The 2020 Grammy nominations are out, and there are plenty of surprises. Bruce Springsteen and Halsey were ignored altogether, per USA Today. Ten-time winner Taylor Swift nabbed three nods but was snubbed for record of the year and album of the year in what the Los Angeles Times describes as "quite the shocker." Beyonce's Homecoming: The Live Album also failed to be recognized in the album of the year category, which is dominated by newcomers. Indeed, Lizzo—leading the pack with eight nominations—earned nods in all four major categories, as did Billie Eilish, who's tied with Lil Nas X for the second-most nominations at six. Some big categories:
- Album of the year: I,I, Bon Iver; Norman F***ing Rockwell!, Lana Del Rey; When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?, Billie Eilish; Thank U, Next, Ariana Grande; I Used to Know Her, H.E.R.; 7, Lil Nas X; Cuz I Love You (Deluxe), Lizzo; Father of the Bride, Vampire Weekend.
- Record of the year: "Hey, Ma," Bon Iver; "Bad Guy," Billie Eilish; "7 Rings," Ariana Grande; "Hard Place," H.E.R.; "Talk," Khalid; "Old Town Road," Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus; "Truth Hurts," Lizzo; "Sunflower," Post Malone and Swae Lee.
- Best new artist: Black Pumas; Billie Eilish; Lil Nas X; Lizzo; Maggie Rogers; Rosalia; Tank and the Bangas; Yola.
- Best pop solo performance: "Spirit," Beyonce; "Bad Guy," Billie Eilish; "7 Rings," Ariana Grande; "Truth Hurts," Lizzo; "You Need to Calm Down," Taylor Swift.
- Best pop vocal album: The Lion King: The Gift, Beyonce; When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?, Billie Eilish; Thank U, Next, Ariana Grande; No. 6 Collaborations Project, Ed Sheeran; Lover, Taylor Swift.
- Best rock album: Amo, Bring Me the Horizon; Social Cues, Cage the Elephant; In the End, The Cranberries; Trauma, I Prevail; Feral Roots, Rival Sons.
- Best alternative music album: U.F.O.F., Big Thief; Assume Form, James Blake; I,I, Bon Iver; Father of the Bride, Vampire Weekend; Anima, Thom Yorke.
- Best rap album: Revenge of the Dreamers III, Dreamville; Championships, Meek Mill; I Am > I Was, 21 Savage; Igor, Tyler, The Creator; The Lost Boy, YBN Cordae.
- Best country album: Desperate Man, Eric Church; Stronger Than the Truth, Reba McEntire; Interstate Gospel, Pistol Annies; Center Point Road, Thomas Rhett; While I'm Livin', Tanya Tucker.
See more nominations here
. (Read more Grammys