Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Composer Who Made Kid
Eat Feces Quits Olympics
Jul 19, 2021 2:50 PM CDT
Composer Who Made Kid Eat Feces Quits Olympics
Keigo Oyamada resigns from Opening Ceremony
- A Japanese composer will no longer be participating in the Opening Ceremony of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, an event for which he wrote music. Keigo Oyamada, who performs as Cornelius and has been likened to American musician Beck, resigned after apologizing for bullying classmates years ago, the
Schools to Pay
Jun 6, 2021 9:55 AM CDT
After Suicide, Schools to Pay Parents $3M
Third grader Gabriel Taye was repeatedly beaten by students
- Gabriel Taye's classmates beat, kicked, and bullied him, even leaving him unconscious, his parents say. School administrators were dismissive of his injuries, telling Gabriel's parents that he'd knocked two teeth loose in a playground accident, and attributed his being punched in the face by two students to...
May 13, 2021 7:26 AM CDT
Chrissy Teigen Responds to Courtney Stodden Bullying Claims
'I'm mortified and sad at who I used to be'
- Courtney Stodden, the young beauty pageant queen who made headlines after marrying 50-something actor Doug Hutchison when she was just 16, recently sat down with the Daily Beast to talk about what she says was a "psychologically and mentally" abusive relationship with her now ex-husband. But Stodden, 26, also...
Boy at Sleepover
Mar 10, 2021 9:55 AM CST
Family Alleges 'Racially Motivated' Attack Against Boy at Sleepover
Black 13-year-old allegedly shot at with BBs, made to drink urine, called the n-word
- School and law enforcement officials in Texas are investigating after a Black boy was allegedly called the n-word and homophobic slurs, shot with BB guns, and made to drink urine during a sleepover at a friend's house. SeMarion Humphrey, a 13-year-old eighth grader at Haggard Middle School, went to...
Mar 3, 2021 9:04 AM CST
Sources: Markle Bullied Staff at Kensington Palace
Duchess of Sussex says she's 'saddened' by claims, which she and Harry call 'smear campaign'
- Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, are now speaking out more on the rough environment that prompted them to pseudo-defect from the royal family and England. Now, sources tell the
Times of London
that Markle herself was accused of bullying, via a complaint filed by one of her staff...
Star's Beef With
Disney Continues Over Firing
Feb 22, 2021 7:23 AM CST
Star's Beef With Disney Continues Over Firing
Gina Carano star wants to know why co-star Pedro Pascal didn't get fired for his 2018 tweet
- Gina Carano already has a new gig lined up , but that doesn't mean the
star has moved on from her battle with Disney over her firing . Per
, the 38-year-old actor sat down with conservative radio host Ben Shapiro on Sunday, and she wasn't apologetic over...
Nike Japan Ad Garners
Praise and Outrage
Dec 2, 2020 6:35 PM CST
Nike Japan Ad Garners Praise and Outrage
The video explores racism and bullying in Japan
- Another day, another controversy—this one brought to you by Nike Japan. A video posted on the company's Twitter feed shows three teenage girls of different backgrounds facing discrimination or bullying. One is Japanese, one Korean, and one has a Black father and Japanese mother. Each faces unique challenges...
NHL Team Drops Prospect
Over His Actions as a Teen
in case you missed it
Nov 1, 2020 6:44 AM CST
NHL Team Drops Prospect Over His Actions as a Teen
Arizona Coyotes ditch Mitchell Miller after report about abuse of Black classmate with disabilities
- Three weeks ago, the Arizona Coyotes selected an 18-year-old freshman at the University of North Dakota in the NHL draft. On Thursday, the team renounced its rights to Mitchell Miller after an Arizona newspaper detailed the abuse case he was involved in as an 8th-grader in Sylvania, Ohio. The details:...
Boy's Suicide Linked to
Macabre Online Challenge
Oct 3, 2020 4:30 PM CDT
Boy's Suicide Linked to Macabre Online Challenge
But media reports should be viewed with some skepticism
- A boy's suicide has been linked to a possible online "horror challenge" enticing children to take their own lives—if, that is, such challenges even exist. ANSA reports that an 11-year-old boy killed himself Wednesday by jumping off a balcony at his family's home in Naples, Italy....
Jul 12, 2020 4:00 PM CDT
Lea Michele Flees Twitter After Former Castmate Disappears
Seems it's related to Naya Rivera's vanishing at a California lake
- Lea Michele pulled the plug on her Twitter account Saturday amid trolling over the apparent death of former
co-star Naya Rivera,
reports. Michele abandoned the site just three days after Rivera, 33, vanished at a California lake with her 4-year-old son, Josey, who turned up alone on...
Jun 3, 2020 9:55 AM CDT
Star Loses Endorsement Gig After Bullying Claims
HelloFresh cuts ties with Lea Michele after accusations by former co-star Samantha Ware
- Mom-to-be Lea Michele is facing up to her "immaturity" on the set of
after a former co-star claimed she'd made her experience on the show "a living hell." Samantha Ware, who played Jane Hayward on
's final season in 2015, spoke out after Michele...
in Shopping Area
Says He Was Bullied
May 21, 2020 6:04 PM CDT
Police: Shooter in Shopping Area Says He Was Bullied
20-year-old told them he shot 3 people because he wanted respect, officials say
- A 20-year-old gunman who opened fire at a suburban Phoenix restaurant and retail complex, injuring three people, wanted to target people in his own age group in retaliation for being bullied, authorities said Thursday. The shooting rampage occurred Wednesday night after Armando Hernandez scoped out Westgate Entertainment District in Glendale,...
Gift to Bullied
Apr 23, 2020 11:20 AM CDT
Tom Hanks Gives Fitting Gift to Bullied Boy 'Corona'
Corona typewriter was with actor through his coronavirus battle
- It's not easy having the name Corona in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. Just ask 8-year-old Corona DeVries, who became the target of verbal attacks from bullies. The boy from Queensland, Australia, was feeling so down that he decided to write to someone else he knew was having...
Only Girl on School
She Scored Twice
Mar 5, 2020 12:48 PM CST
Fans Mocked Only Girl on School Hockey Team. She Scored Twice
Fans yelled insults about Alyssa Wruble, put up a 'gender reveal' sign
- With two older brothers, a longtime love of ice hockey, and a competitive streak that enables her to brush off low-key trash-talking during games, Pennsylvania teen Alyssa Wruble knows what it is to be tough. As the only girl on Northampton Area High School's varsity team, the 17-year-old tells...
Arrested After TikTok
Mar 4, 2020 7:24 AM CST
Middle Schoolers Arrested After TikTok 'Skullbreaker Challenge'
Prank gave classmate a major concussion
- A middle school student in New Jersey was hospitalized with a major concussion and two of his classmates were arrested after the "skullbreaker challenge" lived up to its name. In the dangerous prank, which has gone viral on TikTok and other video platforms, two people tell a third person...
$475K Was Raised for His
Disney Trip. He's Not Going
Feb 28, 2020 7:00 AM CST
$475K Was Raised for His Disney Trip. He's Not Going
Quaden Bayles, who has dwarfism, intends to donate the funds instead
- Quaden Bayles, the subject of a viral video showing the toll of relentless bullying, won't be going to Disneyland after all. Though comedian Brad Williams launched a GoFundMe page with that goal in mind—it has since raised $475,000—the family of the Australian 9-year-old with dwarfism instead...
Wanted to Die,
to His Defense
Feb 21, 2020 12:35 PM CST
Bullied Boy Wanted to Die, Celebs Rallied to His Defense
Hugh Jackman, Enes Kanter among them
- "Give me a knife, I want to kill myself," a 9-year-old boy with dwarfism sobs in a heartbreaking video shared Tuesday by the boy's mother in an effort to raise awareness about bullying, which she says he suffers daily. Quaden Bayles of Queensland, Australia, is hopefully feeling...
Teen Confronts Bullies,
Meets Horrible Fate
Feb 8, 2020 10:00 AM CST
Teen Confronts Bullies, Meets Horrible Fate
Samuel Reynolds, 16, was murdered days later
- Samuel Reynolds was bold enough to fend off a bully. Days later, one of the kids involved allegedly pulled out a .40 caliber gun and shot him—dead. That's what police in Arlington, Texas, are saying about the 16-year-old who lost his life for doing the right thing, CNN...
'I Felt Like I
Was in Hell':
An Exposé of
Feb 1, 2020 4:00 PM CST
'I Felt Like I Was in Hell': An Exposé of Victoria's Secret
The New York Times interviews 50 company insiders about a 'toxic' culture
- Victoria's Secret has "Angels," but there was a devil too—and his name was Ed Razek. That's according to a
New York Times
article based on interviews with over 50 company insiders, who describe an established culture of harassment, bullying, and misogyny at the lingerie company....
Mom: I Was Brutally Beaten
on Way to Principal's Office
Jan 12, 2020 1:20 PM CST
Mom: I Was Brutally Beaten on Way to Principal's Office
Maria Guadalupe Jimenez says she wanted to report on bullying against her daughter
- A California mom says she was attacked earlier this week for trying to report bullying at her daughter's high school, the
San Francisco Chronicle
reports. Maria Guadalupe Jimenez was apparently trying to visit the principal at James Logan High School in Union City with her daughter and husband, when...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
After 24-Hour Treatment, Frogs Started Regrowing Lost Limbs
After Bridge Collapses, a Human Chain Forms
Retrieval of Sunken F35 Is 'Vitally Important' for US
Buffalo Bills Have Fans Arrested Over Their Vaccine Cards
Michael Madsen: Son's Death Is 'Mind-Blowing'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.