Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Oct 29, 2021 2:11 AM CDT
Internet Not Impressed With Lori Loughlin's Good Deed
Actress paid for 2 students to attend college
- In addition to her prison sentence, probation, community service, and fines, Lori Loughlin made amends following her participation in the college admissions bribery scandal in another way: She paid the way through college for two students, a source tells
. The private arrangement between the actress and the students cost...
Lori Loughlin Returns to TV
Sep 28, 2021 4:18 PM CDT
Lori Loughlin Returns to TV
Actress to reprise role she had before college admissions scandal
- With her prison term completed and her daughter already appearing on TV, Lori Loughlin is planning an acting comeback. She'll be featured in
When Hope Calls: A Country Christmas
, scheduled for Dec. 18 on a new network, GAC Family, Deadline reports. Loughlin will again play the Hallmark character Abigail...
Lori Loughlin's Husband
Is Out of Prison, Too
Apr 3, 2021 12:19 PM CDT
Lori Loughlin's Husband Is Out of Prison, Too
Mossimo Giannulli reports to a halfway house to finish college bribery sentence
- Fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli has been released from a California prison and is at a halfway house outside Los Angeles following his imprisonment for his role in a college admissions bribery scheme , per the AP . Giannulli, 57, is married to former
star Lori Loughlin. They pleaded guilty last...
Lori Loughlin Is
Released From Prison
Dec 28, 2020 9:00 AM CST
Lori Loughlin Is Released From Prison
She served nearly 2 months in college bribery scandal
- Lori Loughlin is a free woman again. The
actress was released from a federal prison in California on Monday after serving nearly two months in the college admissions bribery scandal , reports
. Her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, is scheduled to be released in April after his own...
With Her Parents in Prison,
Olivia Jade Opens Up
Dec 8, 2020 1:45 PM CST
With Her Parents in Prison, Olivia Jade Opens Up
'We messed up,' she says of herself and parents Lori Loughlin, Mossimo Giannulli
- Olivia Jade Giannulli appeared on Jada Pinkett Smith's Facebook Watch show Red Table Talk Tuesday in hopes of "leav[ing] it on the table." It being her family's part in the college admissions scandal, a role that earned parents Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli prison time.
What Lori Loughlin's
Prison Day Is Like
Nov 5, 2020 6:27 AM CST
What Lori Loughlin's Prison Day Is Like
One report says 'Full House' actress is 'a wreck'; another report says that's an exaggeration
- Hoping to have a fresh start by 2021, Lori Loughlin reported early last week to start her two-month prison sentence for her role in the college admissions bribery scandal . Varying reports are now emerging on how she's doing on the inside, with one source telling
Starts Her Sentence Early
Oct 30, 2020 1:51 PM CDT
Inmate 77827-112 Starts Her Sentence Early
Lori Loughlin reports for two-month sentence in college admissions scandal
- Lori Loughlin, inmate 77827-112, has begun serving her two-month prison sentence in the college admissions bribery scandal. The
actress, who wasn't due at the federal prison in Dublin, California, until Nov. 19, turned herself in Friday, NBC News reports. Her term is to begin with a coronavirus...
Lori Loughlin Sentenced
to Prison in College Scam
Aug 21, 2020 1:52 PM CDT
Lori Loughlin Sentenced to Prison in College Scam
She will serve 2 months, and husband Mossimo Giannulli will serve 5 months
- Aunt Becky is going to prison, though only for 2 months. Actress Lori Loughlin of
fame received the sentence Friday over her role in the college admissions scam , reports the AP . Prior to her sentencing, husband Mossimo Giannulli, a clothing designer, received a sentence of 5 months, per...
A 'Brutal Loss' for
Loughlin on House Sale
Jul 14, 2020 9:49 AM CDT
A 'Brutal Loss' for Loughlin on House Sale
'Full House' star, husband wanted $28.7M for Bel Air mansion, reportedly got just $18M
- A Tinder co-founder has swiped right on Lori Loughlin's Bel Air mansion, but reportedly not for what she and husband Mossimo Giannulli hoped to get for it. The couple, now awaiting sentencing in the college admissions bribery scandal , originally listed the 12,000-square-foot, seven-bedroom home for $35 million, though...
Hey, Where's Aunt Becky?
Has an Answer
Jun 2, 2020 12:23 PM CDT
Hey, Where's Aunt Becky?
Has an Answer
She's in Nebraska, helping mom
- Quick, one of the actresses in your TV show is AWOL because of legal trouble, and there are nine episodes to go. How to address the absence? As
notes, the writers of
settled their Lori Loughlin predicament with little fuss. The newspaper flags this scene between...
Waits for Judge
to Decide on
May 22, 2020 4:34 PM CDT
Lori Loughlin Waits for Judge to Decide on Guilty Pleas
After more than a year of denials, couple drops claims of innocence in admissions scam
- Lori Loughlin and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, became the 24th and 25th parents to plead guilty in the college admissions scandal on Friday, but their pleas aren't official yet. A judge in Massachusetts told the actress and the fashion designer that he can't accept their pleas until he'...
Lori Loughlin to Plead Guilty,
Serve Time Behind Bars
May 21, 2020 9:01 AM CDT
Lori Loughlin to Plead Guilty, Serve Time Behind Bars
'Full House' star's husband, Mossimo Giannulli, will also plead guilty
- For more than a year, it looked like Lori Loughlin would fight the charges against her in the college admissions bribery scandal. Apparently, she's changed her mind: Per the
Los Angeles Times
and ABC News , the 55-year-old
actress and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, will plead guilty to...
Judge Passes on Dismissing
Charges Against Loughlin
May 8, 2020 4:20 PM CDT
Judge Passes on Dismissing Charges Against Loughlin
Defense had argued misconduct by FBI agents
- A judge declined Friday to dismiss charges against actress Lori Loughlin, her fashion designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, and other prominent parents accused of cheating the college admissions process who argue they were entrapped by federal authorities. US District Judge Nathaniel Gorton rejected the defense's bid to toss the indictment...
Judge in Loughlin
Apr 18, 2020 8:15 AM CDT
Judge in Loughlin Case: 'Disturbing' Defense Allegations
Federal judge wants more info from prosecutors on claims FBI investigators asked Rick Singer to lie
- Lori Loughlin and other parents involved in the college admissions bribery scandal have been trying to get charges against them dropped , claiming misconduct by FBI investigators, and a federal judge now wants more information from prosecutors, calling the allegations "serious and disturbing." Defense attorneys say that Loughlin and...
It's Time to Toss Charges
Mar 26, 2020 12:20 PM CDT
Lori Loughlin: It's Time to Toss Charges
She and other accused parents say ringleader's notes prove they're innocent
- As of now, Lori Loughlin and her husband are scheduled to go on trial in October in the college admissions scandal . But on Wednesday night in Boston, Loughlin and other accused parents asked a judge to dismiss the charges against them, reports the
Los Angeles Times
. The request revolves around...
Lawyers: 'Devastating' New
Evidence in Loughlin Case
Feb 27, 2020 7:40 AM CST
Lawyers: 'Devastating' New Evidence in Loughlin Case
Notes turned over by prosecution prove her innocence, defense team says
- Lawyers for
actress Lori Loughlin and her fashion designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, said Wednesday that new evidence shows the couple is innocent of charges that they bribed their daughters' way into the University of Southern California. An attorney for the couple said in a legal filing that prosecutors...
Here's Lori Loughlin's Kid's
Alleged Fake Crew Resume
Feb 10, 2020 5:35 PM CST
Here's Lori Loughlin's Kid's Alleged Fake Crew Resume
Prosecutors release it in response to a filing from Loughlin, Giannulli
- Prosecutors have released the fake crew resume allegedly used by Lori Loughlin and husband Mossimo Giannulli to get their daughter Olivia Jade Giannulli into USC, reports the
, which has the document in full here . Per CNN , it lists Olivia Jade, now 20, as the winner of two gold...
Jan 16, 2020 10:40 AM CST
She Investigated Admissions Fraud While Allegedly Taking Part
Prosecutors share emails between Mossimo Giannulli and scheme mastermind
- An athletic department administrator asked to investigate puzzling recruitment decisions at the University of Southern California a year before the admissions scandal broke was herself taking part in the fraud, according to new court documents. In March 2018, a USC official asked Donna Heinel to look into three students—Lori...
Loughlin Gets 'Worst'
Advice From Prison Coach
Jan 4, 2020 10:01 AM CST
Loughlin Gets 'Worst' Advice From Prison Coach
The 'Fuller House' actor is learning about survival behind bars, in case she's found guilty
- Facing a stint in the big house? You might want to learn the ropes first. That's what Lori Loughlin is thinking, based on two reports about expert advice she's getting on prison survival—including a few martial-arts techniques. "She has someone who is advising her what to...
Loughlin Claims Prosecutors
Are Concealing Evidence
Dec 16, 2019 3:48 AM CST
Loughlin Claims Prosecutors Are Concealing Evidence
Lawyers say couple did not know payments would be used to bribe college officials
- While some celebrity parents have pleaded guilty in the college admissions bribery scandal, Lori Loughlin and husband Mossimo Gianulli are fighting the charges —and they say prosecutors are concealing evidence that could help clear them. In a court filing Friday, the couple accused federal prosecutors of refusing to turn...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Oprah on Beverly Hills Murder: 'World Is Upside Down'
Sheriff: Church Musician Killed His Family, Then Called Cops
'The Big Ragoo' Has Died at 69
In Case of Surgeon With Omicron, Cause for Optimism
Suspect in Christmas Parade Tragedy Talks to Fox News
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.