Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Celebs Pile on
Over Trump Fundraiser
Aug 8, 2019 2:25 AM CDT
Celebs Pile on SoulCycle Owner Over Trump Fundraiser
Tickets to Stephen Ross event cost up to $250K
- Stephen Ross, the billionaire real estate developer who owns Equinox Fitness and the Miami Dolphins, is facing a fierce backlash over a fundraiser for President Trump he is hosting Friday. Celebrities are leading calls for a boycott of Equinox and associated businesses SoulCycle and Blink Fitness over the fundraiser luncheon...
Amy McGrath's First 24 Hours
Were Extremely Lucrative
Jul 10, 2019 10:50 AM CDT
Amy McGrath's First 24 Hours Were Extremely Lucrative
When it comes to Democratic Senate candidates, the most lucrative ever
- On Tuesday, Democrat Amy McGrath announced she was going toe-to-toe with Mitch McConnell. On Wednesday, her campaign announced it pulled in $2.5 million in the first 24 hours—a record for a Democratic Senate campaign by a long shot. The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee says the previous record-holder was...
Biden Trails Buttigieg
in Fundraising Total
Jul 4, 2019 3:51 AM CDT
Biden Trails Buttigieg in Fundraising Total
Biden supporters say they're not worried
- Former Vice President Joe Biden has raised $21.5 million since launching his White House bid in late April, his campaign said Wednesday. While Biden's haul will put him in the top tier of Democratic fundraisers, he lags behind Pete Buttigieg, a 37-year-old Indiana mayor who was virtually unknown...
Jul 1, 2019 8:47 AM CDT
'Head-Turning' 2nd Quarter for Buttigieg: $24.8M
Indiana mayor is first Democratic candidate to announce this quarter's haul
- If anyone had doubts that Pete Buttigieg is a serious contender for president, those doubts may dissipate after a look at the latest fundraising numbers. After bringing in a notable $7 million in his first three months of the race, Buttigieg's campaign announced Monday that they raised $24.8...
Fundraising Tally Is Big
Jun 19, 2019 12:57 PM CDT
Trump's Single-Day Fundraising Tally Is Big
RNC says $24.8M raised in less than 24 hours
- He may not be leading in polls like this one , but President Trump is way ahead of the pack of 2020 presidential contenders when it comes to fundraising. On the heels of the official launch of his re-election campaign, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tweeted Wednesday that Trump "...
He Raised $7M
in 3 Months.
Jun 17, 2019 11:50 AM CDT
He Raised $7M in 3 Months. Now $7M More, in Just One
Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg takes in massively impressive haul in April
- Pete Buttigieg seemingly came out of nowhere when he entered the 2020 race, and Politico points to a new development as evidence of his "explosive rise" since. When the mayor from South Bend, Ind., first jumped into the presidential fray, he raised $7 million during his first three months...
'Cocaine Mitch' Wants
You to Join His 'Cartel'
May 9, 2019 9:50 AM CDT
'Cocaine Mitch' Wants You to Join His 'Cartel'
He's selling campaign T-shirts with cocaine dust
- Mitch McConnell is embracing the "Cocaine Mitch" nickname given to him last year, going so far as to sell T-shirts featuring a faceless man (ostensibly McConnell) beside a dusting of white powder. "A year ago, a legend was born. Own your piece of history. #CocaineMitch," McConnell's...
Democrats Have a
Apr 16, 2019 12:07 AM CDT
Democrats Have a Fundraising Problem
Field is lagging behind 2008 total
- Democratic presidential candidates raised about $75 million during the first quarter of the 2020 election, a lackluster sum spread out across more than a dozen campaigns that signals a drawn-out battle likely lies ahead. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders led the field by raising $18 million and California Sen. Kamala Harris...
Trump Campaign Outraises
Top 2 Democrats Combined
Apr 15, 2019 12:21 AM CDT
Trump Campaign Outraises Top 2 Democrats Combined
Campaign says it was nearly all small donations
- President Trump's reelection campaign is set to report that it raised more than $30 million in the first quarter of 2019, edging out his top two Democratic rivals combined, according to figures it provided to the AP . The haul brings the campaign's cash on hand to $40.8...
Reveals His Numbers
Apr 3, 2019 6:26 PM CDT
Beto O’Rourke Reveals His Numbers
The former Texas representative is doing well, but it's hard to compare
- Beto O'Rourke's campaign is hauling in the bucks—but his relatively late entry in the race makes it unclear who's leading the financial pack, the
New York Times
reports. O'Rourke's campaign says he raised $9.4 million from 218,000 contributions during the first 18...
Spotlight Brightens as
Buttigieg Fills His Coffers
Apr 2, 2019 11:49 AM CDT
Spotlight Brightens as Buttigieg Fills His Coffers
South Bend mayor raises $7M in 3 months
- "Mayor Pete" has some serious momentum. South Bend, Ind., mayor Pete Buttigieg raised more than $7 million in the first quarter of 2019 for his presidential campaign . The fundraising total revealed Monday is $5 million less than Kamala Harris raised in Q1, and the figure will likely be dwarfed...
Campaign Seeks Donations
to 'Fully Vindicated' Trump
Mar 25, 2019 12:33 AM CDT
Campaign Seeks Donations to 'Fully Vindicated' Trump
Letter went out an hour after statement on Mueller report
- The Trump 2020 campaign didn't waste any time after Attorney General William Barr disclosed Sunday that Robert Mueller's investigation hadn't found evidence that the Trump 2016 campaign conspired with Russia . An hour after Barr's letter was released, the campaign sent out a fundraising email claiming that...
Elizabeth Warren Vows
to Avoid Big-Money Donors
Feb 25, 2019 8:26 AM CST
Elizabeth Warren Vows to Avoid Big-Money Donors
Move could raise pressure on other Democratic candidates
- Elizabeth Warren made a move Monday to bolster her reputation as an opponent of big-money politics. In an email to supporters, the Democratic senator said her 2020 campaign for president would eschew fancy fundraising dinners, cocktail parties, and phone calls to big donors, reports CNN . She'll also skip another...
Team Should Be Celebrating
Feb 20, 2019 11:28 AM CST
Sanders' Fundraising Team Should Be Celebrating
Campaign raised a whopping $5.9M in 24 hours
- Front-runner, indeed . Just 24 hours after officially kicking off his campaign for president, Bernie Sanders has lined his pockets with $5.9 million raised from more than 225,000 donors, according to the Vermont senator's campaign. The
New York Times
reports the tally is "not unexpected" but...
'Beyond Surprising': Beto
Breaks Fundraising Records
Oct 12, 2018 12:45 PM CDT
'Beyond Surprising': Beto Breaks Fundraising Records
He raises $31.8M in 3 months in tight race against Ted Cruz
- Small-dollar donations have been the hallmark of the campaign of US Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke, who hasn't accepted PAC money in his attempt to grab Ted Cruz's Texas Senate seat. But like snowflakes that form an avalanche, all those more modest donations have converged to become what...
Pouring In to Trump
Apr 16, 2018 6:47 AM CDT
Campaign Donations Pouring In to Trump
Aggressive fundraising pulls in $20M in first quarter, with one-fifth going to legal fees
- President Trump filed for reelection almost immediately upon assuming office, and new filings reflect the aggressive approach: The president's campaign and two affiliated fundraising committees pulled in about $20 million in the first quarter, reports Politico . That's an unusually high amount for a sitting president this early in...
Trump Is Closing
the Fundraising Gap
Aug 4, 2016 2:56 AM CDT
Trump Is Closing the Fundraising Gap
Sanders-style small donations are making a big difference
- After a week full of headlines likely to have Donald Trump's advisers tearing their hair out, there's a bright spot for his campaign: He's narrowing the fundraising gap with Hillary Clinton, helped by a Bernie Sanders-style flood of small donations, NPR reports. The Trump campaign says it...
Clinton Wants Amendment
to Dump Citizens United
Jul 17, 2016 6:59 AM CDT
Clinton Wants Amendment to Dump Citizens United
She's working hard to shore up Bernie Sanders' following
- In a bow to Bernie Sanders' campaign, Hillary Clinton picked up one of the causes he championed on Saturday, reports the
—that of overturning the 2010 Supreme Court ruling that opened the floodgates on corporate political donations. "Today I’m announcing that in my first 30 days...
Cash: $1.29M, to
Jun 21, 2016 6:35 AM CDT
Trump Campaign's Cash: $1.29M, to Hillary's $42M
Clinton outraised him 9 to 1 in May
- Donald Trump's campaign is so low on cash it wouldn't be considered a high roller at one of his casinos, according to financial disclosures released late Monday. The Trump campaign began June with just $1.29 million in cash, compared to $42 million for Hillary Clinton's well-heeled...
of Big Money,
So I Don't Have
to Raise It
Apr 17, 2016 10:17 AM CDT
Clooney: Rid Politics of Big Money, So I Don't Have to Raise It
Actor raised 'obscene' amount of money for Hillary Clinton this weekend
- George Clooney would like to get big money out of politics—so he doesn't have to raise it. As the AP reports, Clooney hosted two weekend fundraisers in California on behalf of Hillary Clinton. Donations for attendees at an event in San Francisco topped out at $353,000 per...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Longtime ESPN Journalist Comes Out as Transgender
Trump at State AG Deposition: I Plead the Fifth
Fred Savage Accusers: His Eyes Would Go 'Dead'
Family: Body at Wake Reeked, Face 'Looked Like It Was Caved In'
Son Charged With Murdering His Punk Pioneer Father
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.