Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 2,629,370+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Stories 1 - 20 |
Netflix Is Making a Series on Kaepernick's Early Life
6-part series will focus on his high school years
- A new Netflix series will look at the experiences that made civil rights activist Colin Kaepernick the man he is today. The six-part Netflix series
Colin in Black & White
will focus on the NFL quarterback's high school years and his life as an African-American child adopted by a...
Protesters Just Got 'Substantial' Boost From Colin Kaepernick
NFL free agent's charity to help pay legal costs for those who broke curfew in Minnesota, elsewhere
- Soon after protests over the killing of George Floyd started sweeping the nation, Colin Kaepernick set up the Know Your Rights Camp Legal Defense Initiative , via his charity , to coordinate "with top defense lawyers and civil rights lawyers nationwide to provide legal resources for those in need." Now,...
Goodell Finally Brings Up the Elephant in the Room
NFL commissioner says 'I welcome' a team signing Colin Kaepernick
- Some people weren't thrilled that Roger Goodell's recent statement condemning racism and police brutality never brought up Colin Kaepernick, the quarterback who started that conversation in the NFL by kneeling as the national anthem played before games. Finally, Goodell is directly addressing the man whose name he neglected...
US Soccer Drops Rule Against Kneeling
Megan Rapinoe had followed the NFL's Colin Kaepernick in protest
- US Soccer's board of directors has voted to repeal a policy that required national team players to stand during the national anthem, a rule adopted after Megan Rapinoe kneeled in support of Colin Kaepernick. The board made the decision during a conference call, US Soccer announced Wednesday. Policy 604-1...
Players Asked NFL to Speak Up. They Got Their Wish
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell condemns racism, police brutality—but no mention of Kap
- The ripple effects of the protests for George Floyd have made their way to the NFL. On Thursday, a roster of top players, including the Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes and the Texans' Deshaun Watson, made a short video imploring the league to speak up on racism and police brutality. On Friday,...
Co-Founder Leaves Reddit Board, for 'Family and Country'
Alexis Ohanian says he thinking of what he'll someday tell his daughter
- Fifteen years after co-founding Reddit, Alexis Ohanian made announcements Friday that he said were long overdue. He resigned from the company's board, KNTV reports, and told Reddit that his successor should be a black person. "I'm doing this for me, for my family, and for my country,...
Drew Brees Apologizes Yet Again
New Orleans Saints quarterback still under fire after his first apology
- Drew Brees' first apology didn't go over well with everyone , and now the New Orleans Saints quarterback is trying again. "I know there’s not much that I can say that would make things any better right now, but I just want you to see in my eyes...
Reaction to Goodell's Take on George Floyd: 'Save the Bulls---'
Considering what happened with Colin Kaepernick, people aren't having commissioner's statement
- The NFL commissioner vowed over the weekend to work on the "systemic issues" driving people to demonstrate over George Floyd's death and that of other black Americans, but it didn't go over too well. In a statement posted Saturday, Roger Goodell offered his condolences to the Floyd...
LeBron Posts Photo of Kaepernick: 'Do You Understand NOW?'
Star responds to death of George Floyd
- Thousands of people in Minneapolis protested the death of George Floyd in police custody Tuesday night—and sports stars including LeBron James expressed their anger on social media. On Instagram , James posted an image of a white police officer kneeling on Floyd's neck next to an image of former...
Kaepernick Still Wants to Play. In the Meantime, a Memoir
Book will be released via his newly launched Kaepernick Publishing company
- Colin Kaepernick still hasn't found a new home within the NFL, but that doesn't mean he's been sitting home twiddling his thumbs. The in-limbo quarterback announced on Thursday what's next on his plate: He's launching a new publishing company, Kaepernick Publishing, and will be releasing...
Fox Accused of Scuttling Super Bowl Commercial
PETA had it made as a call against 'speciesism'
- PETA says its Colin Kaepernick-themed ad for the Super Bowl is getting a frosty reception over at Fox and might not air at all, TMZ reports. The animal rights group's ad calls for an end to speciesism—in their words, to "challenge people to expand their concept of...
Kaepernick Finally Lands a (Massively) Scoring Gig
His Nike sneakers with a message sell out in a day
- Colin Kaepernick hasn't played in the NFL since Barack Obama was president, but he is still a massive hit with Nike customers. The company's " Air Force 1 x Colin Kaepernick " shoe quickly sold out online after hitting the market Monday, though some stores might still have...
Report: No NFL Offers for Kaepernick After Workout
But he still accomplished his goal, allies say
- Free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick's workout for NFL team representatives did not go smoothly —and insiders say it didn't bring him any closer to returning to the league. A source tells NBC Sports that the 32-year-old has not been contacted by any team with an offer of a...
Kaepernick Workout Doesn't Go So Smoothly
The ex-San Francisco 49ers quarterback changed venues at the last minute
- Colin Kaepernick's much-publicized workout for at least 10 NFL teams ran into trouble Saturday and nearly didn't happen, TMZ reports. The quarterback-turned-activist had a noon workout scheduled at the Atlanta Falcons facility in Flowery Branch, Georgia, but his reps said the NFL asked him to sign an "...
Report: At Least 10 Teams Will Attend Kaepernick Workout
But head coaches are unlikely to appear at Saturday workout
- Colin Kaepernick says he's been ready to return to the NFL for three years—and he may be getting a chance soon. A league source tells CNN that at least 10 teams have expressed an interest in sending personnel to watch the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback's private...
Kaepernick Gets an NFL Invite, but Some Are Skeptical
All teams are invited to watch free agent at private workout on Saturday, but conditions give pause
- Will Colin Kaepernick soon be back in the game? ESPN got its hands on an NFL memo Tuesday inviting all 32 teams to attend a private workout for the out-of-work quarterback this Saturday in Atlanta, an event that will offer an interview with the 32-year-old and a chance to see...
Rihanna Explains the Thing She 'Couldn't Dare Do'
It relates to the Super Bowl
- Maroon 5 rocked the stage at Super Bowl LIII, but only after other performers refused the gig with Colin Kaepernick in mind. Rihanna was one of them and, months later, she has no regrets. "I couldn’t dare do that. For what? Who gains from that? Not my people,...
Colin Kaepernick's GF on Jay-Z's NFL Deal: 'Disgusting'
'Disgusting and disappointing,' says radio DJ Nessa
- Jay-Z's Roc Nation announced a huge deal this week with the NFL, a "long-term partnership" in which the rapper's company will be taking on the role of "official live music entertainment strategists," offering advice on Super Bowl performances and working on "the production and...
Arizona Makes a Move Against Nike Over Axed Flag Sneakers
The company is facing a backlash after pulling the shoe at Colin Kaepernick's urging
- An uproar quickly sprang up following Nike's decision to pull a planned patriotic shoe days before the 4th of July. The shoe featured the "Betsy Ross flag," which has a circle of 13 stars to represent the 13 colonies, and Colin Kaepernick reportedly urged the sportswear company...
Report: After Kaepernick Complaint, Nike Pulls 'Betsy Ross' Shoe
Company yanks shoe that featured an early version of the American flag
- A patriotic sneaker featuring an early version of the American flag has been abruptly pulled by Nike just days before the Fourth of July—and sources say Colin Kaepernick helped persuade the company to change course. Insiders tell the
Wall Street Journal
that the former 49ers quarterback, who is one...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Guy With COVID-19 Admits His 'Stupidity,' Dies the Next Day
Fort Hood Soldier Kills Himself After Remains Found
Fox Anchor Out Amid Sexual Misconduct Accusations
Doomed Groom May Have Infected 100 at His Wedding
In This State, the Party's Over
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.