Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Clogged WH Toilets
Getting Rid of Papers
Feb 10, 2022 9:15 AM CST
Haberman: Trump Clogged WH Toilets Getting Rid of Papers
Revelation on clogged WH toilets emerges in advance of 'NYT' reporter's new book
- Earlier this week, a report emerged on the National Archives' retrieval of multiple boxes of records—including possible classified materials—that former President Trump took with him to Mar-a-Lago after he left office. That piece followed previous detailing of the former president's apparent longtime penchant for ripping up papers...
Crew Returning in
Nov 3, 2021 10:30 AM CDT
Crew Returning in SpaceX Capsule Must Wear Pee Pads
Toilet issue can't be fixed in Crew Dragon Endeavour capsule docked at the ISS
When four astronauts head home from the International Space Station this month, they'll have to relieve themselves on their person. CNN reports the crew reached the ISS in April, and the SpaceX Crew Dragon Endeavour capsule that has since been waiting to take them home is experiencing the...
He Sat on the
Toilet at Dawn.
Suddenly, a 'Nip'
in case you missed it
Jul 11, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
He Sat on the Toilet at Dawn. Suddenly, a 'Nip'
Python escapes from Austria apartment, ends up in neighbor's bathroom
- An elderly Austrian man had an unpleasant surprise waiting for him while answering nature's call early Monday: a python, in his toilet. The man, identified by the BBC as 65-year-old Walter Erhart, tells the broadcaster that he "went to the toilet as usual" in his Graz apartment around...
Toilet Flushes in Public
Restrooms May Pose a Risk
May 2, 2021 2:41 PM CDT
Toilet Flushes in Public Restrooms May Pose a Risk
Study finds they can generate microscopic aerosols, under the right conditions
- A new study out of Florida Atlantic University might give people even more pause before entering dingy, poorly ventilated restrooms. Researchers found that toilet flushes, as well as urinal flushes, generate tiny aerosol droplets that linger and can be inhaled, per a university release . This goes beyond the gross factor—...
For When You Go to the Moon,
and You've Got to Go
Jun 29, 2020 4:43 PM CDT
For When You Go to the Moon, and You've Got to Go
NASA offers prize money for a better toilet design
- We don't know where or when NASA does its best thinking, but at some point recently, the agency decided there might be a better idea for a toilet to use in space. One that works on the surface of the moon would be especially helpful. So it's asking...
Plane's Toilet Seat,
Mar 18, 2020 7:47 AM CDT
Virus 'Challenge' Includes Licking Plane's Toilet Seat, Boomer Rant
Ava Louise admits she's looking for a record deal, reality show on her 'messy life'
- In times of a viral outbreak , why not make a viral video? That was the thought process of TikTok user Ava Louise, who once appeared on Dr. Phil's show as a rebellious teen and confessed, "I want to have purpose and meaning." The self-proclaimed Instagram influencer tried...
Company Invents Toilet
You Won't Want to
Sit on for Long
Dec 21, 2019 3:20 PM CST
Company Invents Toilet You Won't Want to Sit on for Long
StandardToilet wants employees to be more productive
- Your office bathroom break might get a little shorter if the boss buys one of these,
reports. Designed by the UK startup StandardToilet, the eponymous product tilts down at 13 degrees—just enough to get uncomfortable after about 5 minutes on the throne. Company founder Mahabir Gill claims it...
Dec 7, 2019 8:15 AM CST
Trump: EPA's Looking Into Toilets That Need Repeat Flushes
What also has apparently gone down the toilet: chance WH lawyers show at impeachment hearing
- The White House has RSVP'd, sort of, to an invite to send lawyers to the next impeachment hearing before the House Judiciary Committee. "House Democrats have wasted enough of America's time with this charade," White House counsel Pat Cipollone wrote Friday in a note to committee...
Scientists Suggest Novel
Idea for More Efficient Toilets
Nov 23, 2019 3:22 PM CST
Scientists Suggest Novel Idea for More Efficient Toilets
Penn State researchers develop slippery spray that could dramatically reduce water use
- To build a better toilet. Researchers at Penn State are making headlines for their new contribution to the idea, though it has nothing do with the design of the toilet itself. Instead, they've come up with a slippery spray that could dramatically reduce the amount of water needed for...
Congressman's Drink of Water
Becomes a Flashpoint
Sep 5, 2019 11:05 AM CDT
Congressman's Drink of Water Becomes a Flashpoint
Steve King says claims of immigrants drinking out of toilets are overblown, but AOC fires back
- Seldom has a drink of water caused such a political controversy. But Congressman Steve King's gulp at an immigration detention facility has reignited a debate about conditions on the US-Mexico border and drawn Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez into the fray. The details about what's going on:
The start of it:
Lightning Lit Up the Skies.
Then Her Toilet Blew Up
Aug 6, 2019 12:25 PM CDT
Lightning Lit Up the Skies. Then Her Toilet Blew Up
Marylou Ward's toilet exploded after lightning hit septic tank
- Some people stay out of the shower during a lightning storm; Marylou Ward may be staying off the toilet during one from here on in. That's because, per FOX 13 , the Port Charlotte, Fla., resident is still cleaning up the wreckage in her bathroom and on other parts of...
City Workers Hurt in 'Absolute
Embarrassment' of a Prank
Jul 11, 2019 8:03 AM CDT
City Workers Hurt in 'Absolute Embarrassment' of a Prank
2 Detroit municipal employees injured after someone put firecrackers under toilet seats
- "Two things that don't mix—firecrackers and toilets." That's an understatement from FOX 2 after an apparent prank gone awry in Detroit resulted in injuries to two municipal employees. The
reports the General Services Department workers were hurt Wednesday after they used toilets in...
Yes, That's a
Jar of Poop Next
to Bill Gates
Nov 6, 2018 4:44 AM CST
Yes, That's a Jar of Poop Next to Bill Gates
Philanthropist is making plea for sanitation technology at 'Reinvented Toilet' Expo in China
- Placing a jar of feces on a pedestal next to him, billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates made a plea Tuesday for the safe disposal of human waste as he kicked off a "Reinvented Toilet" Expo in China. "You might guess what's in this beaker—and you'd be...
96-Year-Old Looking for Heir
for His Toilet Seat Museum
May 23, 2018 10:20 AM CDT
96-Year-Old Looking for Heir for His Toilet Seat Museum
Barney Smith has 1,350 decorated toilet seats on display, but it's time for him to pack it in
- FOR SALE: One tiny kingdom, with many thrones. But it doesn't come with a title. That belongs to Barney Smith—the undisputed "King of the Commode," reports the AP . "There's a lot of me in there," he says, in front of the garage he'...
The Weapon: a Soda Bottle.
The Victim: This Town's Toilet
Mar 22, 2018 8:20 AM CDT
The Weapon: a Soda Bottle. The Victim: This Town's Toilet
Sheboygan suspect has been shoving bottles into community commodes for a year and a half now
- "This is very strange … and gross, but that is the reality of life." So laments a Facebook post Tuesday from the Sheboygan Police Department in Wisconsin, filling the public in on what the
has deemed a "curious commode caper." The crime: "Over...
Archaeologists on the Hunt
for Paul Revere's Poop
Sep 29, 2017 1:39 AM CDT
Archaeologists on the Hunt for Paul Revere's Poop
They're searching for Boston outhouse that patriot may have used
- No. 1 if by land, No. 2 if by sea? Archaeologists are excavating what they believe was the site of an outhouse next door to Paul Revere's home—and the "privy," as the colonists politely called their potties, could be flush with artifacts. Historians say people typically...
Sep 29, 2016 11:31 AM CDT
500K US Homes Can't Afford Plumbing
It's yet another threat faced by rural communities trapped in poverty
- Americans living in nearly 500,000 homes in the US don't have what the
New York Times
—in an eye-opening piece—calls "basic dignity." That basic dignity includes running water, a bath or shower, or a working toilet. It's that last one plaguing rural black...
Bites Man's Penis
May 26, 2016 3:40 PM CDT
10-Foot Python Bites Man's Penis During Morning Bowel Movement
And that sucker did not want to let go
- Just when you thought it was safe to get back on the toilet. Coconuts Bangkok reports Thai resident Attaporn Boonmakchuay was five minutes into his "usual bowel movement" Wednesday morning when a huge python bit him on the penis. The 10-foot snake had, well, snaked its way through his...
Ants Have Toilets, Too
Feb 19, 2015 10:40 AM CST
Ants Have Toilets, Too
Humans by no means invented waste management
- Humans aren't the only species to have waste management down. Naked mole rats, honeybees, and spider mites have all developed various means of disposing of waste, with piles of poo typically forming outside their living quarters. Now researchers in Germany are reporting in the journal PLOS ONE that black...
Almost All the Bathrooms
in This Country Are 'Wrong'
Oct 30, 2014 1:05 PM CDT
Almost All the Bathrooms in This Country Are 'Wrong'
Rick Paulas explains why
- You have until tomorrow to vote on the winner of this year's " America's Best Restroom " contest, but Rick Paulas has news for you—nearly all of the bathrooms in America are complete failures. He runs down his reasoning at
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
Amended Autopsy Report: McClain Died Due to Ketamine
Elton John's WH Concert Ends With a Big Surprise
He Wanted to Be Taller. Agony, $75K Got Him There
Earth Isn't Ready for What We've Collected on Mars
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.