Teen Finds Finger in Arby's Sandwich

Worker had apparently injured herself on meat slicer
By Kate Seamons,  Newser Staff
Posted May 17, 2012 9:10 AM CDT
Teen Finds Finger in Arby's Sandwich
A sign is displayed outside of an Arby's restaurant.   (Getty Images)

Wendy's chili was proven to be finger-free, but it sounds like the same isn't true for Arby's roast beef. Michigan Live reports on the stomach-turning situation, in which a 14-year-old tasted something chewy in his sandwich on Friday. "I was like, 'that gots to be a finger,'" said Ryan Hart. So he spit out what appeared to be an inch-long fingertip, complete with finger pad and first knuckle. But don't be too quick to cry "scam!": Jackson police and the county's health department confirmed that an employee lost part of her finger on a meat slicer at that location.

What did the restaurant do when it learned of the "isolated and unfortunate accident"? Well it didn't close. But it did stop food production until everything could be sanitized. Ryan's mom is none too pleased. "Somebody loses a finger, and you keep sending food out the window?" she asks. As for Ryan, "He hasn’t been able to sleep very good. He's really worried lately and he doesn’t want to catch anything." She has, unsurprisingly, contacted a lawyer. (Read more Arby's stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.