From fries drenched in salad dressing to cheeseburgers mashed between glazed donuts, Americans are not known for always possessing the most refined palettes. Minyanville takes a look at some of the worst offenders.
- The KFC Famous Bowl, described as tasting like “your nephew’s half-eaten dinner plate”, mixes fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cheese, and gravy into one concoction.
- Jamba Juice’s Chocolate Moo'd Power Smoothie packs the same amount of sugar as two pints of ice cream—a noted departure from the juice giant’s usual healthy fare.
- The In-N-Out Animal Style French Fries pile on cheese, onions, and thousand island dressing.
- Domino's Pasta Bowl features a giant serving of pasta stuffed into an entire loaf of bread.
- Jones Soda Holiday Drinks offer a taste bud-defying assortment of flavors such as “turkey and gravy.”
- Denny's Meat Lovers Scramble jams a 200% daily dose of both cholesterol and sodium into a heaping plate of fried breakfast.
- Long John Silver’s Langostino Lobster Bites are a big fried misnomer, using the meat of a crustacean similar to a hermit crab.
- Applebee's Nachos Nuevos fail to do any justice to the beloved Mexican appetizer.
- The Baskin Robbins Large Chocolate Oreo Shake is nothing if not convenient, cramming the caloric equivalent of 50 individual Oreos into a blended drink.
- The Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger eschews the traditional bun for a glazed donut, for those bored with their usual Big Mac.
(Read more KFC