Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Subway Eyes $10B Deal: Report
Jan 12, 2023 7:21 AM CST
Subway Eyes $10B Deal: Report
It would be 'one of the most expensive deals for a restaurant chain in history'
- Subway, a fast-food company that has remained in the hands of its two founding families for more than 50 years, is exploring a possible sale. The restaurant chain with more US locations than any other has retained advisers to explore selling the company for as much as $10 billion, the...
Decision' to Head East
Jan 11, 2023 10:40 AM CST
In-N-Out Makes 'Life-Changing Decision' to Head East
In-N-Out Burger is expanding into Tennessee—the farthest east the chain has gone
- In-N-Out Burger hasn't made its way across the pond, though Prince Harry is now a new fan . But the iconic restaurant chain based in California is slowly working its way east, now announcing a plan to open sites in Tennessee. Per a statement from company owner and President Lynsi...
Big Closure May Signal Shift
in World of Fine Dining
Jan 9, 2023 11:34 AM CST
Big Closure May Signal Shift in World of Fine Dining
Noma, one of the best restaurants in the world, will close next year to become a test kitchen
- Noma has topped the prestigious World's 50 Best Restaurants list so many times—five—that it's not eligible to win anymore. But those who want to travel to Copenhagen to taste for themselves now have a limited opportunity to do so: The Danish restaurant said Monday that it...
Taco Bell Considering
Big Change to Its Menu
Dec 15, 2022 12:13 PM CST
Taco Bell Considering Big Change to Its Menu
Fast-food company may permanently offer fries to compete with McDonald's
- Taco Bell may soon be asking if you want fries with your taco—and not just on special occasions. The Mexican-inspired fast-food chain is considering making fries a permanent menu item as it aims to bring in more customers for lunch. Taco Bell launched nacho fries as a limited-time menu...
Oct 25, 2022 8:13 AM CDT
James Corden Opens Show With Apology
'Late Late Show' host explained how NYC restaurant banned him over 'rude comment'
- "Have I missed anything? Did I miss any news?" James Corden joked with his studio audience Monday. The
Late Late Show
host was, of course, referring to the hubbub sparked since he was banned, then unbanned from the New York City restaurant Balthazar over his reported treatment of the...
Cops: Man Upset
Over Botched Meal
Oct 22, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
Cops: Man Upset Over Botched Meal Torched Eatery
Choephel Norbu apparently flipped over not getting chicken biryani he wanted from Queens restaurant
- A Queens, NY, man is in hot water after he apparently got miffed over a screwed-up order at a Bangladeshi restaurant earlier this month and set the place on fire, according to court documents cited by NBC News . Security video shot early Oct. 2 outside Ittadi Garden & Grill in...
Capes. They Wear
Sep 15, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Some Heroes Don't Wear Capes. They Wear Chick-fil-A Uniforms
Mykel Gordon praised for helping woman with baby during alleged carjacking in Okaloosa County, Fla.
- A fast-food employee saved the day this week during a terrifying alleged carjacking attempt in Florida. Per a release from the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office, a woman was getting her baby out of her car Wednesday in the parking lot of a Chick-fil-A in Fort Walton Beach when she...
28 Arrested in Viral
Video of Men Beating
Women in Restaurant
Aug 30, 2022 1:57 AM CDT
28 Arrested in Viral Video of Men Beating Women in Restaurant
Footage of women brutally attacked put gender-based violence back in spotlight
Twenty-eight people have been charged in the June assault on multiple women at a restaurant in China that sparked outrage regarding violence against women in the country. Authorities say the incident and charges are connected to gang activity in the area, the
reports. Authorities had previously said...
Cracker Barrel's New 'Sausage'
Creates Online Ruckus
in case you missed it
Aug 7, 2022 12:05 PM CDT
Cracker Barrel's New 'Sausage' Creates Online Ruckus
Chain's ad promoting plant-based Impossible brand generates backlash from customers
- It seemed an innocuous enough ad for Cracker Barrel. "Discover new meat frontiers," the restaurant chain announced in a Monday social media post . "Experience the out of this world flavor of Impossible Sausage Made From Plants next time you Build Your Own Breakfast." The accompanying photo...
New Champ Crowned
World's Best Restaurant
Jul 23, 2022 11:39 AM CDT
New Champ Crowned World's Best Restaurant
Copenhagen's Geranium is No .1, while Atomix in New York City is top US entry at No. 33
- For exquisite dining, Copenhagen is apparently the place to go. The Denmark city's Geranium restaurant under Rasmus Kofoed has been crowned the champion in the annual World's 50 Best Restaurant rankings. Last year, Copenhagen's Noma won the title. As Eater notes, rules established in 2019 bar a...
Taco Bell's New Menu Items
Feature 'Nostalgic' Ingredient
Jun 30, 2022 2:44 PM CDT
Taco Bell's New Menu Items Feature 'Nostalgic' Ingredient
Giant Cheez-It cracker is the base for test-drive of limited-edition tostada, Crunchwrap Supreme
- If Taco Bell happens to be sold out of the newly revived Mexican Pizza, no need to write a sad country song about it, as Dolly Parton might be wont to do . Instead, try the restaurant chain's two new menu items, both of which incorporate a Cheez-It cracker that'...
Restaurant That Supposedly
Sank May Still Be Afloat
Jun 24, 2022 7:03 AM CDT
Restaurant That Supposedly Sank May Still Be Afloat
Clarification from owners of HK's iconic Jumbo says it's 'still in the waters' in South China Sea
- A clarification has been issued on a floating Hong Kong restaurant that appeared to have met its demise earlier this week while being towed to Cambodia for refurbishing—though the clarification isn't terribly clear, either. Aberdeen Restaurant Enterprises Limited, owner of the 46-year-old Jumbo Floating Restaurant, now suggests the...
Russian McDonald's Are No
More, but Now There's This
Jun 22, 2022 8:40 AM CDT
Russian McDonald's Are No More, but Now There's This
Rebranded restaurants opened to great demand, says new CEO
You can't get a Big Mac in Russia anymore, but you can get a burger at Vkusno & tochka—and plenty of people apparently did on opening day. About 50 of the successor restaurant to McDonald's opened in the Moscow area over June 12 and 13 under...
After a Quirky Name Change,
Now They're Stuck With It
in case you missed it
May 29, 2022 5:20 PM CDT
After a Quirky Name Change, Now They're Stuck With It
Taiwanese lawmakers debate rules change for those who adopted 'Salmon' moniker for restaurant promo
- Is the free fish really worth it? A bunch of people in Taiwan who legally changed their name to "Salmon" to take advantage of a restaurant promotion are about to find out, because the government isn't letting some of them change their names back, reports the
A Pandemic Success Story,
Popeyes Eyes New Shores
Apr 19, 2022 11:44 AM CDT
A Pandemic Success Story, Popeyes Eyes New Shores
Chain to expand to new markets, open 200 restaurants in US and Canada this year
- Popeyes is promising speedy drive-thru service as it plans to open more than 200 new locations in the US and Canada this year—more than half of which will feature double drive-thrus. The company also announced Tuesday its plans to expand in the UK, China, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia, and...
New Hire Talks,
and Works for Free
Mar 4, 2022 1:25 PM CST
Restaurant's New Hire Talks, Plays Music, and Works for Free
Faced with worker shortage, Tin Lizzie's in Deadwood, SD, recruited a robot server
- At the Tin Lizzie Gaming Resort in Deadwood, SD, a labor shortage left management scrambling to figure out a way to alleviate current workers' stresses. "We thought outside the box," Assistant General Manager Josh Thurmes tells Local 12 in introducing the casino eatery's newest staffer: a robot...
Fight Over Steak Leads
to Golden Corral Melee
Feb 1, 2022 7:50 AM CST
Fight Over Steak Leads to Golden Corral Melee
Brawl caught on video took place at restaurant in Bensalem, Pa.
- Patrons at a Golden Corral in Bensalem, Pa., were treated to a brawl with their buffet late last week, with police and witnesses pointing to a misunderstanding over steak as the tipping point. Bensalem Director of Public Safety William McVey says the incident took place around 4:30pm on Friday,...
KFC on New Chicken-Free
Chicken Nugget: 'It's Time'
Jan 6, 2022 2:07 PM CST
KFC on New Chicken-Free Chicken Nugget: 'It's Time'
Chain's Beyond Fried Chicken is a plant-based chicken alternative created with Beyond Meat
- As 2022 kicks into high gear, KFC has a "Kentucky Fried Miracle" to announce: its Beyond Fried Chicken, a plant-based chicken nugget alternative created in partnership with Beyond Meat, per a release from KFC parent company Yum Brands. Starting Monday and for a limited time, the fast-food chain will...
3 Women Charged in NYC
Restaurant Melee Over COVID
Oct 6, 2021 10:25 AM CDT
3 Women Charged in NYC Restaurant Melee Over COVID
Carmine's says there's no proof its hostess used a racial slur
Three woman who were recorded allegedly attacking a NYC restaurant hostess in a September dust-up over proof of vaccination were arraigned Tuesday on charges of third-degree assault, attempted assault, and harassment. The
New York Post
reports Sally Rechelle Lewis, 49; Kaeita Nkeenge Rankin, 44; Tyonnie Keshay Rankin, 21, could...
Kiwis' Illicit Substance
Was Finger Lickin' Good
Sep 21, 2021 1:18 PM CDT
Kiwis' Illicit Substance Was Finger Lickin' Good
2 accused of trying to transport KFC meal into locked-down Auckland
- New Zealand police have arrested two men who allegedly tried to enter the locked-down city of Auckland with an illicit substance: takeout food. Specifically, they carried three buckets of KFC chicken, 10 containers of coleslaw, and a bunch of fries, in addition to $70,000 in cash and a stash...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
US Downs Chinese Balloon Off South Carolina Coast
Now There's a 2nd Balloon, per Pentagon
A Vital Mineral Deposit Could Bring Big Change to Nebraska Village
This Reporter Followed George Santos Around for 16 Hours
2 Arrested After Shooting That Left 6 Dead, Including Infant
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.