We haven't seen this many rave reviews since Mad Men went off the air. Samsung's new smartphone, the Galaxy Note7, goes on sale Friday, and tech people are already drooling. Fortunately, the Note7 is waterproof.
- A "devout iPhone user" at Mashable calls the Note7 "the best smartphone money can buy" and "the most impressive smartphone ever created."
- Business Insider explains how Samsung's Note phones have gone from terrible to "the most beautiful phone I've ever used" in just a few years.
- Despite having largely the same specs as other top-of-the-line phones, the Next Web says the Note7 is "possibly the most well-rounded, productive, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink smartphone ever made."
- The Wall Street Journal reports the Note7 is worth the hefty $850 price tag as long you plan on using the included stylus, which you absolutely should because it allows you to operate the phone underwater.
- For people who like their raves in numerical form, the Note7 received ratings of 9 out of 10 and 4.5 out of 5 from CNET.
- Wired lists some of the Note7's many selling points, including an "absurdly good camera," all-time great display, "peppy performance," and eye-scanning technology that allows it to be unlocked just by looking at it.
- Finally, the Note7 is the first big phone that "feels like a device that was designed to be a big phone from the beginning" and not just a stretched-out smaller phone, according to the Verge.
(Read more smartphones