Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Nov 2, 2021 11:47 AM CDT
Josh Hawley Starts Debate on Manhood
Senator says liberals are turning young men into pathetic creatures hooked on porn, video games
- Conservative Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri opened a fresh battle in the culture wars with a defense of masculinity, arguing that the left is turning young men into wimpy creatures addicted to porn and video games. That, in turn, triggered a backlash against the 41-year-old. Coverage:
Only One Senator Voted No
on Anti-Asian Hate Crime Bill
Apr 23, 2021 7:46 AM CDT
Only One Senator Voted No on Anti-Asian Hate Crime Bill
Hawley says bill to combat anti-Asian attacks is 'overbroad'
- The Senate is usually split 50-50 between Democrats and Republicans, but in a rare moment of bipartisanship Thursday, it was split between Sen. Josh Hawley and everybody else. The Missouri Republican was the only senator who voted against a bill to combat the rise in hate crimes against Asian Americans....
Senate Passes Bill on
Anti-Asian Crimes, 94-1
Apr 22, 2021 3:34 PM CDT
Senate Passes Bill on Anti-Asian Crimes, 94-1
Missouri's Josh Hawley is the lone nay vote
- The Senate overwhelmingly approved legislation Thursday intended to counter violence against Asian Americans, which has increased during the pandemic. Majority Leader Charles Schumer said passage sends a message to Asian Americans that the government is listening and reassures them that "hate crimes will not be tolerated." The bill...
Josh Hawley's 8th-Grade
Yearbook Had Telling Signature
Jan 25, 2021 10:30 AM CST
Josh Hawley's 8th-Grade Yearbook Had Telling Signature
'Josh Hawley, president 2024'
- Josh Hawley has been roundly condemned by Democrats in the wake of the Capitol riot because of his prominent role in backing former President Trump's election challenge. On Monday, however, the Missouri senator fought back in two notable ways. He scored the cover of the right-leaning
New York Post
Hawley and Cruz Face
Jan 21, 2021 6:51 PM CST
Hawley and Cruz Face Ethics Complaint
Democrats ask whether the two senators worked with rally organizers before Capitol attack
- Republican Sens. Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz face an ethics investigation over their roles in fighting the certification of President Biden's electoral victory and the Jan. 6 rally that turned into an attack on the US Capitol. "By proceeding with their objections to the electors after the violent...
GOP Senator Holds Up
Confirmation of DHS Nominee
Jan 19, 2021 5:02 PM CST
GOP Senator Holds Up Confirmation of DHS Nominee
Hawley says Mayorkas wouldn't commit to spending $1.4B on border wall
- President-elect Joe Biden’s hopes of quick confirmation of his nominee to lead the Department of Homeland Security have been blocked by a Republican senator. Sen. Josh Hawley said Tuesday that he would block a procedural move to bypass full committee consideration of the nomination of Alejandro Mayorkas to lead...
Hawley Takes Another Hit
Jan 17, 2021 10:30 AM CST
Hawley Takes Another Hit
Hotel cancels fundraiser planned for Florida
- After losing a book deal and political contributions, Sen. Josh Hawley has now had the rug pulled out from a fundraiser over his support for overturning the results of the presidential election. Loews Hotels said Saturday that it has canceled the event planned for next month at its Portofino Bay...
Jan 8, 2021 6:29 AM CST
Josh Hawley Fumes After Losing His Book Deal
Senator is under scrutiny after Wednesday's violence at the Capitol
- Sen. Josh Hawley is being blamed by many for encouraging the storming of the US Capitol by a violent mob Wednesday—and now he's lost his book deal as a result. "We did not come to this decision lightly," publisher Simon & Schuster said in a statement...
Let the Blame Game Begin
Jan 7, 2021 7:54 AM CST
Let the Blame Game Begin
Sens. Hawley, Cruz accused of spurring Wednesday's violence, along with Trump
- Lots of people are laying blame for Wednesday's violence at the Capitol on President Trump. But the
Kansas City Star
editorial board points to another Republican: Missouri Sen. Josh Hawley. The 41-year-old senator elected in 2018 "deserves an impressive share of the blame for the blood that's...
Mistaken Tweet Spurs Online
Tiff Between Walmart, Senator
Dec 31, 2020 8:00 AM CST
Mistaken Tweet Spurs Online Tiff Between Walmart, Senator
Retailer says snarky post to Josh Hawley tweeted in error by social media team member
- Everyone from Democrats to Mitch McConnell likely aren't happy with GOP Sen. Josh Hawley's announcement that he'll be challenging the certification of Joe Biden's electoral win in Congress on Jan. 6. Walmart, apparently inadvertently, added itself to that list. Politico notes that after Hawley announced his...
Trump Makes Abrupt
Change to NYE Plans
Dec 31, 2020 6:08 AM CST
Trump Makes Abrupt Change to NYE Plans
No official explanation has been given why president, first lady are heading back to DC
- Usually on the morning of Dec. 31, President Trump and first lady Melania Trump are prepping for their annual New Year's Eve bash at Mar-a-Lago. This year, however, there's been a change of plans. Per Fox News , the White House on Wednesday evening suddenly released a schedule showing...
GOP Senator Will Force
Vote on Certifying Results
Dec 30, 2020 12:09 PM CST
GOP Senator Will Force Vote on Certifying Results
Josh Hawley will object on Jan. 6
- House Republicans planning to raise objections when Congress meets to certify the election results have found their Senate dancing partner. Missouri Republican Sen. Josh Hawley has confirmed that he also plans to object during the chambers' joint meeting, meaning they will then separate to debate the results from at least...
'I'm Not Heartless'
Dec 19, 2020 6:30 AM CST
GOP Senator on Blocking Stimulus Checks: 'I'm Not Heartless'
Ron Johnson insists $1,200 checks aren't the way to go, would balloon national debt
- As the end of the year draws near, Capitol Hill is still wrangling with a new COVID relief plan—and this week, one GOP senator made clear his views on stimulus checks to Americans as part of that plan. The Hill reports that on Friday, Republican Sen. Josh Hawley of...
Popular on Newser
Singer's Decision to Catch COVID on Purpose Kills Her
Removal of Roosevelt Statue Begins
Alec Baldwin Sued by Family of Fallen Marine
Decrepit Zero-Bedroom Home Sells for 'Head-Scratcher' Price
FBI Searches Congressman's Home
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.