JCPenney, drunk tweeter? Nah, it turns out the company's retail Twitter account was just pulling our collective leg—and attracting a little attention—by tweeting silly things, AdWeek reports. But it's kinda funny to see how the tweets drew the Doritos and Kia social media teams into taking potshots:
- JCPenney: Who kkmew theis was ghiong tob e a baweball ghamle. #lowsscorinh 5_0
- JCPenney: Toughdown Seadawks!! Is sSeattle going toa runaway wit h this???
- Kia: Hey @jcpenney need a designated driver?
- Doritos: Slow down, @jcpenney. Have some #Doritos .
- JCPenney: Oops...Sorry for the typos. We were #TweetingWithMittens . Wasn't it supposed to be colder? Enjoy the game! #GoTeamUSA.
Yes, it was all to promote mittens. Very clever, JCP. But they're not always so funny: The Twitter stunt comes right after the retailer raised prices just to lower them for Valentine's Day, reports Latin Times
. JCPenney has been accused of such "price anchoring" several times over the years. (Read more Twitter