Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
More Major Brands
Join Exodus Out of Russia
Mar 9, 2022 12:17 AM CST
More Major Brands Join Exodus Out of Russia
Pepsi. Coca-Cola, Starbucks, GE are suspending businesses
- McDonald's, Starbucks, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, and General Electric—ubiquitous global brands and symbols of US corporate might—all announced Tuesday they were temporarily suspending their business in Russia in response to the country's invasion of Ukraine. McDonald's said it will temporarily close 850 stores but keep paying its...
Coca-Cola Decides to
Tweak One of Its Recipes
Jul 20, 2021 10:56 AM CDT
Coca-Cola Decides to Tweak One of Its Recipes
Coke Zero's ingredients will stay the same, though
- If you remember New Coke with a shudder, brace yourself: Coca-Cola is once again tweaking one of its recipes, this time that of Coke Zero. The
New York Times
reports the company on Tuesday said the changes would be made in pursuit of delivering "an even more iconic Coke...
Coca-Cola Runs Into Issues
With Its Make-Your-Own Label
Jun 24, 2021 2:11 AM CDT
Coca-Cola Runs Into Issues With Its Make-Your-Own Label
Though the company says it has an explanation
- "Black Lives Matter" is not allowed but "White Lives Matter" or "Blue Lives Matter" is? No "Hitler" or "Nazi," but "I am Hitler" or "I am a Nazi" is fine? "Gay Pride" is a no-go but "White Pride" is acceptable?...
This Soda 'Did
Its Job.' Now
It's Time to Go
Oct 16, 2020 11:30 AM CDT
This Soda 'Did Its Job.' Now It's Time to Go
Coca-Cola is cutting diet drink Tab from its portfolio after nearly 60 years
- Rarely does a company keep selling a product that barely makes a dent in sales. For decades, though, Coca-Cola kept churning out Tab, a saccharin-sweetened beverage that once ruled the diet soda category, purely for the drink's obsessive fan base, who became known as "Tabaholics"—even after...
2 More Companies
Aug 28, 2020 1:19 PM CDT
2 More Companies Announce Layoffs
MGM Resorts and Coca-Cola join the list
- Two more big companies announced layoffs on Friday:
will lay off 18,000 people as the casino industry struggles to recover. That represents about a quarter of the company's American workforce of 68,000 before the pandemic took hold, reports the
Wall Street Journal
Coke Has Awful Quarter,
but There's an Upside
Jul 21, 2020 11:05 AM CDT
Coke Has Awful Quarter, but There's an Upside
Company thinks worst of the pandemic-related losses are over
- Coca-Cola just saw its quarterly revenue drop by the largest amount in at least three decades, reports CNBC . In normal times, a 28% plunge to $7.2 billion would be catastrophic. In pandemic times, the overall earnings report from the company is seen as "upbeat," per MarketWatch . Shares...
Here's Why Coca-Cola
Won't Ditch Plastic Bottles
Jan 22, 2020 11:43 AM CST
Here's Why Coca-Cola Won't Ditch Plastic Bottles
Soft drink behemoth says it's because of consumer demand
- Coca-Cola apparently believes "the customer is always right"—so much so that the soft drink giant is refusing to stop producing its plastic soda bottles. The company, which the BBC notes was deemed the "most polluting brand" in a global audit of plastic waste last year, churns...
He Fell in His
5 Days, He
Aug 10, 2019 10:15 AM CDT
He Fell in His Home. For 5 Days, He Survived on One Thing
Elderly man could only reach Cokes on the floor next to him
- Some people drink Coke with their lunch, some as a midday refresher, even some for breakfast in place of warmer caffeinated beverages. For an elderly Virginia man, it was all he consumed for five days straight after a fall in his Arlington home last month, per Fox News . It was...
New Coke Is Coming Back
May 21, 2019 2:34 PM CDT
New Coke Is Coming Back
Just 500K cans of it though, thanks to 'Stranger Things'
- New Coke was infamously unpopular , and yet something tells us the 500,000 cans Coca-Cola will soon be making available will go pretty quickly. The widely detested soda was introduced as the new version of the beloved beverage in 1985, but the original version was quickly brought back due to...
Delta, Coke Blasted
Over New Napkins
in case you missed it
Feb 10, 2019 9:27 AM CST
Delta, Coke Blasted Over New Napkins
Companies apologize after encouraging people to write down phone numbers for 'plane crush'
- Delta Air Lines and Coca-Cola say they were just trying to encourage a little "old school flirting." Complaining passengers had a different take: "creepy." The companies have pulled Diet Coke napkins (see them here ) that encouraged people to write down their phone number on them...
Coca-Cola's Next Frontier
Might Involve Marijuana
Sep 17, 2018 11:50 AM CDT
Coca-Cola's Next Frontier Might Involve Marijuana
Company reportedly in talks with Canadian firm over cannabis-infused drinks
- Coca-Cola's next big line of products might revolve around a more adult beverage. Bloomberg reports that Coke is in partnership talks with a Canadian company called Aurora Cannabis, the possible outcome being health drinks infused with cannabis and marketed as remedies for ailments such as cramping and inflammation. Neither...
Mean Pricier Coke
Jul 26, 2018 8:21 AM CDT
Trump's Tariffs Mean Pricier Coke
Hit on aluminum imports is one factor
- President Trump's favored Diet Cokes will be climbing in price as a result of recently imposed tariffs. Coca-Cola says it's raising prices for several reasons, including new tariffs on aluminum imports. "We had to take with our bottling partners an increase [in prices] on our sparkling beverage...
Coke's Newest Offering
Has Booze in It
Mar 7, 2018 1:13 PM CST
Coke's Newest Offering Has Booze in It
But you'll have to go to Japan to sample Chu-Hi
- Coke: the pause that intoxicates. At least in Japan, where the Coca-Cola Co. will now offer a boozy carbonated beverage called Chu-Hi. The
reports this "alcopop" will be made up of fizzy water, flavoring, and a distilled Japanese alcohol called shochu, which
has described as "the...
New Diet Coke Flavors
Bow to Millennial Whims
Jan 11, 2018 4:33 PM CST
New Diet Coke Flavors Bow to Millennial Whims
'Millennials are now thirstier than ever'
- It appears soda-makers are getting increasingly desperate to hook young people on their product. On Wednesday, Coca-Cola announced four new flavors of Diet Coke—Twisted Mango, Feisty Cherry, Ginger Lime, and Zesty Blood Orange—expressly targeting Millennials, CNN reports. "Millennials are now thirstier than ever for adventures and new...
Japanese Are Drinking Coke
With Laxative Ingredient
Jan 8, 2018 9:45 AM CST
Japanese Are Drinking Coke With Laxative Ingredient
Coca-Cola Plus has a 'Foods for Specified Health Uses' designation
- Those who grab a Coca-Cola Plus in Japan are definitely getting something extra: a laxative and the government's seal of approval. The
Wall Street Journal
reports on the unlikely sounding "health drink," which has qualified as a "Foods for Specified Health Uses" (FOSHU) product, meaning it...
Restaurant Robbed by
Gun-Wielding Coke Bottle
Sep 27, 2017 6:14 PM CDT
Restaurant Robbed by Gun-Wielding Coke Bottle
Police looking for suspect in holdup of a Kentucky Rally's
- The fizz, er fuzz, are on the trail of a man who robbed a Kentucky restaurant at gunpoint while dressed as a bottle of Coca-Cola, the Smoking Gun reports. Police says the suspect entered a Rally's in Henderson shortly before 7am Monday and confronted a manager, who was the...
Only 3 Non-Tech Brands
Make 'Most Valuable' Top 10
Sep 25, 2017 10:25 AM CDT
Only 3 Non-Tech Brands Make 'Most Valuable' Top 10
Apple is No. 1, followed by Google and Microsoft
- If you wanted to create a brand from scratch and make it a valued household name, the tech sector is probably a good place to start. Per
, Interbrand looked at some of the world's biggest brands, then ranked their value—and seven that made it into the...
Coca-Cola Offering $1M
For New Sugar Substitute
Sep 4, 2017 1:20 PM CDT
Coca-Cola Offering $1M For New Sugar Substitute
The company hopes crowdsourcing will help it deal with sugar backlash
- Crowdsourcing and cutting back on sugar are two popular trends these days, and one major American company has had the clever idea of combining the two in order to improve its bottom line. Coca-Cola has announced the "Sweetener Challenge," a competition for researchers and scientists to come up...
Enjoy Your Coke Zero
While You Can, America
Jul 26, 2017 3:42 PM CDT
Enjoy Your Coke Zero While You Can, America
Coca-Cola is replacing Coke Zero with new-ish Coca-Cola Zero Sugar
- Don't call it "New Coke Zero."
reports Coca-Cola will begin phasing out Coke Zero in the US next month, replacing it with the new Coca-Cola Zero Sugar. But the new soda isn't actually all that new. Coca-Cola states it experimented with the recipe for...
Enough to Have
Been in Can
Apr 27, 2017 5:18 PM CDT
Coca-Cola: Mouse Not Decomposed Enough to Have Been in Can
South Dakota man is suing after allegedly finding mouse in his Coke
- A South Dakota man who claims to have found a mouse in a can of soda is suing Coca-Cola, saying he missed 60 hours of work and accumulated $1,000 in medical bills after becoming ill, the AP reports. Coca-Cola attorneys contend the mouse should have been more decomposed because...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Planned Fix for Sinking Tower Hits Big Snag
Dubya Makes 'Freudian Slip of the Century'
Terrified Buffalo Store Worker Called 911. She Says Dispatcher Hung Up
Man Marks 50 Years of Eating Big Macs Daily
'Payton, You're a Coward!'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.