Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Super Bowl ads
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jeep Pulls Super Bowl Ad
After Springsteen DWI Charge
Feb 11, 2021 12:12 AM CST
Jeep Pulls Super Bowl Ad After Springsteen DWI Charge
Ad is on pause until facts are established
- The Jeep ad featuring Bruce Springsteen that aired during the Super Bowl has now been pulled from the brand's social media following news of the rocker's November arrest on a DWI charge . While it "would be inappropriate for us to comment on the details of a matter...
24 of the Best Super Bowl Ads
Feb 8, 2021 5:01 AM CST
24 of the Best Super Bowl Ads
Including a 5-second spot from Reddit
- This year's Super Bowl may have been a little bit different thanks to the coronavirus pandemic (a lot of the "fans" in attendance were cardboard ), but one thing remained the same: the commercials were great. View some of the best in our gallery, or visit CNET and...
Is This the Worst
Feb 8, 2021 12:12 AM CST
Is This the Worst Super Bowl Commercial of 2021?
Or maybe Oatly actually ran the best one?
- There were some awesome Super Bowl commercials Sunday night, and then ... there was Oatly. Featuring the CEO of the oat milk company, Toni Petersson, in a field singing and playing along to a song he wrote about oat milk, BuzzFeed calls it "either the worst or best thing we'...
Budweiser Isn't Running
Super Bowl Ad. Instead, This
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jan 30, 2021 7:00 AM CST
Budweiser Isn't Running Super Bowl Ad. Instead, This
Brand will use marketing dollars to boost COVID vaccine awareness in new digital commercial
- One of the commercials people most look forward to on Super Bowl Sunday is the one from Budweiser—but this year, the Anheuser-Busch InBev brand is doing something a little different. Instead of its usual ad during the big game, it will be airing "Bigger Picture" digitally before and...
Most Talked About
Super Bowl Ads
Feb 3, 2020 6:23 AM CST
This Year's Most Talked About Super Bowl Ads
Mr. Peanut is apparently alive
- This year's Super Bowl featured dueling ads from President Trump and Michael Bloomberg—but there was a lot more buzz around Mr. Peanut. In a commercial that features in numerous lists of both the best and worst ads from the big game, mourners, including fellow mascots Mr. Clean and...
Was an Ad
Feb 2, 2020 6:32 PM CST
Mystery Over About Brady's Tweet: It Was an Ad
QB is a pitchman for Hulu
- Days before the Super Bowl, Tom Brady tweeted a moody, black-and-white photo that had everyone trying to figure out whether it was a clue to his football future. As it turns out, the photo was a tease to a Super Bowl commercial, one for Hulu that aired during the first...
Fox Accused of Scuttling
Super Bowl Commercial
Jan 31, 2020 10:35 AM CST
Fox Accused of Scuttling Super Bowl Commercial
PETA had it made as a call against 'speciesism'
- PETA says its Colin Kaepernick-themed ad for the Super Bowl is getting a frosty reception over at Fox and might not air at all, TMZ reports. The animal rights group's ad calls for an end to speciesism—in their words, to "challenge people to expand their concept of...
Super Bowl Ad
Jan 30, 2020 11:00 AM CST
Bloomberg Unveils His $10M Super Bowl Ad
Spot will focus on gun violence
- We already knew Michael Bloomberg was shelling out $10 million of his own money to buy a Super Bowl ad . On Thursday, the 2020 candidate unveiled the 60-second spot in advance, and its focus is on gun violence. (Watch it here .) The ad features Calandrian Simpson Kemp, whose 20-year-old...
CEO Takes Out
$6M Super Bowl Ad
About His Dog
Jan 30, 2020 8:44 AM CST
CEO Takes Out $6M Super Bowl Ad About His Dog
David MacNeil hopes viewers donate to veterinary research
- WeatherTech's unofficial mascot, Scout, appeared in the auto accessories company's 2019 Super Bowl ad . And the 7-year-old golden retriever is back for 2020, both because of and in spite of an aggressive cancer treatment carried out at the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine. Scout's owner,...
Dead at 104
Jan 22, 2020 2:08 PM CST
Planters' Mr. Peanut Dead at 104
His funeral will be held in the form of a Super Bowl ad
- "It is with heavy hearts that we confirm that Mr. Peanut has died at 104. In the ultimate selfless act, he sacrificed himself to save his friends when they needed him most. Please pay your respects with #RIPeanut." That's the official word from the Twitter account of...
It Will Be a Super Bowl First,
but Unrelated to Football
Jan 9, 2020 6:23 AM CST
It Will Be a Super Bowl First, but Unrelated to Football
Bloomberg, Trump spending $10M apiece in unprecedented ads
- We don't yet know yet which teams will be playing in the Super Bowl, but Bloomberg vs. Trump is already lined up. After news surfaced that Michael Bloomberg would shell out $10 million for 60 seconds worth of advertising during the game, the Trump campaign has matched the effort,...
to Send One
Jan 7, 2020 2:45 PM CST
Bloomberg Just Dropped About $10M to Send One Message
The Democratic presidential hopeful bought a 60-second, national Super Bowl ad
- Michael Bloomberg might just get your attention on Super Bowl Sunday—if, that is, you like watching the ads. The Democratic presidential hopeful has dished out big bucks for a 60-second commercial his campaign says will focus on criticizing President Trump, the
New York Times
reports. "The biggest point...
Beer Titans Go to War
Over 'Corn Syrup' Ad
Mar 22, 2019 6:01 AM CDT
Beer Titans Go to War Over 'Corn Syrup' Ad
MillerCoors lawsuit claims Bud Light ad purposefully misleads consumers
- Medieval kings have sparked a legal battle between beer titans. MillerCoors is suing Anheuser-Busch over a "misleading," minute-long Super Bowl ad emphasizing the use of corn syrup in making both Coors Light and Miller Lite. The ad shows Bud Light's "king" visiting his fellow monarchs at...
Bud Light Super Bowl Ad
Delivers Epic Surprise
Feb 4, 2019 6:50 AM CST
Bud Light Super Bowl Ad Delivers Epic Surprise
Here are this year's most talked-about ads
- The ads provided some much-needed entertainment during the lowest-scoring Super Bowl in history —especially a Bud Light ad that took a very dark turn. The ad, set at a medieval jousting match, was "hijacked" by HBO's
Game of Thrones
to promote its final season, with the skull-crushing...
Is Back on TV—
for 43 Seconds
Jan 28, 2019 10:15 AM CST
Carrie Bradshaw Is Back on TV— for 43 Seconds
She's joined by 'The Dude'
- It's the day
Sex and the City
fans have dreamed of: Carrie Bradshaw is back on TV—albeit briefly, and thanks to the Super Bowl. Sarah Jessica Parker is co-starring in a 43-second ad for Stella Artois beer, and the character starring opposite her is pretty well-known, too: that...
CBS Refuses to Air Medical Pot
Ad During Super Bowl
Jan 22, 2019 1:48 PM CST
CBS Refuses to Air Medical Pot Ad During Super Bowl
Says current network broadcast standards do not allow it
- Even John Boehner's backing apparently wasn't enough to convince CBS to accept a medical marijuana ad during the Super Bowl. Acreage Holdings, the cannabis company for which the former House speaker is a board member , says it sent the network a rough outline of the proposed commercial and...
Ram Trucks Face Backlash
Over MLK Super Bowl Ad
Feb 5, 2018 6:21 AM CST
Ram Trucks Face Backlash Over MLK Super Bowl Ad
Company had the year's most controversial ad
- During this year's Super Bowl, advertisers mostly played it safe—apart from Fiat Chrysler, which faced a major backlash after using a Martin Luther King Jr. speech in an ad for Dodge Ram trucks. "Recognize that he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. That's...
Chief of 84 Lumber
Speaks Out on
Super Bowl Ad
Feb 7, 2017 5:19 AM CST
Chief of 84 Lumber Speaks Out on Super Bowl Ad
She's pro-Trump, pro-border wall
- The company owner who signed off on one of the Super Bowl's most controversial ads says she is pro-President Trump and pro-border wall—despite the 84 Lumber ad 's depiction of a Hispanic mother and daughter finding a door in the wall. Maggie Hardy Magerko tells
Airbnb Follows Super Bowl Ad
With Call to House 100K
Feb 6, 2017 8:15 AM CST
Airbnb Follows Super Bowl Ad With Call to House 100K
Company also will donate $4M to International Rescue Committee
- Airbnb is following up its Super Bowl ad calling for acceptance with a campaign to provide short-term housing over the next five years for 100,000 people in need, reports the AP . An announcement on the rental service's website says it plans to start with refugees, disaster survivors, and...
Here Are This Year's
Super Bowl Ads
Feb 6, 2017 6:11 AM CST
Here Are This Year's Most Talked-About Super Bowl Ads
Ad breaks were no escape from politics
- This year's crop of Super Bowl ads included the usual range of funny, corny, and weird commercials—but there was no escaping 2017's political upheaval. This year's most talked about ad was 84 Lumber's ad " The Journey ," which told the story of a mother...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Mom's Text to Suspected Shooter: 'Ethan Don't Do It'
Parents of Shooting Suspect Are Considered Fugitives
Plumber Finds Cash Stashed Behind Megachurch Wall
Chef Sentenced to 4 Months for 'Rushed' Shepherd's Pie
Aariel Maynor Arrested in Jacqueline Avant Murder
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.