Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
KFC on New Chicken-Free
Chicken Nugget: 'It's Time'
Jan 6, 2022 2:07 PM CST
KFC on New Chicken-Free Chicken Nugget: 'It's Time'
Chain's Beyond Fried Chicken is a plant-based chicken alternative created with Beyond Meat
- As 2022 kicks into high gear, KFC has a "Kentucky Fried Miracle" to announce: its Beyond Fried Chicken, a plant-based chicken nugget alternative created in partnership with Beyond Meat, per a release from KFC parent company Yum Brands. Starting Monday and for a limited time, the fast-food chain will...
3 Women Charged in NYC
Restaurant Melee Over COVID
Oct 6, 2021 10:25 AM CDT
3 Women Charged in NYC Restaurant Melee Over COVID
Carmine's says there's no proof its hostess used a racial slur
Three woman who were recorded allegedly attacking a NYC restaurant hostess in a September dust-up over proof of vaccination were arraigned Tuesday on charges of third-degree assault, attempted assault, and harassment. The
New York Post
reports Sally Rechelle Lewis, 49; Kaeita Nkeenge Rankin, 44; Tyonnie Keshay Rankin, 21, could...
Kiwis' Illicit Substance
Was Finger Lickin' Good
Sep 21, 2021 1:18 PM CDT
Kiwis' Illicit Substance Was Finger Lickin' Good
2 accused of trying to transport KFC meal into locked-down Auckland
- New Zealand police have arrested two men who allegedly tried to enter the locked-down city of Auckland with an illicit substance: takeout food. Specifically, they carried three buckets of KFC chicken, 10 containers of coleslaw, and a bunch of fries, in addition to $70,000 in cash and a stash...
Fast Food Giant's Fries
Are About to Be Transformed
in case you missed it
Aug 29, 2021 5:16 PM CDT
Fast Food Giant's Fries Are About to Be Transformed
Wendy's vows that its new french fries will stay hotter, crispier longer
- In recent taste tests , Wendy's french fries have done ... OK, but not great. Those mediocre rankings may soon change, as the fast-food chain has announced it's bestowing upon its fries what CNN Business calls "a makeover for the COVID era." Wendy's President Kurt Kane revealed...
The $72 Fried
Rice Was a Joke.
Aug 6, 2021 11:30 AM CDT
The $72 Fried Rice Was a Joke. People Couldn't Get Enough
'Over-the-top' dish at Vietnamese restaurant was only supposed to last 2 weeks. Everyone wanted it.
- Late last year, in the midst of the pandemic, the chef at a new Vietnamese restaurant in San Francisco cooked up a special meal to cheer up demoralized staff: #1 Dac Biet Fried Rice, or crab fried rice with "the works." The offering at Lily ended up becoming...
He's a Star Sommelier—and
Allegedly, a Secret Arsonist
Jul 29, 2021 9:40 AM CDT
He's a Star Sommelier—and Allegedly, a Secret Arsonist
Caleb Ganzer charged with burning outdoor dining structures in NYC
- Three fires set near New York City restaurants since January have been attributed to someone with much interest in the restaurant business: a star sommelier . A former
Food & Wine
magazine sommelier of the year , who spent part of his career at the Michelin-starred Eleven Madison Park , Caleb Ganzer is...
McDonald's Comes In
Last in Fast-Food Survey
in case you missed it
Jul 10, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
McDonald's Comes In Last in Fast-Food Survey
Chick-fil-A took top spot for 7th year in a row
- For restaurants and diners alike, the 2020-2021 period was a time like no other—but customer ratings of their experiences at fast-food restaurants remained surprisingly unchanged. The American Customer Satisfaction Index says that in its annual survey, Chick-fil-A took the top spot for the seventh year in a row, with...
3-Star Restaurant Known
for Meat Ditching the Meat
May 4, 2021 6:27 AM CDT
3-Star Restaurant Known for Meat Ditching the Meat
Eleven Madison Park will be almost entirely vegan upon reopening
- A Manhattan restaurant once considered the best in the world will no longer serve meat. David Humm's Eleven Madison Park, which topped the World's 50 Best Restaurants list in 2017 but failed to land a place in 2019 , plans to serve "an eight to ten course menu...
to Keep Ketchup in Stock
Apr 10, 2021 6:00 AM CDT
Restaurants Struggle to Keep Ketchup in Stock
- In the grand scheme of a pandemic, it's not so bad. Still, the
Wall Street Journal
reports on an unexpected hiccup related to COVID—a ketchup shortage. The issue is most pronounced for restaurants scrambling to find supplies, particularly of ketchup packets, which are deemed safer than shared bottles....
In $34K for
Feb 17, 2021 8:45 AM CST
City's 'Tip War' Brings In $34K for Restaurant Workers
Fans of 2 hometown colleges are trying to one-up each other in Cincinnati
- It started on Jan. 9 with a message from a Cincinnati burger joint. "To the gentleman and his daughters who left this incredibly generous tip this afternoon, with big smiles on our faces, we want to say, thank you!" Zip's Cafe posted on Facebook , thanking the patrons...
Eatery Sorry for 'Discreet'
Dinner Invite Amid Dining Ban
Dec 30, 2020 10:25 AM CST
Eatery Sorry for 'Discreet' Dinner Invite Amid Dining Ban
La Scala in Beverly Hills says it never intended to violate rules
- A celebrity hangout in Beverly Hills is apologizing after inviting customers to an "inside" dinner party on New Year's Eve. The invitation from Italian restaurant La Scala, dropped into customers' takeout bags, teased a "discreet" speak-easy-themed soiree. "We are considering taking reservations for New Year's...
He Came In, Ate,
and Left. His Tip Sent
Workers Into Shock
in case you missed it
Dec 26, 2020 11:30 AM CST
He Came In, Ate, and Left. His Tip Sent Workers Into Shock
Thanks to generous $5.6K gift to Toledo eatery, 28 employees each have an extra $200 in hand
- As it's been for many business owners during the pandemic, 2020 has been a tough year for Moussa Salloukh, the chef and owner of Souk Mediterranean Kitchen in Toledo, Ohio. He tells CNN that the restaurant, which he opened in October 2019, "was a tribute to my mother,...
Maskless Conga Line at Party
Puts GOP Club on the Defense
Dec 23, 2020 12:10 PM CST
Maskless Conga Line at Party Puts GOP Club on the Defense
'There's no pandemic clause in the Constitution,' the Whitestone Republican Club posted
- Maskless holiday parties with exuberant conga lines aren't exactly de rigueur this year, but that doesn't mean there haven't been any. Per the
New York Times
, journalist Matt Binder posted a video online Monday that showed members of the Whitestone Republican Club—including club President Vickie Paladino,...
Turns Out There Was a 2nd
Ill-Advised Napa Valley Dinner
Dec 2, 2020 11:00 AM CST
Turns Out There Was a 2nd Ill-Advised Napa Valley Dinner
London Breed dined at French Laundry the night after Gavin Newsom
- Gov. Gavin Newsom caught flak for dining at the esteemed French Laundry in November. He wasn't the only high-profile California Democrat to make that choice last month. The
reports San Francisco Mayor London Breed ate at the three-star Michelin restaurant in Yountville the night after Newsom did as...
Left Massive Tip
Nov 23, 2020 11:30 AM CST
He Ordered One Beer, Left Massive Tip
Good Samaritan leaves $3K at jazz club that's closing till the spring due to COVID
- A man wandered into Cleveland's Nighttown jazz club over the weekend and ordered just one beer—a purchase that WKYC notes would usually warrant a buck or two for a tip. This customer left a whole lot more, though: $3,000, and it was no drunken mistake. In a...
In a Dine-and-Dash,
the 'Dash' Is Very Important
Nov 2, 2020 10:25 AM CST
In a Dine-and-Dash, the 'Dash' Is Very Important
Cops says woman tried to escape in restaurant ceiling, fell to ground in front of officers
- Police in British Columbia say they ended up making a surprisingly easy capture in a dine-and-dash incident. When officers from the Burnaby Royal Canadian Mounted Police responded to a local restaurant, a manager told them a customer had climbed into the ceiling in the bathroom and was attempting to escape...
Casualty of COVID
Nov 2, 2020 10:00 AM CST
Another Corporate Casualty of COVID
Friendly's restaurant chain, known for its ice cream sundaes, has filed for Chapter 11
- Friendly's Restaurants, an East Coast dining chain known for its sundaes, is filing for bankruptcy protection. The company, which runs its restaurants under the parent company FIC Restaurants Inc., will sell substantially all of its assets to the restaurant company Amici Partners Group, per the AP . All 130 of...
No More Pints
or Pimm's Here
Oct 16, 2020 8:17 AM CDT
No More Pints or Pimm's Here for Now
Alcohol sales banned in British Parliament's bars, restaurants as COVID restrictions are tightened
- Don't expect to grab a pint at your favorite Parliament watering hole anytime soon. Starting Saturday, alcohol is banned at all House of Commons venues, in what Speaker of the House Sir Lindsay Hoyle says is an attempt to bring the governmental institution "into line with the national...
COVID's 'Unprecedented Impact'
Drives Another Big Bankruptcy
Oct 7, 2020 10:00 AM CDT
COVID's 'Unprecedented Impact' Drives Another Big Bankruptcy
Ruby Tuesday reduced to 236 restaurants
- Ruby Tuesday has filed for bankruptcy, partly blaming the "unprecedented impact" of the coronavirus pandemic, though it was struggling well before March. The classic American dining chain will permanently shutter 185 restaurants across the US, according to a Wednesday release. Another 236 restaurants will continue operating. "This announcement...
Chuck E. Cheese
Wants to Shred
7B Prize Tickets
in case you missed it
Sep 20, 2020 1:40 PM CDT
Chuck E. Cheese Wants to Shred 7B Prize Tickets
Company asks for permission to destroy cache
- Somewhere out there, there is a stash of Chuck E. Cheese prize tickets big enough to give one to everybody on the planet—and the company wants to have it destroyed. The children's restaurant chain, which applied for bankruptcy protection in June, has asked a bankruptcy court for permission...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Skier May Face Manslaughter Charges After Deadly Collision
Airlines Have a Dire Warning on 5G Rollout
Mass Killer Gives Nazi Salute at Parole Hearing
Lara Logan's Talent Agency Drops Her
At 63, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Had an Affair—and a Daughter
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.