Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Lil Nas X
Lil Nas X
Aug 2, 2021 2:38 AM CDT
Lil Nas X Thanks Devoted YouTube Haters
For first time, he has a video with 1M dislikes
- "thank u to everyone who made this possible. i am nothing without you guys lack of support." That's the word from notoriously sassy rapper Lil Nas X, who posted a celebratory tweet to commemorate the day one of his videos broke one million dislikes on YouTube for...
Nike Reaches Settlement
in 'Satan Shoes' Suit
Apr 9, 2021 7:35 AM CDT
Nike Reaches Settlement in 'Satan Shoes' Suit
Voluntary recall issued for 'unauthorized' shoes
- A voluntary recall has been issued for the " Satan Shoes " rapper Lil Nas X and streetwear company MSCHF released last month—though since the limited-edition shoes are being sold for up to $15,000 on eBay, few buyers are likely to seek the $1,018 refund. Nike sued...
Thanks to Lawsuit, Just 665
Pairs of 'Satan Shoes' Shipped
Apr 2, 2021 1:29 AM CDT
Thanks to Lawsuit, Just 665 Pairs of 'Satan Shoes' Shipped
MSCHF drops plans to give away 666th pair due to Nike lawsuit
- Fortunately for the 665 people who paid $1,018 each for a pair of "Satan Shoes," MSCHF had already shipped out their orders before Nike filed its lawsuit against the company . Of course, 666 pairs of the controversial shoes—modified Nikes on which MSCHF collaborated with rapper Lil...
Nike Sues Over
Lil Nas X
Mar 30, 2021 12:59 AM CDT
Nike Sues Over Lil Nas X 'Satan Shoes'
Company says only it can decide where the 'swoosh' goes
- First, Nike made it clear it had nothing to do with Lil Nas X's "Satan Shoes," the modified Nike Air Max 97s that sold out in less than one minute when 666 pairs went on sale Monday for $1,018 each. Now, the company is taking things...
Lil Nas X 'Apologizes'
for Satan Shoe Stunt
Mar 29, 2021 2:30 AM CDT
Lil Nas X 'Apologizes' for Satan Shoe Stunt
Except, not really
- Lil Nas X is apologizing after his "Satan Shoes" created an uproar—oh, wait, no, he isn't. The rapper got both himself and Nike in hot water after announcing a collaboration with streetwear company MSCHF on the aforementioned shoes, apparently modified Nike Air Max 97s, which will be...
John Legend at
'This Is for Chrissy'
Oct 15, 2020 6:38 AM CDT
John Legend at Billboard Awards: 'This Is for Chrissy'
Emotional performance came amid calls to vote, big wins for Post Malone
- Walking into the show with 16 nominations, Post Malone won nine honors at the 2020 Billboard Music Awards, where John Legend gave a heartfelt performance that was dedicated to his wife. From the piano, Legend told viewers "this is for Chrissy" before singing "Never Break," which includes...
Facebook Has Something
for the Class of 2020
May 1, 2020 8:43 AM CDT
Facebook Has Something for the Class of 2020
A commencement address from Oprah Winfrey on May 15
- This year, a commencement speaker will address all high school and college graduates across the country, and that speaker is Oprah Winfrey. Facebook has recruited the 66-year-old talk show host to give a virtual commencement address to be streamed on the social network at 2pm EST on May 15, reports...
Diverse Grammy Noms
Nov 20, 2019 10:30 AM CST
Newcomers Dominate Diverse Grammy Noms
Lizzo leads with 8, followed by Lil Nas X and Billie Eilish with 6
- The 2020 Grammy nominations are out, and there are plenty of surprises. Bruce Springsteen and Halsey were ignored altogether, per
. Ten-time winner Taylor Swift nabbed three nods but was snubbed for record of the year and album of the year in what the
Los Angeles Times
'Old Town Road' a Little Too
Popular in Boston Suburb
Aug 12, 2019 7:42 AM CDT
'Old Town Road' a Little Too Popular in Boston Suburb
People keep taking the street signs in Wellesley, Mass.
- "Old Town Road" remains a hugely popular song. Just ask people trying to get to the real Old Town Road in Wellesley, Mass. They might have a little difficulty because fans of Lil Nas X keep stealing the street signs, reports MassLive . Thieves have grabbed the signs from both...
Lil Nas X Says
He'll Send Mariah
Jul 30, 2019 1:03 AM CDT
Lil Nas X Says He'll Send Mariah Flowers After This Milestone
'Old Town Road' breaks record for most weeks at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100
- Lil Nas X might be sending Mariah Carey flowers—because he just beat a record she'd held since the 1990s. The rapper's "Old Town Road," featuring Billy Ray Cyrus, has now spent 17 weeks in the Billboard Hot 100's top spot , the only song ever...
Lil Nas X
Jul 1, 2019 11:38 AM CDT
Lil Nas X May Have Come Out
Rapper issues a series of tweets on the matter
- On the last day of Pride Month, rapper Lil Nas X, who shot to fame with the viral hit "Old Town Road," appears to have revealed that he is a member of the LGBT community. "some of y’all already know, some of y’all don’t...
How 'Old Town Road'
Sparked a Boy's 'Miracle'
Jun 9, 2019 4:35 PM CDT
How 'Old Town Road' Sparked a Boy's 'Miracle'
Minnesota mom Sheletta Brundidge couldn't believe it
- "I was crying so hard that tears were dropping on his head. I was like, 'This is the beginning. This is the light!'" So says a Minnesota mom after the hit song "Old Town Road" appeared to transform the life of her autistic son Daniel,...
Hip-Hop Artist's Song Got
Rejected. Enter Billy Ray Cyrus
Apr 6, 2019 10:45 AM CDT
Hip-Hop Artist's Song Got Rejected. Enter Billy Ray Cyrus
Lil Nas X releases a remix of "Old Town Road"
- Lil Nas X seems to be asking, Am I country enough now? The Atlanta hip-hop artist just released a remix of his rappy cowboy song "Old Town Road" with Billy Ray Cyrus as guest vocalist—after Billboard kicked the original Cyrus-less version off its country chart , the
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
'Stealth Omicron' Has Arrived in the US
In This City, a US First on Gun Ownership
After 6 Years in Jail for Staying Mum on Gold, a New Roadblock
Melania Trump's Hat 'Collateral Damage' of Crypto Crash
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.