Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Anderson Cooper's Mother
Lobbied to Be His Surrogate
Sep 25, 2021 5:20 PM CDT
Anderson Cooper's Mother Lobbied to Be His Surrogate
Picturing the tabloid headlines, the CNN anchor declined Gloria Vanderbilt's offer
- Anderson Cooper interviews people for a living, and he says he's used to keeping a straight face when they say crazy things. Plus, he points out, "I grew up with Gloria Vanderbilt." But Vanderbilt threw her son for a loop with an idea she had when she...
Aug 19, 2020 6:54 AM CDT
Anderson Cooper Takes the MyPillow Guy to Task
They feud over Mike Lindell's hawking of an unproven coronavirus cure
- Anderson Cooper is not too happy with the MyPillow creator. The CNN host had Mike Lindell on his show Tuesday night to discuss Lindell's unproven claim that oleander extract treats COVID-19—a claim the Trump supporter reportedly has shared with the president,
reports. "You have no...
on New Baby:
I'll Be 'Dad,' My
Ex Will Be 'Papa'
May 13, 2020 7:50 AM CDT
Anderson Cooper on New Baby: I'll Be 'Dad,' My Ex Will Be 'Papa'
CNN host explains to Howard Stern why former BF Benjamin Maisani is helping him raise little Wyatt
- Wyatt Morgan Cooper's most famous dad is Anderson Cooper, but he's got a second one who will help raise him as well. Per Page Six , the CNN anchor dished about his new son Tuesday on Howard Stern's SiriusXM radio show, and he told Stern that ex-boyfriend Benjamin...
Is a Dad
May 1, 2020 5:30 AM CDT
Anderson Cooper Is a Dad
CNN anchor announces birth of his son, Wyatt Morgan Cooper
- Anderson Cooper is a father, a milestone the CNN anchor says for a while he didn't believe would ever happen. Cooper announced the birth of his son, Wyatt, Thursday evening on his show and in a lengthy Instagram post . His son was born on Monday via a surrogate, the...
Anderson Cooper Says 'He
Wrote a Note,' Almost Loses It
Apr 25, 2020 1:30 PM CDT
Anderson Cooper Says 'He Wrote a Note,' Almost Loses It
The CNN anchor talks to Katie Coelho, whose husband died from the coronavirus
- Anderson Cooper was nearly overcome by emotion Friday while interviewing a woman whose 32-year-old husband died of the coronavirus and left a heart-wrenching note,
reports. "It's very surreal," Katie Coelho told the CNN host about her husband, Jonathan. "I keep thinking in my head, there’...
Cooper, Blagojevich Faced Off
Friday Night. It Wasn't Pretty
Feb 22, 2020 8:30 AM CST
Cooper, Blagojevich Faced Off Friday Night. It Wasn't Pretty
CNN anchor rips ex-Ill. governor over comparisons to Mandela, claims of 'corrupt prosecutors'
- Rod Blagojevich, whose 14-year prison sentence was cut short after eight years by President Trump this week, says he's "profoundly grateful" to Trump for doing so. One person who doesn't seem to share that sentiment: CNN's Anderson Cooper, who took the 63-year-old former Illinois governor to...
Alan Dershowitz Grilled
on New View of Impeachment
Jan 21, 2020 7:03 AM CST
Alan Dershowitz Grilled on New View of Impeachment
Trump attorney says he is 'far more correct now than I was then,' referring to 1998 view of Clinton
- Trump attorney Alan Dershowitz went on CNN Monday night and got into a memorable exchange with Anderson Cooper and Jeffrey Toobin over how his view of impeachment has changed since the days of Bill Clinton. Background and highlights:
“It certainly doesn’t have to be a crime,”
One of Vanderbilt's Sons
Said to Get Bulk of Her Fortune
Jul 2, 2019 12:41 PM CDT
One of Vanderbilt's Sons Said to Get Bulk of Her Fortune
She is survived by 3 sons
- Gloria Vanderbilt is survived by three sons. And the
New York Post
reports one of them is getting nearly everything she had. According to a will filed Monday in Manhattan surrogate court, Anderson Cooper will inherit the bulk of her estate. Her eldest son, Leopold "Stan" Stokowski, will get...
She Was Already Famous.
Then Came an Idea for Jeans
Jun 17, 2019 2:10 PM CDT
She Was Already Famous. Then Came an Idea for Jeans
Gloria Vanderbilt's snug line made her a household name in the 1970s
- Gloria Vanderbilt, an heiress who went on to have her own remarkable success in multiple fields, is dead at age 95 . One common denominator about the obituaries cataloging her life is that they need a lot of room, given that she had been making headlines since she was a child...
Anderson Cooper Reveals
Death of His Famous Mother
Jun 17, 2019 9:42 AM CDT
Anderson Cooper Reveals Death of His Famous Mother
Fashion icon Gloria Vanderbilt was 95
- Gloria Vanderbilt, the intrepid heiress, artist, and romantic who began her extraordinary life as the "poor little rich girl" of the Great Depression, survived family tragedy and multiple marriages, and reigned during the 1970s and '80s as a designer jeans pioneer, died Monday at the age of 95....
May 26, 2019 8:23 AM CDT
Cooper Isn't Buying Facebook's Answers on Pelosi Video
After 2016 campaign, site promised to police disinformation
- "Facebook has repeatedly told Congress and the American people that you’re serious about fighting disinformation and fake news," Anderson Cooper reminded a Facebook executive Friday in a CNN interview about an altered video that appeared to show House Speaker Nancy Pelosi drunk . "Yet this doctored video...
Who Will Be
to Die on
Apr 12, 2019 1:42 PM CDT
Who Will Be 2,340th Person to Die on
Final season of hit HBO show premieres Sunday, and fan theories are flying
- When Ned Stark was offed in the very first season of
Game of Thrones
, fans were shocked that the show would kill off, via decapitation, what was then perceived to be the main character. The reaction of Sean Bean, who played Stark, to his premature demise? "It was a...
on Trump Cause a Ruckus
Jan 7, 2019 2:12 PM CST
Ocasio-Cortez's Comments on Trump Cause a Ruckus
Congresswoman says there's 'no question' president is a racist
- The highest-profile member of the new Congress continues to make headlines, the latest coming in a Sunday interview with Anderson Cooper on
. In the interview, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez embraces the description of herself as a "radical" on issues including the environment and income inequality, but much of the...
Calls Out Trump Jr.
for 'Idiotic' Tweet
Sep 18, 2018 7:11 AM CDT
Anderson Cooper Calls Out Trump Jr. for 'Idiotic' Tweet
CNN host says president's son spread conspiracy theory about his hurricane coverage
- Anderson Cooper is taking exception to criticism of his hurricane coverage and took 10 minutes of his show Monday to call out the most prominent of those accusing him of "fake news," the
reports. "I rarely respond to online conspiracy theorists," Cooper noted on
Stormy Daniels' Strategy
Is Downright 'Trumpian'
Mar 26, 2018 1:23 PM CDT
Stormy Daniels' Strategy Is Downright 'Trumpian'
For one thing, she is unapologetic and won't be cowed
- One thing seems clear in the wake of the Stormy Daniels interview on
: People were interested. Preliminary ratings suggest the show earned its highest ratings in 10 years, reports Deadline . The overnight Nielsen share of 16.3 translates to more than 20 million households, notes media writer Brian...
What We Learned From
the Stormy Daniels Interview
Mar 26, 2018 6:33 AM CDT
What We Learned From the Stormy Daniels Interview
She won't say whether she has photos, messages
- Stormy Daniels' spoke out about her alleged affair with President Trump in a
interview that aired Sunday night—an interview that the
predicts will become "watercooler news" in offices around the country, and a major embarrassment for Trump. The biggest revelation in the interview with Anderson...
No Longer Friends
Aug 28, 2017 4:02 PM CDT
Kathy Griffin, Anderson Cooper No Longer Friends
Though he's been saying otherwise in multiple interviews
- Kathy Griffin's 17-year friendship with Anderson Cooper is over. In an extensive interview with The Cut about the fallout from the photo shoot in which she held up a bloody Donald Trump mask in late May, the comedian reveals that while four of Cooper's colleagues at CNN contacted...
Bites Anderson Cooper
Jun 15, 2017 3:40 PM CDT
'Anderson Cooper' Bites Anderson Cooper
A dog, and the CNN host were involved
- Anderson Cooper recently bit Anderson Cooper and pulled him to the ground. The Anderson Cooper doing the biting was a police dog in Norfolk, Va. The Anderson Cooper who was bitten was the CNN host. It was all thanks to his interest in Spike's K9 Fund , a nonprofit that...
Anderson Cooper Is Sorry
for That Trump Poop Joke
May 20, 2017 4:49 PM CDT
Anderson Cooper Is Sorry for That Trump Poop Joke
'If he took a dump on his desk, you would defend it'
- More like Anderson Pooper.
reports Anderson Cooper has apologized for using a bit of bathroom humor while interviewing Jeffrey Lord Friday on CNN. Lord, a CNN contributor and Trump supporter, was defending the president calling former FBI director James Comey a "nut job." Anderson, arguing there wasn'...
Conway Accuses Cooper
of Sexism Over Viral Eye Roll
May 11, 2017 3:28 PM CDT
Conway Accuses Cooper of Sexism Over Viral Eye Roll
She also says it wouldn't have happened if she was a Democrat
- Kellyanne Conway says Anderson Cooper wouldn't have rolled his eyes at her—a visual that went viral this week—if she wasn't specifically a woman who works for a Republican, per the
. Cooper had Conway on his CNN show Tuesday to respond to the firing of...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Crazy Homecoming Scandal May Result in Serious Jail Time
Food Prices May Spike Again, Thanks to a New Shortage
Stowaway Endures Over 2-Hour Flight Inside Plane Landing Gear
Fauci Says US Could Face 'Fifth Wave' as Omicron Spreads
Smash and Grab Turns Deadly for Former Officer
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.