Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
DC Just Sued Grubhub
Mar 22, 2022 2:01 PM CDT
DC Just Sued Grubhub
Food delivery service accused of deceptive practices
- The District of Columbia is suing meal delivery company Grubhub, saying it misled customers with a promotion that claimed to help restaurants during the height of the pandemic. The lawsuit, filed Monday, also alleges that Grubhub deceives customers by obscuring added fees and failing to disclose that its prices for...
William Barr to GOP:
Time to Let Trump Go
Feb 28, 2022 8:29 AM CST
William Barr to GOP: Time to Let Trump Go
Former attorney general slams his former boss in new memoir as unfit to lead
- The latest book on the presidency of Donald Trump comes from an inside source, and it surely won't please Trump. Former Attorney General William Barr's soon-to-be-released memoir is called
One Damn Thing After Another
, and various outlets are highlighting passages in which Barr lays into his former boss...
Dec 20, 2021 10:25 AM CST
Trump Just Sued New York's Attorney General
He says Letitia James' investigation of him is politically biased
Donald Trump is suing the attorney general of New York over her investigation of his business empire, reports the
New York Times
. The former president says the inquiry by Letitia James violates his constitutional rights because it's politically motivated. "Her mission is guided solely by political animus...
Mich. School Rejects AG's
Offer to Investigate Shooting
Dec 7, 2021 6:48 AM CST
Mich. School Rejects AG's Offer to Investigate Shooting
Dana Nessel suggests officials concerned about 'shielding themselves from civil liability'
- Officials at Oxford High School have rejected an offer by the Michigan attorney general to lead an independent review of the actions leading up to the Nov. 30 shooting. Suspected shooter Ethan Crumbley and his parents were called to the office that day after a teacher spotted a graphic drawing...
Probe Into AG
Nov 10, 2021 12:58 PM CST
SD House Launches an 'Unprecedented' Probe Into AG
No state official there has been impeached; that may change with Jason Ravnsborg case
- South Dakota's House launched an investigation Tuesday into whether the state's attorney general should be impeached for his conduct surrounding a car crash last year that killed a pedestrian. A sizable majority of the Republican-dominated House voted to have a committee prepare a report and recommend whether Attorney...
Illegal Pot Edibles Are Packaged
as Name-Brand Snacks
Oct 28, 2021 5:31 PM CDT
Illegal Pot Edibles Are Packaged as Name-Brand Snacks
California warns about potent cannabis products: 'These Aren’t Doritos'
- California Attorney General Rob Bonta issued a consumer alert Thursday about illegal, potent cannabis edibles for sale that are being packaged to look like snack and candy brands popular with children and teens. The edibles are being sold online and at California unlicensed shops, the AP reports. They often contain...
AG on Texas
'We Will Not
Sep 6, 2021 1:00 PM CDT
AG on Texas Abortion Move: 'We Will Not Tolerate Violence'
Merrick Garland says DOJ will enforce FACE Act to protect women's constitutional right to abortion
- The Justice Department said Monday that it won't tolerate violence against anyone who's trying to obtain an abortion in Texas as federal officials explore options to challenge a new state law that bans most abortions. Attorney General Merrick Garland said the Justice Department would "protect those seeking...
'Say the Election Was Corrupt,
(and) Leave the Rest to Me'
Jul 30, 2021 1:21 PM CDT
'Say the Election Was Corrupt, (and) Leave the Rest to Me'
Newly released notes reveal Trump's pressure on the Justice Department
- Newly released notes reveal the personal pressure then-President Trump put on his Justice Department to overturn the election, reports the
. The notes were taken by Richard Donoghue, a top aide to acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, who was present for some of the phone calls Trump placed to...
Emails Show Trump's
Big Push to Overturn Election
Jun 15, 2021 10:15 AM CDT
Emails Show Trump's Big Push to Overturn Election
Former president pressured top Justice Department officials to hold up results
- A newly released batch of emails show that former President Trump and top aides were using all the leverage of the White House in their late-hour push to block the results of the 2020 election. Specifically, Trump and chief of staff Mark Meadows pleaded with Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen—...
State AG Steps Down
Amid Affair Rumors
May 26, 2021 6:10 PM CDT
State AG Steps Down Amid Affair Rumors
Oklahoma AG Mike Hunter cites 'certain personal matters'
- Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter abruptly announced his resignation Wednesday, saying, "Certain personal matters that are becoming public will become a distraction for this office." He said his resignation will be effective June 1, KOCO reports. According to the
, the "personal matters" include an alleged affair...
'Straight Shooter' Garland
Is Our New Attorney General
Mar 10, 2021 2:27 PM CST
'Straight Shooter' Garland Is Our New Attorney General
McConnell was among the Republicans who voted to confirm Biden nominee
- There's a new attorney general in town—and a new vacancy on the DC Circuit Court of Appeals. Merrick Garland, the court's chief judge, was confirmed as attorney general in a 70-30 Senate vote Wednesday, CBS reports. The confirmation comes almost five years to the day after former...
Pedestrian's Glasses Found in
State AG's Car After Fatal Crash
Feb 24, 2021 9:15 AM CST
Pedestrian's Glasses Found in State AG's Car After Fatal Crash
Jason Ravnsborg now facing possible impeachment in South Dakota
- "His face was in your windshield, Jason." That was among the commentary that South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg had to contend with during two interviews with law enforcement days after the Sept. 12 crash in which he struck and killed a pedestrian. Gov. Kristi Noem released videos...
Garland to Senators: 'I Am Not
the President's Lawyer'
Feb 22, 2021 12:20 PM CST
Garland to Senators: 'I Am Not the President's Lawyer'
in Senate confirmation hearing, he says Capitol riot inquiry would be his top priority
- Five years after Barack Obama nominated him to the Supreme Court, Judge Merrick Garland is finally getting a Senate confirmation hearing—for a different role. Garland, nominated to be President Biden's attorney general , told the Senate Judiciary Committee Monday that his first priority would be the investigation of the...
State AG Hit With
Charges in Deadly Crash
Feb 19, 2021 7:52 AM CST
State AG Hit With Charges in Deadly Crash
Jason Ravnsborg charged with 3 misdemeanors after hitting pedestrian Joseph Boever
- South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg will see three misdemeanor charges, not felony ones, after he hit and killed pedestrian Joseph Boever, 55, in September. Ravnsborg said he initially thought he'd hit a deer on a dark rural road, but he didn't find one in a search; when...
Biden Confirms He's
Going With Merrick Garland
Jan 7, 2021 5:33 AM CST
Biden Confirms He's Going With Merrick Garland
Says his pick for attorney general will 'restore the independence of the department'
- President-elect Joe Biden has announced Merrick Garland as his pick for attorney general, saying the federal appeals court judge and three others he has selected for senior Justice Department positions will "restore the independence of the department so it serves the interests of the people not a presidency" and...
State AG's Fate Could Hinge
on Unusual Piece of Debris
Dec 30, 2020 12:31 PM CST
State AG's Fate Could Hinge on Unusual Piece of Debris
Jason Ravnsborg was involved in a fatal crash on Sept. 12
- South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg struck and killed a pedestrian while driving on Sept. 12—and 3 1/2 months later, prosecutors have yet to decide whether to charge Ravnsborg in the matter, to the displeasure of Gov. Kristi Noem. "To have more than 100 days go by without...
New Statements by Outgoing
Barr Won't Please Trump
Dec 21, 2020 11:00 AM CST
New Statements by Outgoing Barr Won't Please Trump
Attorney general says no need for special counsels on election fraud or Hunter Biden
- William Barr's last day as attorney general is Wednesday, and he's going out in a way that surely won't please President Trump. In a news conference Monday, Barr said he saw no reason to appoint a special counsel to investigate claims of election fraud or the business...
10 States Make a Big
Accusation Against 'Goliath'
Dec 16, 2020 6:06 PM CST
10 States Make a Big Accusation Against 'Goliath'
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton lines up a lawsuit
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton on Wednesday announced a multistate lawsuit against Google, accusing the search giant of "anti-competitive conduct" in the online advertising industry, the AP reports. Paxton said Google is using its "monopolistic power" to control pricing of online advertisements, fixing the market in its favor...
Trump Says Barr Has Resigned
Dec 14, 2020 5:12 PM CST
Trump Says Barr Has Resigned
'He has done an outstanding job!'
- Minutes after California's Electoral College votes made President-elect Joe Biden's victory official , President Trump made a big announcement—but it wasn't a concession. Trump said Attorney General William Barr has resigned and will be leaving his administration as of Dec. 23, reports Reuters . "Just had a...
Hunter Biden Says He Is
Facing Federal Investigation
Dec 9, 2020 4:40 PM CST
Hunter Biden Says He Is Facing Federal Investigation
US Attorney's office in Delaware is looking into his tax affairs
- Hunter Biden, son of President-elect Joe Biden, confirmed Wednesday that his tax affairs are under federal investigation. "I learned yesterday for the first time that the US Attorney's Office in Delaware advised my legal counsel, also yesterday, that they are investigating my tax affairs," he said in...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Planned Fix for Sinking Tower Hits Big Snag
Dubya Makes 'Freudian Slip of the Century'
Terrified Buffalo Store Worker Called 911. She Says Dispatcher Hung Up
Man Marks 50 Years of Eating Big Macs Daily
'Payton, You're a Coward!'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.