Already done the all-star US cities like New York and LA? Try one of these underappreciated destinations from MSNBC:
- Baltimore: Bag some blue crab in the Inner Harbor and check out 300 years of history.
- Fort Lauderdale: Take advantage of great shopping and awesome upscale beaches.
- Houston: No problem, just vibrant performing arts and NASA’s space center.
- Kansas City: Just jazz, blues, and great barbecue.
- Louisville: Check out the Derby, the Slugger, and don't forget the mint juleps
- Minneapolis: An architectural renaissance in the Midwest.
- Pittsburgh: What steel? Try a downtown bursting with nightlife and museums.
- Portland: Think art and breweries plus tax-free shopping.
- Providence: Reclaiming a neglected downtown and gondolas on the river.
- Sacramento: A foodie paradise with bike paths and wineries.
(Read more Baltimore