Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Read recent news about President Donald Trump and Trump's Latest Tweets on Newser.com
Stories 21 - 40 |
Judge on Trump's
Where Are All
Apr 30, 2022 6:00 AM CDT
Judge on Trump's Contempt Charge: Where Are All the Post-Its?
Trump claims in affidavit he doesn't have docs sought by subpoena; Justice Arthur Engoron rejects that
- Donald Trump's legal team continues to try to get him out of being held in contempt of court , but on Friday, a New York judge wasn't biting. On Monday, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron held the former president in contempt and ordered him to pay a $10,...
to Social Media:
Apr 29, 2022 11:19 AM CDT
Trump Returns to Social Media: 'I'M BACK'
Former president posts to Truth Social, not Twitter
- Donald Trump returned to the world of social media on Thursday via a post to his own Truth Social platform. "I’M BACK! #COVFEFE," Trump wrote in the post, which was accompanied by an image of him in front of his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, reports Fox News...
Source of Deutsche Bank's
Secret Files Turns Up Dead
Apr 29, 2022 7:23 AM CDT
Source of Deutsche Bank's Secret Files Turns Up Dead
Valentin Broeksmit was an FBI informant; no foul play is suspected
- A whistleblower who supplied secret files to federal authorities investigating Deutsche Bank's dealings with former President Trump has been found dead. The body of 46-year-old Valentin Broeksmit was found by a cleaning crew just before 7am Wednesday at Woodrow Wilson High School in Los Angeles, Sgt. Rudy Perez of...
Clash Between Trump,
Club for Growth Is Escalating
Apr 27, 2022 4:46 PM CDT
Clash Between Trump, Club for Growth Is Escalating
Influential group calls out ex-president in latest ad in Ohio Senate primary race
- Donald Trump has split with the conservative anti-tax Club for Growth in Ohio's messy GOP Senate primary and the feud is escalating, CNN reports. The group, which supports former state treasurer Josh Mandel, has refused Trump's requests to stop airing an ad attacking
author JD Vance,...
Trump Appeals Decision
to Fine Him $10K Per Day
Apr 27, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Trump Appeals Decision to Fine Him $10K Per Day
New York judge held former president in contempt of court in civil case Monday
As expected, former President Trump has appealed a New York judge's decision to hold him in contempt of court and fine him $10,000 per day for failing to comply with a subpoena for documents in a civil case. The AP reports Trump's lawyer, Alina Habba, argued...
Shift on Riot
Apr 26, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Greene's Texts to Meadows Show Quick Shift on Riot
As it began, she asked for Trump to calm rioters; soon, she put blame on antifa infiltrators
- Texts to and from Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows on the day of the Capitol riot and, more generally, in the aftermath of the 2020 election have been the subject of many stories of late. But CNN is now unveiling a mother lode—a total of 2,319 texts...
Trump: No More
Twitter for Me
Apr 25, 2022 7:55 PM CDT
Trump: No More Twitter for Me
Some aides doubt whether he could stay away if Musk dropped the ban
- Elon Musk hasn't said whether he'll let former President Donald Trump back on Twitter once he takes control of the platform. But Trump beat him to the punch on Monday, the Hill reports, by saying he'll stick to his own social media site, Truth Social, regardless. "...
at Prince Harry
Apr 25, 2022 9:10 AM CDT
Trump Takes Personal Shot at Prince Harry
Former president says the prince is 'whipped' by Meghan Markle and predicts a divorce
- New details of former President Trump's soon-to-air interview with Piers Morgan in the UK are out, and they show Trump taking some personal digs at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Trump says Harry is "being led around by the nose" by Markle and is "whipped like no...
Trump on McCarthy:
'I Didn't Like the Call'
Apr 23, 2022 7:01 AM CDT
Trump on McCarthy: 'I Didn't Like the Call'
But former president says House leader made amends with a visit to Mar-a-Lago
- The powers-that-be in DC have been waiting for Donald Trump to weigh in on this week's drama surrounding Kevin McCarthy . And in his first public comments on the matter, Trump provides what might be seen as good news and bad news for the House minority leader. Trump did not...
After Talk With Trump,
McCarthy May Be OK
Apr 22, 2022 2:02 PM CDT
After Talk With Trump, McCarthy May Be OK
Ex-president does not appear to be upset with House minority leader, reports 'Washington Post'
- The headline in Politico Playbook says it all: "Is Kevin McCarthy toast?" The reference is to the revelation made by the
New York Times
that McCarthy told fellow House GOP leaders he planned to call then-President Trump and recommend he resign in the aftermath of the Capitol riot. It'...
Audio Clip on Trump Appears
to Contradict McCarthy's Claim
Apr 22, 2022 8:25 AM CDT
Audio Clip on Trump Appears to Contradict McCarthy's Claim
He talks about calling then-president after Capitol riot to recommend Trump resign
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy might be in some hot water politically over a newly released audio clip. On Thursday morning, the
New York Times
reported that McCarthy told other House GOP leaders a few days after the Capitol riot that he would call then-President Trump and encourage him to...
Trump Team Denies
He Stormed Out of
Piers Morgan Interview
Apr 21, 2022 4:39 AM CDT
Trump Team Denies He Stormed Out of Piers Morgan Interview
Clip was deceptively edited, communications chief says
- TalkTV, Rupert Murdoch's new TV channel in the UK, is calling it "the most explosive interview of the year"—and even a promo clip of Piers Morgan's interview with former President Trump is controversial. The trailer, titled "Donald Trump walks out on Piers Morgan,"...
Biden, Democrats May Be
'Sleepwalking Into Disaster'
Apr 19, 2022 7:27 AM CDT
Biden, Democrats May Be 'Sleepwalking Into Disaster'
One analyst sees possibility of Trump victory, coupled with veto-proof GOP Senate majority
- President Biden is telling confidantes—including former President Obama—that he plans to run for reelection, reports the Hill . The story quotes an anonymous insider who says that Biden, despite cratering poll numbers , believes he is the only Democrat who would be able to defeat former President Trump. "He'...
GOP Pulls Out of Future Debates
Apr 14, 2022 7:08 PM CDT
GOP Pulls Out of Future Debates
Party wants changes in presidential campaign events after Trump complained
- The Republican National Committee had been warning for months about no longer participating in the presidential debates organized by the commission that's held them since 1988. Spurred on by former President Donald Trump, Republicans have picked up their criticism of the Commission on Presidential Debates as biased toward Democrats,...
Jury Convicts Rioter
Who Blamed Trump
Apr 14, 2022 4:08 PM CDT
Jury Convicts Rioter Who Blamed Trump
Defense argued Dustin Thompson was unemployed and vulnerable to conspiracy theories
- An Ohio man who testified he was "following presidential orders" from Donald Trump when he stormed the US Capitol was convicted Thursday of obstructing Congress from certifying Joe Biden's 2020 electoral victory. A federal jury also found Dustin Byron Thompson, 38, guilty of stealing a coat rack from...
Trump Makes First
Big Investment in GOP Race
Apr 13, 2022 7:40 PM CDT
Trump Makes First Big Investment in GOP Race
Former president's PAC sends $500K to help David Perdue in Georgia
- For the first time, former President Donald Trump’s political operation has invested in a candidate's midterm election campaign. Trump’s Save America PAC sent $500,000 to a super PAC working to defeat Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, whom the former president has wanted out of office since he...
Fiona Hill's Comments
Don't Sit Well With Trump
Apr 12, 2022 11:44 AM CDT
Fiona Hill's Comments Don't Sit Well With Trump
Former adviser accused him of 'pulling a Putin' on Jan. 6
- In an interview with the
New York Times Magazine
, Fiona Hill —a specialist on Russia and Vladimir Putin who advised presidents George W. Bush, Barack Obama, Donald Trump—offered critiques of all three former leaders. For example, she remembers that she "winced" when Obama defied advice and publicly...
Trump's Dr. Oz Endorsement
Is Proving Controversial
Apr 12, 2022 8:21 AM CDT
Trump's Dr. Oz Endorsement Is Proving Controversial
Criticism is rampant among the former president's supporters
- Over the weekend, former President Trump endorsed Mehmet Oz —better known to Americans as Dr. Oz—in the GOP Senate primary in Pennsylvania. But this endorsement is shaping up to be a relatively controversial one among Trump supporters, many of whom favored a rival candidate named David McCormick. A...
in a Big Race
Apr 10, 2022 7:00 AM CDT
Trump Endorses Big Name in a Big Race
Former president backs Dr. Oz for Senate seat in Pennsylvania
- Donald Trump has issued his endorsement in a close Senate race, and the name is a familiar one. The former president said he's backing Mehmet Oz—aka the TV celebrity known as Dr. Oz—in Pennsylvania's Republican Senate primary.
"Dr. Oz is Pro-Life, very strong on
New York AG Wants Trump
Held in Contempt
Apr 7, 2022 1:41 PM CDT
New York AG Wants Trump Held in Contempt
Attorney General Letitia James says he should be fined $10K a day for failure to turn over records
- New York's attorney general is calling for former President Trump to be fined $10,000 a day until he hands over requested documents. Letitia James asked a state court Thursday to hold Trump in contempt, accusing him of failure to comply with a court order to submit documents related...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Conway Spills on George, Kushner, Trump in New Book
Sexual Link Investigated in Monkeypox Outbreak
She Was the City's Only Doctor. Russians Put a Bag Over Her Head
Report Details Abuse Coverup by Southern Baptist Leaders
Russian Diplomat: I'm 'So Ashamed'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.