Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Decision: 'There Is
White Smoke Over Culver City'
Jul 28, 2022 6:21 AM CDT
Decision: 'There Is White Smoke Over Culver City'
Mayim Bialik, Ken Jennings named official 'Jeopardy!' hosts
has finally landed on who will permanently helm the show, and the decision won't come as a big shock. "It’s official! There is white smoke over Culver City," tweeted Ken Jennings in sharing the announcement that he and fellow temporary co-host Mayim Bialik are staying...
Settles on Co-Hosts
for Rest of the Season
Dec 9, 2021 12:25 AM CST
Settles on Co-Hosts for Rest of the Season
Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings will continue to split the duties
Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings will continue to co-host
for the remainder of the current season, the iconic game show's 38th. Michael Davies, who replaced Mike Richards as executive producer, will also continue in that role, the show announced. The season runs until July 29, 2022, Deadline...
Sep 14, 2021 9:25 AM CDT
Blink and You'll Miss Mike Richards'
He's out as host (and executive producer), but shows already taped with him began airing Monday
- The very brief Mike Richards era on
began Monday as the beleaguered game show dealt with the embarrassment of opening its 38th season with a host that its fans already know is toast. Richards stepped down as Alex Trebek's replacement on Aug. 20, then was ousted as the...
Loses His Other Job
Aug 31, 2021 12:20 PM CDT
Host Loses His Other Job
Mike Richards is out as executive producer of the show, too
- Mike Richards probably wishes he’d never ventured on stage. Before this summer, Richards was a guy nobody had ever heard of. Sure, he was a game show executive producer, working for
Wheel of Fortune
, but how many of those can the average TV watcher name? Then, he...
Now Facing Calls
to Resign From
Aug 26, 2021 8:43 AM CDT
Mayim Bialik Now Facing Calls to Resign From
Actor, podcaster under fire for past comments on parenting, vaccines
- Executive producer Mike Richards resigned as permanent host of
last week, after only a day of filming, over newly resurfaced comments about women and Jews, leaving Mayim Bialik, selected as permanent host for prime-time specials, in the role of interim host. But as EJ Dickson writes at
Back Guest Hosts
Aug 23, 2021 6:55 PM CDT
Is Bringing Back Guest Hosts
Mayim Bialik will return for 15 episodes
- After the "permanent" replacement for
host Alex Trebek lasted just one day of filming , the show is apparently back to square one in its search for a worthy successor. Sony Pictures Television said Monday that Mayim Bialik— selected earlier this month to host
specials while regular hosting...
2 New Permanent Hosts
Aug 11, 2021 1:31 PM CDT
Confirms 2 New Permanent Hosts
Mike Richards, Mayim Bialik named as replacements for Alex Trebek
host Alex Trebek left some big shoes to fill—and Sony Pictures Television has decided it will take more than one new permanent host to replace him. After months of guest hosts, game show veteran Mike Richards and Mayim Bialik, former star of
The Big Bang Theory
Big Bang Theory
Star: I Eat 'So
I Don't Have to Feel Anything'
Mar 16, 2021 11:03 AM CDT
Big Bang Theory
Star: I Eat 'So I Don't Have to Feel Anything'
Mayim Bialik talks about recovery, pressure to be thin
- Mayim Bialik is speaking up for the first time about a lengthy battle with eating disorders amid a conversation about Hollywood's obsession with weight. "This is the first time I've ever talked about it, because people are like, 'Well, why are you so overweight?' Well, because...
Inside Kaley Cuoco's
Wedding to Karl Cook
Jul 1, 2018 3:30 PM CDT
Inside Kaley Cuoco's Wedding to Karl Cook
They dubbed the wedding 'KCSquared'
- Actress Kaley Cuoco married her beau, equestrian Karl Cook, and Us Weekly unearthed some details of the star-studded event. With the caption “Legally KCSQUARED 6-30-18,” the star of CBS's
Big Bang Theory
shared a photo of her locking lips with Cook in her white gown and lace...
Oct 16, 2017 6:03 AM CDT
Woody Allen Doesn't Want Weinstein-Inspired 'Witch Hunt'
He says he feels 'sad' for producer
- Woody Allen says he's sad for everybody involved in the Harvey Weinstein scandal—including Harvey Weinstein. The whole thing "is very sad for everybody involved," he tells the BBC . "Tragic for the poor women that were involved, sad for Harvey that [his] life is so messed...
5 Actors Whose
Oct 12, 2014 8:55 AM CDT
5 Actors Whose TV Debuts Were Awful
Including Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Aniston, and more
- These 10 actors rounded up by The Stir may have gone on to become big names, but their TV debuts were less than stellar:
Nope, he didn't get his start on
In Living Color
, he got it on
The Duck Factory
, a show about a young animator
4 Stars Who Went
Back to School
Jan 4, 2014 5:45 PM CST
4 Stars Who Went Back to School
After achieving fame, they wanted more knowledge
- Prince William is headed back to school this month, to take a 10-week course on agricultural management at Cambridge so he can better understand "contemporary issues affecting agricultural business and rural communities in the United Kingdom." E! rounds up seven more stars who went back to school after...
9 Stars Who
Sep 7, 2013 9:57 AM CDT
9 Stars Who Homeschool Their Children
Although, for some of them, it's a bit fancier than regular homeschooling
- OK, so a celebrity's idea of "homeschooling" is
a little different than your idea of homeschooling ... since chances are it involves extremely high-priced tutors when a famous person's kid is the one getting educated. The Stir rounds up nine stars who homeschool; check out a sampling...
Nov 21, 2012 5:48 PM CST
Actress Mayim Bialik Divorcing
She splits with Michael Stone after 9 years
- Mayim Bialik is a neuroscientist and a successful adult actress to boot, but the shorthand here unfortunately boils down to: "Blossom's getting a divorce." The former child star announced today that she and husband Michael Stone are splitting after nine years, reports TMZ . They have two kids,...
at Work With
All 10 Fingers
Aug 17, 2012 9:10 AM CDT
Bialik Back at Work With All 10 Fingers
Grateful for 'love and support' from 'Big Bang Theory' cast and crew
- Mayim Bialik got to keep all her fingers after a bad car accident Wednesday —and she returned to work just one day later, tweeting yesterday that she was on the set of the
Big Bang Theory
reports. Bialik said she was "doing ok. Grateful. And tired,"...
Aug 15, 2012 6:08 PM CDT
Actress Mayim Bialik Injured in Car Crash
Scientist, Big Bang Theory star may lose finger
- Actress and scientist Mayim Bialik suffered serious damage to her hand in a car accident in LA this afternoon and may lose a finger, reports TMZ . The former
star, now 36, was in an intersection when another car with tourists from Chile struck hers, notes
. The tourists were...
Oct 14, 2011 10:48 AM CDT
12 Pieces of Celebrity Sex Advice
John Mayer would like you to talk dirty
- Mayim Bialik, perhaps better known as TV's Blossom, recently talked sex on Jewish website Kveller . "Judaism loves love. We love sex. We are told it is a mitzvah to make love and to especially make love on Shabbat, when God’s presence is close," she writes. "...
8 Comebacks to Watch in 2010
Jan 8, 2010 10:58 AM CST
8 Comebacks to Watch in 2010
Blossom, Urkel, Kelly Kapowski, and more—they're all back
- Sure, Britney Spears staged an amazing comeback last year—but that's nothing compared with the sure-to-be-epic return of Tiffany, coming to (country) music charts this year. The Frisky singles out eight former household names returning in 2010:
: Better known as “Blossom” from the eponymous TV show, she
Popular on Newser
Country Singer, 37, Dies in His Sleep on Wedding Night
Black Guest Badgered by Staff Member at Palace Event
She Was Behind Some of Fleetwood Mac's Biggest Hits
Comedian Has Survived in NYC Nearly a Month on Just $100
Cruise Passenger Found in Gulf Was Seconds From Death
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.