Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Rep. Adam Kinzinger
Hawley Has Defiant Tweet
Amid Much Mockery
Jul 22, 2022 10:07 AM CDT
Hawley Has Defiant Tweet Amid Much Mockery
Critics are ridiculing his actions on Jan. 6, with Kinzinger dubbing him 'Fistpump McRunpants'
- Thursday's prime-time Jan. 6 hearing put its main focus on the actions of former President Trump . But the other politician getting a
of attention on Friday is GOP Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri. The House panel investigating the Capitol riot showed a now-famous photo of Hawley raising his...
Focus of Primetime Jan. 6
Hearing: Trump's Inaction
Jul 21, 2022 8:07 AM CDT
Focus of Primetime Jan. 6 Hearing: Trump's Inaction
Committee to argue Trump wanted the violence, struggled to condemn it
- The House select committee investigating the events of Jan. 6, 2021, returns to primetime Thursday. In its 8pm ET hearing, the panel will argue then-President Trump failed to act to defend the Capitol over 187 excruciating minutes: from the time he wrapped up his speech at the Ellipse at 1:...
Panel 'a Lot
Jul 10, 2022 3:10 PM CDT
Cipollone Gave Panel 'a Lot of Relevant Information'
Former White House counsel didn't contradict other witnesses, Kinzinger says
- After interviewing Pat Cipollone for eight hours behind closed doors, the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol said his testimony supported accusations about then-President Donald Trump's actions. A spokesman for the committee said the former White House counsel touched on "nearly every major topic"...
DOJ Officials Threatened
Mass Resignations: Testimony
Jun 23, 2022 7:30 PM CDT
DOJ Officials Threatened Mass Resignations: Testimony
Trump wanted to install an acting attorney general who'd investigate election
- Justice Department officials told the Jan. 6 committee Thursday of President Trump's efforts to enlist them in overthrowing the results of the 2020 presidential election in his last weeks in office, including a plan to install an election denier atop the agency and pressure them to declare the vote...
Kinzinger Warns: 'There Is
Violence in the Future'
Jun 20, 2022 9:45 AM CDT
Kinzinger Warns: 'There Is Violence in the Future'
GOP congressman on Jan. 6 select House panel speaks on political lies, says he got death threat
- Rep. Adam Kinzinger, one of two Republicans on the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol, fears that violence instigated by his own party is on the horizon, and he says he's already been threatened himself. The Illinois congressman sat down Sunday with George...
GOP Censured 2 of Its Own,
and a Backlash Is Growing
Feb 8, 2022 10:25 AM CST
GOP Censured 2 of Its Own, and a Backlash Is Growing
Lindsey Graham is among those accusing the RNC of looking backward instead of forward
- The Republican National Committee's decision to censure two lawmakers from its own party is not sitting well with some big-name Republicans. Coverage in multiple outlets quotes GOP members of Congress who say the strike against Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger was misguided and could potentially hurt a party...
GOP Censures Kinzinger,
Cheney for Investigating Riot
Feb 4, 2022 1:56 PM CST
GOP Censures Kinzinger, Cheney for Investigating Riot
Republican governor calls it a sad day for the party
- The two GOP members of the House committee investigating the Capitol riot have been punished by their party. A resolution to censure Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger passed, without debate, on a one-sided voice vote Friday at a meeting of the Republican National Committee, the
Jan 31, 2022 10:30 AM CST
Trump's Line About Pence Causes a Ruckus
Ex-president says explicitly that his VP could have 'overturned' election results but chose not to
- Former President Trump made a flurry of provocative assertions over the weekend, both at a Texas rally and in a Sunday night statement . At the rally, he said he'd consider pardons for those connected to the Capitol riot and called for the "biggest protests we have ever had"...
Eyes Run for
Nov 24, 2021 12:11 AM CST
Kinzinger Eyes Run for Illinois Governor
He thinks he's the only candidate capable of beating current Democratic governor
- Adam Kinzinger isn't running for re-election to the House of Representatives next year, but the anti-Trump Republican may be running for governor of his state. "I think I’m the only candidate that could win, at least that’s out there now," against the current Illinois governor,...
Kinzinger: I Was Ready to
Shoot Capitol Rioters
Nov 10, 2021 7:37 AM CST
Kinzinger: I Was Ready to Shoot Capitol Rioters
GOP congressman was 'prepared to defend against my own party' on Jan. 6 as he hid in office
- Adam Kinzinger was at the US Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot, and in a new interview with
, he reveals what was going through his head that day as he "hunkered down" in his office, hiding from the rioters. The 43-year-old Congressman from Illinois says he'd...
GOP Trump Critic Kinzinger
Won't Run for Reelection
Oct 29, 2021 9:56 AM CDT
GOP Trump Critic Kinzinger Won't Run for Reelection
Illinois congressman says he's not done with politics, however
- One of the GOP's most vocal critics of former President Trump will not run for reelection in the House next year. Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois announced his decision in a video Friday morning, reports CNN . "I also remember during [my 2009] campaign saying that if I ever...
Jul 26, 2021 2:13 PM CDT
Republicans Seething Over Pelosi's Move
They want House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy to punish 2 Republicans named to Jan. 6 panel
- The special House panel set up to investigate the Capitol riot will start hearing testimony on Tuesday, but it's still not clear whether the final makeup of the panel is set. As of Tuesday morning, seven Democrats and two Republicans were on board after political sniping between Nancy Pelosi...
Mind for Panel
Jul 25, 2021 12:00 PM CDT
Pelosi Has Another Republican in Mind for Panel
Adam Kinzinger would be the second GOP Trump critic on the panel, despite McCarthy's wishes
- Ten Republican House members voted to impeach former President Trump the second time, and just two cast "yes" votes last month to form a special committee to investigate the attack on the US Capitol. One of them, Rep. Liz Cheney, already is on the Jan. 6 panel, and House...
Got a Letter
From Family After
Feb 16, 2021 2:19 AM CST
GOP Lawmaker Got a Letter From Family After Ditching Trump
'I wanted Adam to be shunned,' cousin Karen Otto says
- Rep. Adam Kinzinger, who voted to impeach then-President Trump and warned his fellow Republicans that it's "time to choose," may be risking his career by standing up for what he believes, the
New York Times
reports in an extensive piece on the lawmaker. Kinzinger, who was censured...
Voted to Impeach
Tells GOP It's
Time to Choose
Jan 31, 2021 12:50 PM CST
Republican Who Voted to Impeach Tells GOP It's Time to Choose
New leadership PAC is designed to counter Trump's hold on party, Kinzinger says
- The fight for control of the Republican Party has a new element. Rep. Adam Kinzinger announced he's established a leadership political action committee to counter former President Trump's grip on the party and its funding, the
reports. The Illinois lawmaker, who voted to impeach Trump, made...
'We Have Now
Set a Price'
TALK SHOW ROUNDUP
Jun 1, 2014 12:10 PM CDT
GOP Rips Bergdahl Deal: 'We Have Now Set a Price'
Susan Rice again sent to face fallout for White House
- Republicans are weighing in on the US-Taliban trade that yesterday set POW Bowe Bergdahl free, and they are decidedly not in favor. A sample of reactions on today's talk shows, as per Politico :
Mike Rogers :
"The No. 1 way that al-Qaeda raises money is by ransom—kidnapping and
Jun 11, 2011 6:39 AM CDT
Obama: Economy 'Going to Take Time'
President pleads for patience in weekly address
- President Obama today sought the public's patience with a slowing economy and said training workers for manufacturing jobs despite declines in that sector will help put the economy on a path toward growth. "We didn't get into this mess overnight. And we won't get out of...
GOP Freshmen Promise Cuts,
Spend Big in First Quarter
Jun 8, 2011 11:00 AM CDT
GOP Freshmen Promise Cuts, Spend Big in First Quarter
PR, car leases cost taxpayers a bunch
- Despite campaign promises to slash the federal budget, some GOP House freshmen are sparing no expense on cars and PR at taxpayer expense. At least 15 newly elected Republicans have spent tens of thousands on mailings that boost their exposure in their districts, says House quarterly disbursement reports. Many also...
Popular on Newser
The 'Iconic' Kirstie Alley Is Dead at 71
What We Know About the Power Station Sabotage in NC
Here's How Things Look Ahead of Georgia's Runoff
You Can Keep Procrastinating on That Real ID
Recent Storms Leave Mystery Debris Protruding from Beach
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.