 PM CST
McChrystal: Assault Rifles Aren't for Civilians
Former general calls for 'serious action' on guns
- Former Gen. Stanley McChrystal took a firm stance on gun control during a
appearance today, demanding "serious action." Discussing the M-16 and M-4 assault weapons he used as a soldier, he noted that "the effects are devastating. ... That’s what our soldiers ought to carry....
Barney Frank on Senate: 'Coach, Put Me In!'
Jan 4, 2013 10:32 AM CST
Barney Frank on Senate: 'Coach, Put Me In!'
Former congressman admits he'd like John Kerry's seat
- Barney Frank wants to temporarily fill John Kerry's probably-soon-to-be-empty Senate seat, and he's not making a secret of it. "I'm not going to be coy. It's not something I've ever been good at. I've told the governor that I would now like, frankly,...
Dec 7, 2012 8:31 AM CST
David Axelrod Shaves 'Stache for Charity
Obama adviser loses 40-year-old mustache
- For the first time in 40 years, Obama adviser David Axelrod is clean-shaven. On MSNBC's
, Axelrod pledged during the election to shave his famous mustache if the president lost Pennsylvania, Minnesota, or Michigan. When Obama won all three states, Axelrod said he would still shave if the...
From the Pledge
Nov 26, 2012 1:31 PM CST
Now Cantor Backing Away From the Pledge
But Norquist says he'll go after anyone breaking it
- Eric Cantor joined the ranks of Republicans distancing themselves from Grover Norquist's pledge against raising taxes this morning, signaling that the GOP is willing to put revenue on the table to avert the fiscal cliff. "When I go to my constituents, it's not about the pledge,"...
Bain Ad 'Unfair'
May 14, 2012 11:33 AM CDT
Obama's Ex-Car Czar: Bain Ad 'Unfair'
Says it wasn't Bain's responsibility to create jobs
- The man who turned around the auto industry for the Obama administration thinks it's out of line in attacking Mitt Romney's Bain record . "I think the ad is unfair," former "car czar" Steve Rattner said on MSNBC's
this morning. "Look, Mitt...
Nov 29, 2011 11:21 AM CST
MSNBC Bleeps Out Ann Coulter
Commentator goes a little too far for censors on Morning Joe
- Anne Coulter’s lips moved quite a bit on
today—but you couldn’t hear most of what she was saying. MSNBC censored her discussion of the GOP race, and she appeared confused by the move, Mediaite reports. “What did I say?” she asked on-air after the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Brittney Griner Freed by Russia, but at a 'Heavy Price'
All Nantucket Beaches Are Now Topless Beaches
What Sleeping With a Weighted Blanket Does to Your Brain
Biden Signs NDA Limits Into Law
Sunny Balwani's Sentence Is Longer Than Elizabeth Holmes'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.