Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Los Angeles Angels
Convicted in Death
of Tyler Skaggs
Feb 17, 2022 5:46 PM CST
Team Employee Convicted in Death of Tyler Skaggs
Eric Kay, former communications director, gave Angels pitcher counterfeit pills laced with fentanyl
- A Texas jury found a former Los Angeles Angels staff member guilty Thursday of two counts in the 2019 overdose death of pitcher Tyler Skaggs. After deliberating for less than three hours, the US District Court jury in Fort Worth convicted Eric Kay of distributing an opioid laced with fentanyl...
Team Worker Watched
Pitcher Snort Drugs on
Night He Died: Testimony
Feb 15, 2022 5:46 AM CST
Team Worker Watched Pitcher Snort Drugs on Night He Died: Testimony
Angels' Tyler Skaggs died in his hotel room in 2019
A former Los Angeles Angels employee accused of providing the opioids that contributed to Tyler Skaggs' overdose death told a colleague he watched the Angels pitcher do drugs the night before he was found dead in a suburban Dallas hotel room, according to testimony Monday in his trial. Eric...
Ball Girl Takes Down
Rogue Fan at Dodger Stadium
Aug 9, 2021 2:30 PM CDT
Ball Girl Takes Down Rogue Fan at Dodger Stadium
Man had managed to evade security during run across field
- "Reminder: Don’t mess with our ball girls!" So tweeted Dodgers Nation after a rogue fan was stopped in his tracks Sunday. After the fan invaded the field at Dodger Stadium during the sixth inning of Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Angels, he evaded security and...
May 6, 2021 4:11 PM CDT
Angels Cut $240M Slugger Albert Pujols
The star, who ranks fifth on home run list, was in the last year of a $240M contract
- Albert Pujols was cut by the Los Angeles Angels on Thursday, abruptly ending the 41-year-old superstar slugger's decade with his second major league team. The Angels surprisingly announced the move to designate Pujols for assignment a day after he wasn't in their lineup for the slumping club's...
New Twist in
Aug 31, 2019 10:30 AM CDT
Pitcher's Family 'Shocked' by New Twist in His Death
The investigation into Tyler Skaggs' death apparently involves a Los Angeles Angels employee
- Looks like the probe into Tyler Skaggs' death involves a Los Angeles Angels employee—which his family called a shocking development,
reports. "We have not been told the identity of the Angel employee that may be involved so I will take a pass on saying anything right...
Game to Honor Late Pitcher:
'You Can't Make This Stuff Up'
Jul 13, 2019 6:58 AM CDT
Game to Honor Late Pitcher: 'You Can't Make This Stuff Up'
Angels register a no-hitter on night they paid tribute to late pitcher Tyler Skaggs
- It was going to be an emotional night anyway in Anaheim—the first home game for the Los Angeles Angels since the unexpected death of pitcher Tyler Skaggs. First came the pregame tribute with his family, then his mother throwing out the first pitch, then each member of the team...
Suicide, Foul Play Not
Suspected in Pitcher's Death
Jul 2, 2019 6:46 AM CDT
Suicide, Foul Play Not Suspected in Pitcher's Death
Los Angeles Angels player Tyler Skaggs, who died at age 27, is remembered by teammates, fans
- The baseball world is still reeling from the sudden death of Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs in Texas on Monday, and now the tributes and condolences for the 27-year-old's family—especially his wife, Carli, whom he just married on New Year's Eve—are pouring in from fellow...
Tyler Skaggs Dead at 27
Jul 1, 2019 6:59 PM CDT
Angels Pitcher Tyler Skaggs Dead at 27
Los Angeles team says player died Monday in Texas
- Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died Monday at the age of 27, stunning Major League Baseball and leading to the postponement of the team's game against the Texas Rangers. Skaggs was with the team in Texas when he was found unresponsive in his hotel room, police said. He...
This Is the Sports Contract
to End All Sports Contracts
Mar 19, 2019 4:54 PM CDT
This Is the Sports Contract to End All Sports Contracts
Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels reportedly near deal
- Mike Trout is about to score the largest contract in baseball history—and possibly in sports history. Sources tell the AP that Trout and the Los Angeles Angels are close to finalizing a $432 million, 12-year contract; that would put him well beyond the current baseball record holder, Bryce Harper,...
This Kind of
Not Seen in
Aug 17, 2018 7:57 AM CDT
This Kind of Triple Play Not Seen in 106 Years
Texas Rangers pull it off
- Bases loaded, nobody out. The Angels' David Fletcher then hits a hard ground ball to third that results in a triple play last seen in Major League Baseball in 1912, reports
. The rarity? The batter wasn't one of the outs, according to STATS . Watch the play pulled...
Dead at 29
Nov 10, 2015 9:59 AM CST
Former Star MLB Pitcher Dead at 29
Ex-Braves player Tommy Hanson suffered 'catastrophic organ failure': report
- Tommy Hanson, the friendly pitcher known as "Big Red" whose MLB career was stalled by injuries and personal loss, died Monday night at the age of 29, the
reports. Hanson, who pitched four seasons for the Atlanta Braves and ended his major league stint with the Los...
ALSO, CJ WILSON
Dec 8, 2011 11:21 AM CST
Angels Land Albert Pujols for $250M
Deal is for 10 years, $250 million
- The Los Angeles Angels made two huge splashes today, snatching up two of the biggest free agents on the market: Albert Pujols and CJ Wilson. Pujols has agreed to a 10-year deal worth between $250 and $260 million, a source tells Yahoo! Sports . Depending on the exact number, it may...
Jul 27, 2011 3:32 PM CDT
Angels' Ervin Santana Pitches No-Hitter
Cleveland Indians are the victims
- Ervin Santana pitched the first solo no-hitter for the Angels in nearly 27 years today against the Cleveland Indians. Santana struck out 10 and allowed only two runners—there was an error on the leadoff batter in the first inning and a walk in the eighth. (That leadoff batter eventually...
Popular on Newser
Dubya Makes 'Freudian Slip of the Century'
Planned Fix for Sinking Tower Hits Big Snag
'Payton, You're a Coward!'
Terrified Buffalo Store Worker Called 911. She Says Dispatcher Hung Up
Man Marks 50 Years of Eating Big Macs Daily
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.