Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
A High-Profile Trump Critic
Is TV Analyst for Hearings
Nov 13, 2019 11:05 AM CST
A High-Profile Trump Critic Is TV Analyst for Hearings
George Conway, husband of White House adviser Kellyanne Conway, is on MSNBC
- If George and Kellyanne Conway have a tough time keeping politics out of their marriage, this won't help. The husband of the top Trump adviser was providing analysis of the impeachment hearing on MSNBC Wednesday. It's "quite the coup" for the network, notes Mediaite , given that George...
'Silence' at NBC
Oct 26, 2019 6:20 PM CDT
Maddow Gets Emotional Over 'Silence' at NBC
The MSNBC host speaks up about sexual harassment and NDAs
- Activists called upon NBC Universal on Saturday to allow former employees to speak out freely on sexual harassment in the workplace without restriction, rather than having to come to the company first to be released from non-disclosure agreements, the AP reports. The company said Saturday that any former employee who...
MSNBC Story Flub Gives
Trump an Opening
Aug 29, 2019 9:47 AM CDT
MSNBC Story Flub Gives Trump an Opening
He points to O'Donnell retraction as an example of media bias against him
- Lawrence O'Donnell thought he had a scoop damaging to President Trump. Instead, the president was pointing to the resulting controversy at MSNBC as an example of unfair treatment by the media. "The totally inaccurate reporting by Lawrence O’Donnell, for which he has been forced by NBC to...
Aug 28, 2019 7:30 PM CDT
MSNBC's O'Donnell: I Shouldn't Have Reported Trump Story
Reporting on Russia ties to Trump finances was a mistake, he admits
- MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell said Wednesday he made an "error in judgment" in reporting about supposed Russian ties to President Donald Trump's finances without verifying the story, the AP reports. O'Donnell's admission came in a tweet Wednesday after a lawyer for Trump said the story...
to Get on Knees, Beg
Apr 23, 2019 9:40 AM CDT
Needs to Get on Knees, Beg
'They are truly the Enemy of the People!'
- President Trump thinks the
New York Times
should "get down on their knees & beg for forgiveness." The comment came in a "Twitter rampage" attacking media outlets early Tuesday, per Fox News . Trump wrote that he was deserving of "a far bigger & better apology" than...
The Last Time This TV Rating
Happened, It Was 2000
Dec 27, 2018 8:22 AM CST
The Last Time This TV Rating Happened, It Was 2000
MSNBC beats Fox in total daytime viewers
- A milestone in the cable wars: MSNBC has beaten Fox News in total daytime viewers for the first time since 2000. For the week of Dec. 17-21, MSNBC averaged 1.56 million viewers between 6am and 2pm, ahead of Fox (1.54 million) and CNN (975,000), according to a...
Bill Gates: Wife
Didn't Love How
Trump Spoke of
May 18, 2018 6:23 AM CDT
Bill Gates: Wife Didn't Love How Trump Spoke of Our Daughter
Gates also said Trump seemed confused about difference between HIV, HPV
- Bill Gates recently helmed a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation meeting with staff, and per the
, he offered some anecdotes involving President Trump. In the footage aired Thursday night on MSNBC, Gates noted that when he first met Trump in late 2016, it was "kind of scary" how...
Apr 28, 2018 11:33 AM CDT
MSNBC Host Apologizes for Homophobic Blog Posts
Joy Reid says hackers posted homophobic comments
- MSNBC's Joy Reid, under fire for homophobic language in old blog posts, apologized Saturday for any past comments that belittled or mocked the LGBTQ community and says she hasn't been able to verify her claim that her account was hacked, the AP reports. Reid opened her weekend show...
Here's the New
Cable News Host
Apr 5, 2018 2:01 PM CDT
Here's the New Most-Watched Cable News Host
Rachel Maddow beat Sean Hannity in March
- Rachel Maddow is the most-watched cable news host, at least for now.
The Rachel Maddow Show
was the highest-rated show in cable news in March, with an average total audience of 3.058 million viewers compared to Sean Hannity's 3 million,
reports. This is a big deal considering,...
4 Hours of TV
a Day? 'Wrong!'
Dec 11, 2017 10:50 AM CST
Trump Watches 4 Hours of TV a Day? 'Wrong!'
President disputes 'NYT' report
New York Times
over the weekend detailed President Trump's daily routine , and the paper painted television as a major part of it. Not so, declared Trump in a Monday morning tweet. The article characterized him as watching four to eight hours a day, though it noted the sound...
MSNBC Admits It Was Wrong
in Caving to Right-Wing Activist
Dec 7, 2017 2:28 PM CST
MSNBC Admits It Was Wrong in Caving to Right-Wing Activist
The network fired then rehired liberal contributor Sam Seder
- In the span of just three days, MSNBC fired then rehired Sam Seder over a tweet the liberal contributor made eight years ago after it was discovered by a "far-right provocateur," the Intercept reports. The
states the whole bizarre situation "perhaps says something about the...
Another Big Hit
Oct 30, 2017 10:14 AM CDT
Halperin Suffers Another Big Hit Over Claims of Harassment
Political analyst is out at NBC, MSNBC
- The unraveling of Mark Halperin's once-soaring media career continues: NBC News and MSNBC have fired him in the wake of multiple allegations of sexual harassment lodged by women who once worked with him. Halperin had been a political analyst for NBC and a frequent guest on MSNBC's
MSNBC Just Scored an
Aug 18, 2017 10:21 AM CDT
MSNBC Just Scored an Unprecedented Victory
On Wednesday, it finished No. 1 in cable ratings for first time
- A controversial week in DC has led to bragging rights for MSNBC. On Wednesday, the network finished with the highest ratings in the cable-network universe, which
reports is a first for the network. MSNBC averaged 1.52 million viewers for the "total sales day" (meaning the 6am-2pm period),...
A First for
Jul 25, 2017 9:45 AM CDT
A First for MSNBC in the Nielsens
Largest prime-time weekday audience on cable, across all networks (not just news)
- Since it first took to the air in 1996, MSNBC has been deep in the fray, vying for coveted ratings in the fiercely competitive cable-television arena. Twenty-one years later, it has finally nabbed a big one: the biggest weekday prime-time cable audience, not only against news networks, but all networks...
of Its Hosts
Jun 29, 2017 5:09 PM CDT
MSNBC Just Booted One of Its Hosts
Greta Van Susteren is out
- Greta Van Susteren's stop at a third cable news network proved to be short, the AP reports. MSNBC said Thursday that she's out after less than six months at the network, to be replaced by Ari Melber. Van Susteren began hosting a Washington-based 6pm weeknight show at MSNBC...
2 Tough Headlines
for Fox News
May 23, 2017 10:30 AM CDT
2 Tough Headlines for Fox News
Bad news in the ratings department and the lawsuit department
- Tuesday isn't shaping up to be a great news day for Fox News. Harassment lawsuits and sinking ratings are both making headlines:
Three new lawsuits filed Monday allege racial discrimination or sexual harassment at Fox News, deepening the network's legal woes, the AP reports. The cases increase to
Confirm Romance in Big Way
May 4, 2017 9:09 AM CDT
Co-Hosts Confirm Romance in Big Way
Rumors about Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski were apparently true
- Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC's
have resoundingly confirmed their long-rumored romantic relationship: with an engagement. MSNBC confirmed the news Thursday, per Politico , after Page Six reported the pair had gotten engaged during a weekend trip to France. Rumors of a romance first surfaced last year,...
Leaked Trump Tax Return
Reveals $38M Bill
Mar 15, 2017 1:11 AM CDT
Leaked Trump Tax Return Reveals $38M Bill
2005 document was leaked to Rachel Maddow
- It was probably only a matter of time: Part of one of the tax returns that President Trump has refused to release has been leaked, revealing that he paid millions of dollars under a tax law he plans to abolish. The two pages from the 2005 return were unveiled by...
Amid Political Bickering, YMCA
Gives Cable News the Boot
Mar 6, 2017 3:06 PM CST
Amid Political Bickering, YMCA Gives Cable News the Boot
Because apparently, America, we cannot have nice political debate at the gym
- You know how a few miles on the treadmill can really get your pulse racing? Well, it seems the same can be said of MSNBC and Fox News, so nary the two shall meet at the Greater Scranton YMCA, which has seen tempers get a little hot of late. "...
What Aleppo Is
Sep 8, 2016 9:43 AM CDT
Gary Johnson Doesn't Know What Aleppo Is
- The city of Aleppo has long been at the center of Syria's civil war—most recently in claims that the Syrian regime dropped chlorine gas bombs on its own people—so one might think presidential candidates would be pretty familiar with it. Not Gary Johnson. "What would you...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Garland Warns States About Abortion Pills
Collins on Roe Ruling: 'I Feel Misled'
Missing at Sea for 11 Days, Va. Couple Emerges
Miner's Surprise Find: 'She's Perfect and She's Beautiful'
Experts Are Raising Eyebrows at Laundrie Confession
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.