Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
E. Jean Carroll: Thanks to New
Law, I'm Suing Trump Again
Sep 21, 2022 9:25 AM CDT
E. Jean Carroll: Thanks to New Law, I'm Suing Trump Again
Writer, who already has defamation suit against ex-president, will now file sexual battery complaint
- E. Jean Carroll says she'll take advantage of New York's new Adult Survivors Act to file a sexual battery lawsuit against former President Donald Trump, whom she claims raped her in a Manhattan department store dressing room in late 1995 or early 1996. The former
Andy Dick Arrested (Again)
for Alleged Sexual Battery
May 12, 2022 4:32 AM CDT
Andy Dick Arrested (Again) for Alleged Sexual Battery
Dick's record of drug and sex-related crimes dates back over two decades
- Andy Dick, known in some circles as a comedian, was arrested and charged with felony sexual battery Wednesday for allegedly assaulting another man at an RV park in Orange County, California, per the
New York Daily News.
The arrest was captured on video by "a fellow RV enthusiast" and...
Apr 8, 2022 6:35 AM CDT
Snoop Dogg Sexual Assault Claim Withdrawn
'Her complaint was full of false allegations and deficiencies,' spokesperson says
: A lawsuit against Snoop Dogg that made headlines days before his Super Bowl halftime show performance has been dropped. In the February lawsuit, a woman identified only as "Jane Doe" accused Snoop Dogg and a friend of sexually assaulting her after a 2013 concert. The suit was withdrawn...
First State Bans
'Stealthing' During Sex
Oct 8, 2021 1:35 AM CDT
First State Bans 'Stealthing' During Sex
Legislation classifies nonconsensual removal of condom as sexual battery
California on Thursday became the first state to prohibit "stealthing," the nonconsensual removal of a condom during sex, when Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a bill into law that defines the act as sexual battery, the AP reports.
Our original story from Feb. 9, 2021, follows:
Suit: For Months,
Cop Gained Teen's
He Raped Her
Mar 6, 2021 9:00 AM CST
Suit: For Months, Cop Gained Teen's Trust. Then He Raped Her
Complaint filed by mom says Rodney Vicknair was officer originally sent to take girl for a rape exam
- A New Orleans cop is now a former one after accusations that he groomed and raped a 14-year-old girl he'd taken for a rape evaluation. The allegations against Rodney Vicknair are detailed in a lawsuit by the teen's mother, which says that Vicknair was the police officer dispatched...
LaBeouf Denies Abuse Claims,
Is Said to Be in Treatment
Feb 11, 2021 10:15 AM CST
LaBeouf Denies Abuse Claims, Is Said to Be in Treatment
He's seeking compensation from ex-girlfriend FKA Twigs
- Lawyers for Shia LaBeouf have responded to his ex-girlfriend FKA Twigs' claims of abuse by denying every single one. In documents filed this week, lawyers say the 34-year-old actor "denies, generally and specifically, each and every allegation contained" in the lawsuit that 33-year-old Twigs filed against LaBeouf in December,...
Guy Who Smacked
on Live TV
Faces the Music
Sep 2, 2020 8:45 AM CDT
Guy Who Smacked Reporter's Butt on Live TV Faces the Music
Thomas Callaway pleads guilty to sexual battery, gets hit with $1K fine, year of probation
- A Georgia man who was seen slapping a female reporter's rear on live TV pleaded guilty Tuesday to a misdemeanor charge of sexual battery. Thomas Callaway, 44, was arrested and charged in December after he was caught on camera swatting the rear end of WSAV-TV reporter Alex Bozarjian as...
to Weinstein Case
Apr 10, 2020 4:23 PM CDT
Prosecutors Add Felony Charge to Weinstein Case
California officials say they'll keep adding counts if new allegations surface
- Los Angeles County prosecutors have added another charge, felony sexual battery by restraint, to their case against Harvey Weinstein. They said the charge involves a 2010 attack at a Beverly Hills hotel, NBC reports. The victim had been interviewed last year, prosecutors said, and provided information in March confirming that...
Man Accused of
Is Charged With
Dec 14, 2019 6:30 AM CST
Man Accused of Groping Reporter Is Charged With Sexual Battery
Thomas Callaway accused of touching Georgia reporter Alex Bozarjian during live TV broadcast
- A Georgia man says he got "caught up in the moment" as he ran a road race last weekend, but a local TV reporter has now filed a criminal complaint against him. WSAV's Alex Bozarjian was working a live broadcast last Saturday on Savannah's Talmadge Bridge during...
In Minutes, Jury Convicts Man
of Florida Girl's Murder, Rape
Feb 15, 2018 7:24 PM CST
In Minutes, Jury Convicts Man of Florida Girl's Murder, Rape
Donald Smith posed as good Samaritan for poor family to get close to Cherish Perrywinkle, 8
- It took less than 15 minutes Wednesday for a Florida jury to convict a 61-year-old man of abducting, raping, and murdering an 8-year-old girl, the AP reports. The Jacksonville courtroom had just gone into recess after the judge read instructions to the jurors when everyone quickly returned. A decision was...
to Speak Up.
One Named Him
Jan 16, 2018 12:45 PM CST
Seal Told Women to Speak Up. One Named Him
Singer 'vehemently denies' allegations of sexual battery made by actress
- This probably isn't what Seal had in mind when he encouraged sexual abuse victims to speak out in a Thursday Facebook video . After seeing the video, actress Tracey Birdsall tells TMZ she was inspired to tell her own story of assault involving the "Kiss From A Rose" singer....
Feb 16, 2017 10:33 AM CST
Mike Comrie Investigated for Sexual Battery
Hilary Duff's ex-husband allegedly says sex was consensual
- Hilary Duff's ex-husband is being investigated for alleged sexual battery, the LAPD confirms to
. Police did not give any further details, but TMZ , which first reported the story Wednesday, says Comrie met up with a woman, whom he's known for a long time, at a bar Saturday...
Jan 21, 2013 9:00 AM CST
Star Sued for Sexual Battery
Mark Salling's ex-girlfriend says he forced her to have sex without condom
- The ex-girlfriend of
star Mark Salling says he forced her to have sex without a condom, and now she's suing him for sexual battery. Roxanne Gorzela says in her lawsuit that she started dating Salling in September 2010, and that by March 2011 she had agreed to sexual...
Popular on Newser
On Roe v. Wade, Federal Judge Sees a 'Loophole'
Shots Fired as Intruder Breaches Home of Air Force One
Harry Styles' Grammys Speech Caused Mass Bewilderment
Police: Fentanyl Killing Teens May Have Come From One Home
Biden Has 'Impossible Speech' to Give
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.