With the Senate impeachment trial down for a day, President Trump fired off a tweet that's making headlines. "Shifty Adam Schiff is a CORRUPT POLITICIAN, and probably a very sick man," he wrote Sunday about Rep. Adam Schiff, the trial's lead impeachment manager. "He has not paid the price, yet, for what he has done to our Country!" Naturally, Schiff was asked about it on NBC News' Meet the Press. "This is a wrathful and vindictive president; I don't think there's any doubt about it," he said, per the Washington Post. "And if you think there is, look at the president’s tweets about me today, saying that I should 'pay a price.'" Host Chuck Todd asked if it's a threat, and Schiff said, "I think it's intended to be." For more around the Sunday dial:
- Sen. James Lankford: "I don't think the president is trying to do a death threat here or do some sort of intimidation," the Republican said on CNN's State of the Union, per Mediaite.
- Alan Dershowitz: "Even if the factual allegations are true—which are highly disputed in which the defense team will show contrary evidence—but even if true, they did not allege impeachable offenses," said the Trump team lawyer on Fox News Sunday, per the Washington Times.
- Sen. Mike Braun: "Hopefully it will be instructive to where ... I think he'll put two and two together," the Indiana Republican said on Meet the Press about Trump's reaction to impeachment, per NBC News. "In this case, he was taken to the carpet."
- Rep. Zoe Lofgren: "I guess, in that sense, we did, because, if we had waited for three or four years, the election would be over," the California Democrat said on State of the Union, when asked whether Dems gave in to Trump stonewalling by not pursuing further testimony in court, per Politico. "The issue would be almost moot."
- Sen. Tom Cotton on Democrats: "They're not upset that they haven't had witnesses, they're upset that their witnesses haven’t said what they want them to say," the Arkansas Republican said on CBS' Face the Nation, per the Hill.
- More Schiff on Republicans: "I think they're deathly afraid of what witnesses will have to say, and so their whole strategy has been deprive the public of a fair trial," he said on Meet the Press, per the Guardian.
(Read more Trump impeachment