Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Man Accused of
Stealing Lady Gaga's
Dogs Arrested, Again
Aug 4, 2022 1:12 AM CDT
Man Accused of Stealing Lady Gaga's Dogs Arrested, Again
James Howard Jackson, 19, was mistakenly released from custody in April
The man charged with stealing Lady Gaga's dogs and shooting her dog walker has been recaptured after he was accidentally released from custody in April. Authorities blamed a clerical error for the release of James Howard Jackson while awaiting trial. He was re-arrested Wednesday, the AP reports.
Subway Shooting Suspect
Indicted on 2 Counts
May 7, 2022 5:20 PM CDT
Subway Shooting Suspect Indicted on 2 Counts
Each could bring a sentence of life in prison for Frank James
: The man being held in the shooting attack on a New York City subway train last month that wounded 10 people has been indicted. A federal grand jury charged Frank James on Friday with committing a terrorist attack or other violence against a mass transportation system and discharging a...
$20K Reward Offered for Those
Who Drowned Stranded Dolphin
May 6, 2022 10:13 AM CDT
$20K Reward Offered for Those Who Drowned Stranded Dolphin
Texas beachgoers accused of harassing animal, leading to its death
- A reward of up to $20,000 is up for grabs in exchange for information leading to the identification, arrest, or conviction of Texas beachgoers accused of harassing and ultimately drowning a stranded dolphin. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced the reward following the April 10 episode at Quintana...
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Mar 26, 2022 12:40 PM CDT
'People Should Not Drive Teslas Over My House'
Tesla police name TikTok star as person of interest in car stunt
The LAPD may have their man. Police have named TikTok star Dominykas Zeglaitis as a "person of interest" in a Tesla stunt that resulted in what they consider to be a hit-and-run crash, reports
. One big reason: Zeglaitis (@dominykas) has been claiming credit for the airborne...
Reward Grows to $250K
for Missing 4-Year-Old
Feb 21, 2022 9:35 AM CST
Reward Grows to $250K for Missing 4-Year-Old
Lina Khil was last seen on a San Antonio playground on Dec. 20
The search for a young girl who went missing from a Texas playground in December goes on. KSAT reports the reward in the case has been increased to $250,000, thanks to offerings from the local Crime Stoppers and the Islamic Center of San Antonio. Lina, who turned 4...
FBI Warns of
'Route 91 Bandit':
'We Need to Put
a Stop to This'
Feb 14, 2022 7:00 AM CST
FBI Warns of 'Route 91 Bandit': 'We Need to Put a Stop to This'
$10K reward for perp who's hit nearly a dozen banks along New England interstate
- His disguise is no more elaborate than a coronavirus-preventing face mask (usually not worn properly, hanging underneath his nose), but the man dubbed the "Route 91 Bandit" has still managed to pull off nearly a dozen bank robberies throughout New England over the past several months. Now, the FBI...
This Crocodile Got Its
Brave but Good Samaritan
Feb 8, 2022 4:22 PM CST
This Crocodile Got Its Brave but Good Samaritan
Reptile stuck in tire since 2016 is freed
A crocodile that has been cursed with a tire around its neck since 2016 is finally free, thanks to a 34-year-old Indonesian man named Tili. He used chicken bait and nylon ropes to wrangle the animal on Monday with the help of dozens of locals who helped cut the...
Sweet End for Plumber Who
Found Cash in Megachurch Wall
Dec 8, 2021 11:55 AM CST
Sweet End for Plumber Who Found Cash in Megachurch Wall
He'll walk away $20K richer
The plumber who stumbled on cash and checks inside a megachurch wall will walk away from the experience a little richer. While police haven't disclosed the amount that was found, evidence suggests it is connected to theft of $600,000 from Lakewood Church in 2014, reports NBC News...
'It Was Her Happiest
Moment.' Then She
Was Gunned Down
Jul 1, 2021 8:53 AM CDT
'It Was Her Happiest Moment.' Then She Was Gunned Down
Michelle Cummings had traveled to Annapolis, Md., to see son's Naval Academy induction
- Michelle Cummings had traveled from Texas to Maryland to watch her son, a football prospect, be inducted into the US Naval Academy. "It was her happiest moment," a friend tells KTRK . It was also one of her last. The Houston mom was shot and killed when a shooting...
Jun 2, 2021 8:07 AM CDT
Tupelo Says Somebody Stole 'Elvis'
Lettering spelling out iconic singer's name stolen off sign at entrance to his Miss. birthplace museum
- "Elvis" has left the street sign. The Elvis Presley Birthplace , a historic museum site commemorating the King of Rock and Roll in Tupelo, Miss., made a troublesome find over Memorial Day weekend: Someone ripped the lettering for the first word of the "Elvis Presley" signature off the brick...
'Deputies Down': Big Reward
Offered in LA Shooting
Sep 14, 2020 10:10 AM CDT
'Deputies Down': Big Reward Offered in LA Shooting
2 Los Angeles County officers are expected to survive; reporter arrested during protests
- The search continues for the gunman who shot two Los Angeles County deputies at close range over the weekend, and authorities hope a new incentive will help. The county sheriff's department has announced a $100,000 reward, reports NBC News . Surveillance video shows that the gunman walked up to...
Neighbors Say She Went for
a Bike Ride, Didn't Come Back
May 14, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
Neighbors Say She Went for a Bike Ride, Didn't Come Back
Suzanne Morphew's husband offers $100K reward after she vanished on Mother's Day
- A Colorado mom of two reportedly set off on a bike ride on Mother's Day and has been gone since, and now there's a $100,000 reward in the case. Per CBS Denver , the husband of 49-year-old Suzanne Morphew is offering the cash for information on her disappearance...
FBI: $5M for
San Diego Man
Terror in Africa
Dec 3, 2019 7:11 AM CST
FBI: $5M for San Diego Man Now Supporting Terror in Africa
A new indictment, and a re-upped reward, for 37-year-old US citizen Jehad Serwan Mostafa
- Jehad Serwan Mostafa is worth quite a bit to the FBI—up to $5 million, in fact. That's how much the agency is offering for information leading to the arrest of the 37-year-old US citizen, who appears on its "Most Wanted Terrorist List," CNN reports. A new...
Beware: Someone Is
'Hunting' Cats in California
Apr 11, 2019 12:40 PM CDT
Beware: Someone Is 'Hunting' Cats in California
$10K reward seeks to end the abuse in Oakland
- There's a new $10,000 reward for information on Oakland's serial shooter … of cats. Friends of Oakland Animal Services announced the reward this week after four male cats were found shot by pellet guns in a 2-mile radius of the Lower Dimond neighborhood over five weeks, reports...
Community Says Goodbye
to Missing Girl's Parents
Oct 28, 2018 2:22 PM CDT
Community Says Goodbye to Missing Girl's Parents
And reward doubles in search for Jayme Closs
- The reward for bringing back a missing Wisconsin girl doubled Friday as a grieving community said goodbye to her parents, ABC News reports. The reward for helping find 13-year-old Jayme Closs rose to $50,000 from $25,000 with the help of Jennie-O Turkey Store, a company where Jayme's...
FBI Offers Reward for Mechanic
in 1996 Plane Crash
Apr 6, 2018 4:05 PM CDT
FBI Offers Reward for Mechanic in 1996 Plane Crash
Ociel Valenzuela-Reyes may have improperly handled oxygen generators in ValueJet crash
- It's not the usual occupation involved with an FBI reward: airline mechanic. But the agency's Miami office is offering $10,000 to anyone who can help it track down Ociel Valenzuela-Reyes, who is wanted in connection with the 1996 crash of a ValueJet plane that killed all 110...
Over Theft of
Feb 1, 2018 2:30 PM CST
Famous Acrobat 'Heartbroken' Over Theft of $25K Unicycle
Rong Niu, aka the 'Red Panda Acrobat,' has had that unicycle for 30 years
- Someone at the San Francisco International Airport stole a 7-foot unicycle used by the "Red Panda Acrobat" for her plate-juggling routine, and the legendary performer is offering a $2,000 reward to get it back, the AP reports. KTVU-TV reports that police on Wednesday released surveillance photos from Jan....
Time Running Out for Huge
Reward in Famous Art Heist
Dec 26, 2017 11:35 AM CST
Time Running Out for Huge Reward in Famous Art Heist
Help return lost works to Boston's Gardner Museum and get $10M, but only through 2017
- Anyone who knows someone who knows someone who might know something about the notorious Gardner Museum art heist in Boston in 1990 might want to speak up quickly. A $10 million reward leading to the recovery of 13 works of art expires at midnight on Dec. 31. Actually, a reward...
This Might Be the Biggest
Reward Ever for Missing Pets
Dec 9, 2017 8:47 AM CST
This Might Be the Biggest Reward Ever for Missing Pets
Michigan owners offer $100K in bitcoin after 4 felines go missing after fire
- The owners of four cats that went missing after a house fire last month are getting reports of sightings in their Detroit-area neighborhood—and they're offering a lucrative reward to anyone who can help get one or all safely home. One odd twist: two of the cats are in...
McDonald's Manager Gets Big
Reward for Murder Suspect Tip
Dec 1, 2017 2:59 PM CST
McDonald's Manager Gets Big Reward for Murder Suspect Tip
Delonda Walker says she just 'wanted to do the right thing'
- A McDonald's manager will get a $110,000 reward for tipping off police about a man accused of killing four people and terrorizing a Florida neighborhood for 51 days, the AP reports. Tampa police chief Brian Dugan said at a news conference Friday that Delonda Walker will receive "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Trump Says McConnell Has 'Death Wish,' Insults His Wife
Ruling on Naomi Judd Death Probe Sees a 180
A $1.2B Ship Was Destroyed. Now, a Sailor Hears His Fate
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit: 'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
A Daughter Changes Her Mind About Zodiac Killer's Identity
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.