X

Puzder Withdraws His Nomination as Labor Secretary

His confirmation hearing had been scheduled for Thursday
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted Feb 15, 2017 3:00 PM CST

(Newser) – Andrew Puzder says he is withdrawing as President Donald Trump's nominee for labor secretary. The fast food executive says in a statement provided to the AP that he was "honored to have been considered by President Donald Trump to lead the Department of Labor and put America's workers and businesses back on a path to sustainable prosperity." Puzder, CEO of CKE Restaurants Inc., says "while I won't be serving in the administration, I fully support the President and his highly qualified team." Puzder's confirmation hearing was scheduled for Thursday. But some Republicans had raised concerns about his failure to pay taxes for five years on a former housekeeper who wasn't authorized to work in the US. (And then there was this Oprah tape.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X