Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jul 16, 2021 2:54 PM CDT
Cheney's Anti-Trump Vote Isn't Hurting Her Fundraising
She and other GOP lawmakers who voted for impeachment did well in first quarter
- Republicans who voted to impeach former President Trump seem to be having no trouble raising campaign funds. Second-quarter donations to the 10 House members who bucked their party after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot have them all outpacing their challengers and "flush with cash," per the
The Way Trump Called for
Donations Raised Eyebrows
Mar 3, 2021 11:57 AM CST
The Way Trump Called for Donations Raised Eyebrows
That's because on Sunday he encouraged loyalists to give directly to him
- "Trump needs you," one fundraising email implored. "President Trump's Legacy is in your hands," another pleaded. While some Republicans grapple with how fiercely to embrace the former president, the organizations charged with raising money for the party are going all in. The Republican National Committee...
Lindsey Graham's Been
Pleading for Cash. It's Paid Off
Oct 23, 2020 11:54 AM CDT
Lindsey Graham's Been Pleading for Cash. It's Paid Off
GOP senator from SC raised $1M or so a day for first 2 weeks in October
- Lindsey Graham has continued to rake in campaign cash in the closing days of his bid for a fourth term, raising about $1 million a day for the first two weeks of October. Early Friday, Graham's campaign said it had raised nearly $15 million in the first half of...
Oct 15, 2020 10:19 AM CDT
For Biden, Another Huge Cash Haul
With $383M fundraising draw, that means campaign, DNC raised $750M in 2 months
- Fox News calls it an "eye-popping." CNN calls it "colossal." Whatever you call it, Joe Biden and the Democratic National Committee have smashed their fundraising record, with $383 million raised in September. That's the highest monthly fundraising total yet, besting the $364.5 million...
Biden Outraised Trump
by $154M Last Month
Sep 9, 2020 4:20 PM CDT
Biden Outraised Trump by $154M Last Month
Trump, GOP raised $210M in August
- President Trump and his Republican Party jointly raised $210 million in August, a robust sum but one dwarfed by the record $364.5 million raised by Democrats and their nominee, Joe Biden. Trump's campaign released its figure Wednesday, several days later than usual and nearly a week after the...
For Trump Campaign,
a Surprising 'Cash Crunch'
Sep 8, 2020 12:52 PM CDT
For Trump Campaign, a Surprising 'Cash Crunch'
President weighs putting $100M of his own money into the race, per Bloomberg
- Candidate Trump spent $66 million of his own money on the 2016 campaign. President Trump might make the unusual move of pouring even more of his own money into the 2020 race, reports Bloomberg . Trump is considering a personal outlay of up to $100 million, an unprecedented expense for an...
DeJoy Employees Say
They Felt Pressured to Give
Sep 7, 2020 6:15 PM CDT
DeJoy Employees Say They Felt Pressured to Give
Former CEO accused of campaign finance violations
- More controversy for Postmaster General Louis DeJoy: Former employees at New Breed Logistics say they were pressured to attend his Republican Party fundraisers and make donations—which they were reimbursed for with generous bonuses. "Louis was a national fundraiser for the Republican Party. He asked employees for money. We...
Biden, DNC Shatter
Sep 2, 2020 3:40 PM CDT
Biden, DNC Shatter Fundraising Records
'We literally couldn’t count the money fast enough'
- Unless President Trump's campaign releases even more impressive numbers, Joe Biden's August will go down in history. Biden and the Democratic National Committee raked in a total of $364.5 million last month, by far the best fundraising month in American political history, the
reports. The previous...
Biden Campaign: This Was
Our Best Fundraising Hour
Aug 13, 2020 8:22 AM CDT
Biden Campaign: This Was Our Best Fundraising Hour
It came after Democratic candidate named Kamala Harris as VP pick
- Joe Biden's campaign says the hour after he announced his choice of Kamala Harris for vice president was his best fundraising hour yet. At a virtual fundraising event Wednesday night, Biden said the campaign took in a total of $26 million in the 24 hours after the announcement, including...
Aug 9, 2020 12:15 PM CDT
Trump Sparks GOP Panic by Attacking Major Donor
Casino magnate Sheldon Adelson was already known as 'Trump's Patron-in-Chief'
- President Trump's call this week with a GOP megadonor took an unexpected turn and left officials scrambling to undo the damage, Politico reports. Sheldon Adelson—the Las Vegas mogul who, along with his wife, has already poured $10 million into a pro-Trump super PAC—called the president to discuss...
Biden Sees Another
Edge in 'Highly Unusual'
Jul 2, 2020 11:15 AM CDT
Biden Sees Another Edge in 'Highly Unusual' Fundraising Season
Former VP brings in $10M more than Trump in June, $16M more in 2nd quarter
- In May, Joe Biden brought in $7 million more than President Trump in fundraising cash. In June, the former VP continued that streak, and then some. Per the Hill , Biden's team announced Wednesday it had, in conjunction with the DNC and its shared fundraising committees, brought in $10 million...
Trump Raised $74M in May.
Biden Raced Past That
Jun 20, 2020 8:30 AM CDT
Trump Raised $74M in May. Biden Raced Past That
Despite ex-VP's $81M haul, president still has sizable advantage in cash on hand
- President Trump was outraised by Joe Biden in May, taking in $74 million for his reelection, but he maintains a sizable advantage in cash on hand over the presumptive Democratic nominee. The pro-Trump effort, which includes fundraising by the Republican National Committee, on Saturday reported its total days after Biden...
In Graham's Re-Election
Bid, a Fundraising Surprise
Apr 16, 2020 11:22 AM CDT
In Graham's Re-Election Bid, a Fundraising Surprise
Democratic challenger Jaime Harrison outraises the South Carolina incumbent
- Lindsey Graham raised an impressive $5.6 million for his re-election campaign in the first three months of the year, behind only fellow Sens. Mitch McConnell and Martha McSally. But in a surprise, Graham's Democratic challenger in South Carolina raised even more—$7.3 million, reports the
Some Democratic Candidates
Are Nearly Out of Cash
Feb 21, 2020 3:30 PM CST
Some Democratic Candidates Are Nearly Out of Cash
Buttigieg, Warren, Biden, Klobuchar running low
- At a time in the race when running a presidential campaign is getting more expensive, many of the Democrats remaining have less money. After being camped in Iowa for what seemed like ages, the candidates now have multiple, scattered primaries ahead. And on top of competing with Bernie Sanders' fundraising...
Attending Trump's Saturday
Fundraiser Will Really Cost You
Feb 14, 2020 6:25 AM CST
Attending Trump's Saturday Fundraiser Will Really Cost You
Entry fee for new Trump fundraiser this weekend: $580K per couple
- President Trump has been to nearly 50 "intimate gatherings" with top-level GOP donors over the past two-plus years, per estimates by the
—but his latest will be his steepest of those fundraisers so far. Billionaire Nelson Peltz is the host, Peltz's estate in Palm Beach,...
Feb 6, 2020 4:15 PM CST
As Rivals Struggle, Sanders Raises $25M
Fundraising provides a clear victory as rivals cut spending
- While Sen. Bernie Sanders remains tied, more or less, atop the Iowa caucus results, he finished January far ahead of the field in fundraising. The presidential candidate raised $25 million last month, his best so far. That's more than any of his rivals collected in a full quarter last...
Bernie Sanders Smokes
Rivals on Fundraising
Jan 2, 2020 9:40 AM CST
Bernie Sanders Smokes Rivals on Fundraising
He pulls in $34.5M in 4th quarter, far more than anyone else
- Bernie Sanders just had the best fundraising quarter of any Democratic candidate in 2019: He pulled in $34.5 million in the final three months of the year, reports NBC News . The big number, raised mainly through small donations online, might deliver a "financial jolt" in the Democratic race...
10 Days Ago,
the End Was Nigh
for Castro. Then
He Made Bank
Nov 1, 2019 1:05 PM CDT
10 Days Ago, the End Was Nigh for Castro. Then He Made Bank
Candidate is staying in 2020 presidential race after campaign surpasses $800K fundraising goal
- On Oct. 21, former HUD Secretary and now Democratic presidential candidate Julian Castro sent a dire-sounding email to supporters , declaring that if he couldn't raise $800,000 by month's end, he'd have to throw in the towel on his run for the Oval Office. On Friday, news...
Joe Biden Falls Behind
2 Rivals in Fundraising
Oct 4, 2019 3:04 AM CDT
Joe Biden Falls Behind 2 Rivals in Fundraising
His total is down $7M from the previous quarter
- Joe Biden isn't the Democratic frontrunner when it comes to fundraising, according to figures released by his campaign Thursday. The Biden campaign says the former vice president raised $15.2 million over the last three months, some $7 million less than in the previous quarter of 2019, the
Oct 1, 2019 7:52 AM CDT
Sanders Rocks It With Q3 Fundraising
And Pete Buttigieg slips from last quarter's impressive haul
- Polls—what polls? With Elizabeth Warren edging Joe Biden in the polls, Bernie Sanders announced Tuesday an impressive third-quarter haul that beats Warren's first and second quarters combined, ABC News reports. And that's without Sanders tapping the big-money, private events that Biden, Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris, and others...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Two Words in Roberts' Ruling Signal a Big Fight
Allegations of Witness Tampering Gain Traction
Navy Investigation Blames 'Complacency' for Leak That Poisoned Water
His Headless Body Was Found in 1995. His Widow Was Just Arrested
Kaitlin Armstrong Was Trying to Build New Life in Costa Rica
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.