Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Add Newser to your home screen?
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 244,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Stories 1 - 20 |
He Found a 'Loophole' for a 'Free' Flight. Now, a Lawsuit
Brussels Airlines is suing hacker who flew himself, 2 pals to New York for free
- An overseas airline has filed a lawsuit against a hacker who booked a "free" flight from Belgium to New York. The
reports that Brussels Airlines wants $22,000 in damages from the 25-year-old man after he flew himself and two buddies to the US in business class...
Judge Orders Subway to Pay Big Bucks in Chicken Lawsuit
But it's unclear whether the chain did anything wrong
- A CBC report on Subway's chicken sandwiches is going to cost the chain fairly big bucks—regardless of the report's accuracy, the CBC reports. A judge has ordered Subway to reimburse the CBC $500,000 in legal costs after the chain tried to sue over the eye-grabbing 2017...
Jay-Z Sues Again: Life in Miss. Prison Is 'Barbaric'
Suit describes 'nonexistent' health care, food tainted with rat feces at Parchman in Mississippi
- The reported last words of an inmate who died by suicide at Mississippi State Penitentiary last month were, "I'm tired of this s---. They don't care about me or my food." Now, 152 inmates are suing the state's only maximum-security prison for men, known as...
Trump Campaign Sues
Over Russia Op-Ed
Essay claimed Trump had deal with Putin to defeat Clinton in 2016
- The campaign to reelect President Trump is suing the
New York Times
for defamation, saying it was responsible for an essay by a former executive editor for the newspaper that claimed the campaign made a deal with Russian officials to defeat Hillary Clinton in 2016. In the lawsuit filed in...
Baseball Is Being Sued— by Fantasy Players
They say their bets were tainted by the Astros' cheating
- The MLB is urging a judge to dismiss a class-action lawsuit brought by five fans who say their fantasy baseball scores suffered because the Houston Astros stole signs . The plaintiffs are suing the MLB, MLB Advanced Media, the Astros, and the Boston Red Sox (also accused of stealing signs ),...
The C-Section Was Supposed to Be Routine. Then, a Pink Catheter
Charles Johnson is suing Cedars-Sinai for wife's death during childbirth
- A father of two is suing Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, where his wife died during what was supposed to be a routine cesarean section. Charles Johnson says wife Kira's Foley catheter turned pink with blood as son Langston was delivered three years ago. When he raised concerns, "...
Newtown Families to See Shooter's Computer in Gun Suit
Remington faces accusation it marketed rifle to at-risk civilians
- Families of those killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting will have access to the shooter's computer as part of their lawsuit against gun maker Remington. A state Superior Court judge in Waterbury, Connecticut, signed off on a stipulated agreement Thursday between the families and Remington that will...
Court to Lawmakers: No, You Can't Sue Trump
Federal appeals court says congressional Dems have no legal standing in emoluments complaint
- Congressional Democrats received some disappointing news this week over their emoluments lawsuit against President Trump. Per Politico , the DC Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Friday that the complaint filed in 2017 by 200-plus Democratic House and Senate members, accusing the president of illegally profiting from foreign governments who spent money...
Kesha's Text to Lady Gaga About Katy Perry Just Cost Her
Judge rules 32-year-old singer defamed music producer Dr. Luke by claiming he'd raped Perry
- A legal battle that's been raging for six years between Kesha Rose Sebert (aka singer-songwriter Kesha) and music producer Dr. Luke (full name: Lukasz Gottwald) just earned a notch for Gottwald. Kesha, now 32, had filed a 2014 lawsuit against Gottwald, accusing him of verbal abuse and sexual assault,...
Shannen Doherty's Lawyer Rips State Farm's 'Appalling' Claim
Insurance company says actress is using cancer to gain sympathy, money for damaged home
- Shannen Doherty's revelation this week that that she has stage 4 breast cancer is mostly drawing messages of support—except from one notable name. State Farm is suggesting the
actress had an ulterior motive in first sharing that diagnosis in court documents. The 48-year-old is embroiled in a...
Shkreli Once Again in Hot Water Over Pricey Drug
'Pharma Bro' sued by FTC, New York AG over Daraprim
- Martin Shkreli's original controversy is back in the headlines. The disgraced CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals first gained infamy back in 2015 when his company jacked the price of Daraprim, a lifesaving drug that treats the parasitic infection toxoplasmosis, by 5,000%. Then he went to prison over an unrelated...
Wife Dies After Husband Trips While Carrying Her
He's now suing over pothole that tripped him, leading to her fatal head injuries
- A young Marine was carrying his wife to their car after a night out with friends when he tripped on a pothole—and five days later, she was dead. John and Robyn Pinkham were newlyweds when tragedy struck on June 14 of last year,
reports. They were leaving the...
Hillary Clinton Just Got Sued for $50M for Defamation
Tulsi Gabbard is not having that Russian asset accusation
- Remember that time Hillary Clinton called a presidential candidate in her own party a Russian asset , and then everyone had a good chortle and ate scones and jam together ? No? Well, neither does the aforementioned presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard, who's now suing Clinton for defamation and $50 million...
'Excluded' Aerosmith Drummer Sues Band
Founding member files lawsuit ahead of Grammys
- Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer says he has been shabbily treated by fellow members of the band he helped found 50 years ago. They say he is like a brother to them—but he has been "emotionally and physically" unable to play with them. In a lawsuit filed Friday, Kramer...
Calif. Teachers Waste No Time Suing Delta Over Fuel Dump
4 of them say they were exposed to 'overwhelming' fumes when troubled plane shed fuel over school
- Four teachers from a Los Angeles-area school sued Delta Air Lines on Friday, saying they were exposed to jet fuel when a plane with engine trouble dumped its fuel over a densely populated area, including several schools, while making an emergency return to the airport. The teachers described the fuel...
Woman Boards Plane, Gets Text: 'Want to Sit Next to Me?'
Ashley Barno accuses American Airlines of negligent hiring after enduring harassment
- Ashley Barno was waiting to board an American Airlines flight from San Diego to Chicago when the texts flooded in. An unknown sender said hello, complimented Barno's appearance, and noted he'd been watching her at San Diego International. "You are looking very gorgeous in grey top today!...
Andrew Yang's Wife: 'Pervy' Doctor Sexually Assaulted Me
Husband says victims 'deserve our belief, support, and protection'
- Andrew Yang's wife is sharing her story of sexual assault, one that's pushed her to join a lawsuit against Columbia University and former OB-GYN Robert Hadden. Evelyn Yang says she was seven months pregnant with her first child in 2012 when "pervy" Hadden proceeded to "undress...
Rappers Take Action After 5 Die in Mississippi Prisons
Jay-Z and Yo Gotti are suing on behalf of 29 inmates
- Five inmates have died in Mississippi's prisons since Dec. 29, and now two rappers are suing the state over the deaths. Specifically, Jay-Z and Yo Gotti filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday on behalf of 29 of the state's inmates, who say correctional officials aren't doing enough to...
McDonald's 'Declared War' on African Americans: Suit
It claims racial discrimination turned 'overt' under former CEO
- Two black executives at McDonald's are suing the company they say has "declared war against the African American community." Vicki Guster-Hines and Domineca Neal claim discrimination in their demotions from vice president to senior director positions in Dallas in 2018, per the
. But they also say...
Wife Sues Church for Reporting Hubby's Child Sex Abuse
Oregon suit claims 'priest-penitent privilege' was violated in case of Timothy Johnson
- Various lawsuits have accused clergy members of seeing sex abuse as more of a sin than a crime. A new one, however, claims quite the opposite. An Oregon woman is suing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for $9.5 million, arguing church leaders violated "priest-penitent privilege"...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Costco Draws the Line on Customers
Engineer Tries to Crash Train Into Hospital Ship
Treasury Does 180 on Stimulus Funds for One Set of Americans
A New Worry Emerges on Coronavirus Tests
Governor's Statement Causes Some Double Takes
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Suggest a Story
Get our apps
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.