X

Teen Paralyzed by Tick Bite

Experts recommend frequent checks to stop toxin as quickly as possible
By Mary Papenfuss,  Newser User
Posted Jun 9, 2008 6:00 AM CDT

(Newser) – A 13-year-old Washington boy was temporarily paralyzed last week by a bite from a tick embedded in his hairline, the Seattle Times reports. Though extremely rare, such paralysis is a risk in Western states, where Rocky Mountain wood ticks and American dog ticks are most prevalent. A tick left untreated can result in death. Experts recommend frequent checks for ticks after time spent in grasslands or forests. (Read more Washington stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X