Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
After Positive Test,
Aaron Rodgers Is Under Fire
Nov 4, 2021 12:46 PM CDT
After Positive Test, Aaron Rodgers Is Under Fire
Packers QB claimed to be 'immunized,' but he wasn't vaccinated
- When reporters asked Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in August if he'd been vaccinated, he said, "Yeah, I've been immunized," adding, "There's guys on the team that haven't been vaccinated. I think it's a personal decision." But on Wednesday, NFL....
What Fauci Thinks
About Pfizer Vaccine
Nov 10, 2020 12:41 AM CST
What Fauci Thinks About Pfizer Vaccine
'Extraordinary,' he says, and explains why the news is doubly good
- Anthony Fauci isn't mincing words when it comes to the coronavirus vaccine Pfizer has on the horizon . "The results are really quite good, I mean extraordinary," said the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. He added that that might also be good news...
If You Get Vaccinated,
You Should Collect $1K
Sep 10, 2020 4:37 PM CDT
If You Get Vaccinated, You Should Collect $1K
Economists make the case that the incentive is necessary and a wise COVID investment
- An economist is backing a provocative idea on a COVID vaccine: Anyone who gets a shot should receive $1,000 from the government. So argues Harvard's N. Gregory Mankiw in a
New York Times
op-ed. Mankiw is actually writing in support of a proposal first floated by fellow economist...
Russia Will Start Mass
COVID Vaccinations in October
Aug 3, 2020 3:05 AM CDT
Russia Will Start Mass COVID Vaccinations in October
Despite the fact that clinical trials are not yet complete
- Clinical trials are not yet complete, but Russia plans to roll out a nationwide COVID-19 vaccination campaign in October. Teachers and health care workers will be the first to get the coronavirus vaccine currently being developed by Moscow's Gamaleya Institute, which is reportedly set to begin Phase III trials—...
Fauci Has Good News,
Not as Good News on Vaccine
Jun 3, 2020 1:52 AM CDT
Fauci Has Good News, Not as Good News on Vaccine
He says we should have hundreds of millions of doses by 2021, but how long will immunity last?
- Dr. Anthony Fauci offered some hopeful comments Tuesday amid the coronavirus pandemic: By the end of the year, the US should have 100 million doses of one of the candidate COVID-19 vaccines, he said during a live Q&A. "Then, by the beginning of 2021, we hope to have...
Drop in Vaccinations
'Could Set Us Back Years'
May 19, 2020 9:25 AM CDT
Drop in Vaccinations 'Could Set Us Back Years'
CDC warns of possible measles outbreak
- The CDC is warning about possible outbreaks of diseases, including measles, as immunizations fall amid the coronavirus pandemic. The organization analyzed immunization data on children in Michigan up to the age of 2, finding a drop in vaccinations for all diseases except hepatitis B—a vaccine typically administered in hospitals...
Strange Results After
Sparks Vaccine Probe
Mar 9, 2020 6:08 PM CDT
Strange Results After Pediatrician's Suicide Sparks Vaccine Probe
Some former patients lack immunity they thought they would have; others don't
- An Illinois sheriff's office investigating the vaccination practices of a deceased Chicago-area pediatrician announced Monday that tests have revealed several of the doctor's former patients lack immunity to diseases against which they or their parents believed they had been vaccinated, the AP reports. The Cook County Sheriff's...
Doctor Makes Vaccine
Confession in Suicide Note
Feb 12, 2020 12:16 PM CST
Doctor Makes Vaccine Confession in Suicide Note
Authorities are concerned Dr. Van Koinis was falsifying vaccine records
- When a pediatrician in the suburbs of Chicago committed suicide last year, he left behind an odd suicide note—and now authorities are asking the public for help. Dr. Van Koinis, whose practice was in Evergreen Park, Illinois, indicated in his note that he had been "averse" to vaccinations,...
Get Vaccinated or Don't Return
From Break, Students Told
Dec 29, 2019 8:15 AM CST
Get Vaccinated or Don't Return From Break, Students Told
Schools will exclude those out of compliance after break, as state law requires
- Seattle public schools has given parents and students an assignment and a deadline. Students must have required vaccinations by Jan. 8, or they won't be allowed back in school after break. Many are not in compliance with measles, mumps, and rubella, KIRO reports. “I think they did the...
50 Kids, Babies Dead
in Measles Outbreak
Dec 2, 2019 7:21 AM CST
50 Kids, Babies Dead in Measles Outbreak
Samoa has mandated everyone on the island nation get vaccinated
- Samoa’s government said Monday that another five children had died within the past day from a measles outbreak, bringing the death toll from the epidemic to more than 50 as authorities race to vaccinate the entire population, the AP reports. Samoa declared a national emergency last month and mandated...
Sep 29, 2019 2:45 PM CDT
Their Babies Died. The Anti-Vaxx Movement Used Them
They contact 'parents who have lost children, giving them false information and false hope'
- As Catelin Clobes frantically spoke to a 911 dispatcher the morning of March 1, one thing she said was, "This can't be real. This is because she was sleeping with me." She had woken up to find her 6-month-old daughter, Evee, cold and unresponsive beside her in...
Forced to Clarify
Her Vaccination Stance
Jun 13, 2019 12:52 PM CDT
Jessica Biel Forced to Clarify Her Vaccination Stance
Actress isn't anti-vax, she's just against the California vaccine bill
- Jessica Biel is not anti-vaccination. The actress was forced to clarify that after appearing with Robert F. Kennedy Jr.—who
an anti-vaxxer—at the California statehouse Tuesday to lobby against a vaccination bill currently under consideration in the state legislature. California requires certain vaccinations in order for children...
RFK Jr. Is
May 8, 2019 5:40 PM CDT
We're All Family. But RFK Jr. Is So Wrong
Three Kennedys resist his anti-vaccination claims
- With measles on the rise again, three voices are standing up to Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s claims about vaccines—and they're all Kennedys. "We love Bobby," write siblings Kathleen Kennedy Townsend and Joseph Kennedy II, and niece Maeve Kennedy McKean, at Politico . "...However, on...
Hundreds Oppose California's
Mandatory Vaccines Proposal
Apr 24, 2019 6:24 PM CDT
Hundreds Oppose California's Mandatory Vaccines Proposal
As measles cases in US hit 25-year high
- As news broke Wednesday that US measles cases have hit their highest mark in 25 years, a proposed vaccine law in California was drawing massive opposition. Details:
Officials in hard-hit New York City on Wednesday reported 61 new cases since late last week, in what would make this the nation'
Parents Fight 'Irrational' Rule on
Measles, Judge Pushes Back
Mar 14, 2019 8:17 AM CDT
Parents Fight 'Irrational' Rule on Measles, Judge Pushes Back
NY officials say 'exclusion order' stops spread of disease; judge agrees
- No measles cases have been confirmed at the Green Meadow Waldorf School—and health officials in Rockland County, NY, where there's been an "unprecedented" outbreak, want to keep it that way. A federal judge agreed Tuesday, denying a request by parents of more than three dozen unvaccinated kids...
Family's Trip to Vietnam
Leaves Unpleasant Souvenir
in case you missed it
Feb 23, 2019 9:30 AM CST
Family's Trip to Vietnam Leaves Unpleasant Souvenir
Canadian dad of 3 boys showing measles symptoms said they weren't vaccinated
- A Canadian father now realizes that a long-held belief isn't true, but that hasn't stopped his three sons from ending up in the middle of a measles outbreak in Vancouver. Emmanuel Bilodeau tells the CBC that when his children were born more than a decade ago, he and...
His Mom Is an Anti-Vaxxer.
At 18, He Got His Shots
Feb 12, 2019 10:55 AM CST
His Mom Is an Anti-Vaxxer. At 18, He Got His Shots
'It was like he was spitting on me,' says mother of Ohio's Ethan Lindenberger
- Ethan Lindenberger grew up in Norwalk, Ohio, with an anti-vaxxer mom who refused to get him his shots. Now that he's 18, Lindenberger is making headlines for his decision to defy his mother and get vaccinated, reports
. "My parents think vaccines are some kind of government...
Dozens Dead in
EU in 'Astounding'
Aug 21, 2018 8:17 AM CDT
Dozens Dead in EU in 'Astounding' Measles Outbreak
There's been an uptick in US, too
- Some not-great news out of the World Health Organization regarding one of the most contagious viruses around. Per the BBC , a record number of measles patients has been recorded in the European Union, with last year's nearly 24,000 cases being surpassed by this year's 41,000 figure....
10 States With Lowest
Aug 22, 2016 5:35 PM CDT
10 States With Lowest Vaccination Rates
Wyoming gets worst marks
- Concerned about the anti-vaccination movement? Check out 24/7 Wall St. , which ranks all 50 states by their vaccination rates. The 10 with the worst:
: 72.8% of infants and toddlers have received the recommended dosage of the DTaP immunization, and 34.3% of adults get inoculated against influenza.
Refusal to Vaccinate
Tied to Resurgence
of Measles, Pertussis
Mar 15, 2016 6:05 PM CDT
Refusal to Vaccinate Tied to Resurgence of Measles, Pertussis
More than half of recent measles cases appeared in unvaccinated people: study
- Wondering what's behind recent outbreaks of measles and whooping cough in the US? Perhaps not surprisingly, a new study published in JAMA finds that people who don't vaccinate—for non-medical reasons—contribute to the problem, Reuters reports. Since measles was declared eliminated in the US in 2000, there...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Oscars Reviewing Rules After Controversial Nomination
Dallas Zoo Adds Another Mystery to the List
Woman Allegedly Killed Lookalike She Found on Instagram
TikTok Trend Leads to More Bad News for Kia, Hyundai Owners
With Laverne, Cindy Williams Skipped Through Milwaukee
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.