Joran Van der Sloot has confessed—to one killing. But as more details in the Stephany Flores Ramirez case leak, new information regarding Natalee Holloway's disappearance may have come to light: Investigators in Aruba are searching near a bird sanctuary. More from the Daily Beast and the Telegraph:
- Van der Sloot may have bankrolled his trip to Peru using money he extorted from the Holloway family.
- Van der Sloot said he met Flores at a poker table; she was up, he was down.
- He discovered her using his computer after going out to get coffee in the early morning; according to a leaked police report, she was looking at a file filled with Holloway-related press clippings and legal documents.
- He allegedly threw Flores around a tiled room, bashed her head on a wooden bed frame, and battered her with a tennis racket.
- He had bloody clothes in his possession when he was arrested in Chile.
- He faces a maximum sentence of 35 years if convicted of Flores' murder.
- He will be transferred to Miguel Castro Castro Prison next weekend, and it's not a pretty place. A human-rights investigation 4 years ago found prisoners were tortured, raped, and left for long periods in pitch-black isolation. Read one horrific account here.
(Read more Joran Van der Sloot