If you're looking to raise a family in the US, WalletHub has ranked all 50 states and the District of Columbia based on how family-friendly they are. The site looked at 40 variables including median family salary, unemployment rate, and how affordable housing is. The top 10 best states to raise a family:
- North Dakota: It ranked 2nd socioeconomically, but 13th on "family fun."
- New Hampshire: 3rd socioeconomically, 12th on affordability.
- Vermont: 1st on health and safety, 2nd on education and childcare—but 15th and 16th, respectively, on affordability and socioeconomics.
- Minnesota: 2nd on affordability, but 30th on family fun.
- Nebraska: 5th on family fun, affordability, and socioeconomics.
- Massachusetts: 2nd on health and safety, but 22nd on socioeconomics.
- New Jersey: 1st on education and childcare, but 26th on family fun.
- Iowa: 1st on affordability, and in the top 15 for all areas.
- Connecticut: 3rd on health and safety, but 34th on socioeconomics.
- South Dakota: 1st on family fun, but 30th on education and childcare.
Click for the complete list and full rankings
. (Read more lists