Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
For Leno, Another Big First
Since Gasoline Fire
Nov 28, 2022 5:26 AM CST
For Leno, Another Big First Since Gasoline Fire
Comedian performs for the first time since his release from burn center
- Jay Leno performed for the first time since he was burned in a gasoline fire at his California garage, appearing in front of a sold-out crowd at the Comedy Magic Club in Hermosa Beach on Sunday night, ETOnline reports. The gig is a longstanding one; Leno started out practicing monologue...
Saved My Life
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Nov 19, 2022 12:10 PM CST
Jay Leno: A Friend's Fast Thinking Saved My Life
Buddy jumped on TV host after he caught fire, smothering the flames
- Jay Leno might have died in the fire at his California garage if not for the action of his friend. In an interview with TMZ , the former
host and avid car collector says he was fixing a clogged fuel line on a 1907 White Steam Car— featured on...
Burn Center Doc
on Jay Leno
Nov 17, 2022 12:59 AM CST
Burn Center Doc Gives Update on Jay Leno
Comedian has already had one surgery, will have another soon
- Despite what the doctor treating him calls "significant" burns, Jay Leno is still Jay Leno: "He’s walking around, he’s cracking jokes," Dr. Peter Grossman said at a Wednesday press conference, adding that the comedian and former late night host has been "incredibly kind" to...
Jay Leno Hospitalized
With Severe Burns
Nov 14, 2022 2:43 PM CST
Jay Leno Hospitalized With Severe Burns
Former 'Tonight Show' host says he's going to be OK after gasoline fire
host Jay Leno has been hospitalized with severe burns—but the 72-year-old says he's going to be OK. Sources tell TMZ that Leno was taken to the Grossman Burn Center on Sunday after a fire at the Los Angeles garage where he keeps his cars. The...
Leno Calls His
Mar 24, 2021 4:17 PM CDT
Leno Calls His Asian Jokes a 'Legitimate Wrong'
Organizations had pressured comedian and networks for 15 years
- Under pressure from Asian American organizations for years, Jay Leno has apologized for jokes he made in the past. "I do not consider this particular case to be another example of cancel culture but a legitimate wrong that was done on my part," Leno said. He apologized on...
Mar 9, 2015 10:18 AM CDT
Brian Williams Wanted to Succeed Letterman
According to new investigative report
- Previous reports have noted that Brian Williams once lobbied for Jay Leno's
job, and now it turns out Williams tried to get David Letterman's job, too. That's just one of the tidbits from a new investigative piece by Gabriel Sherman in
Posh Hotels ... Over
Harsh Islamic Law
May 6, 2014 2:22 AM CDT
Hollywood Shuns Posh Hotels ... Over Harsh Islamic Law
Stars protest Brunei ownership after nation OKs stoning
- Hollywood has turned its back on two of its favorite hotels over harsh Islamic laws introduced in the tiny sultanate of Brunei. The Beverly Hills Hotel and the Hotel Bel-Air are owned by Brunei's sultan and at least nine major entertainment industry events have been pulled from the hotels,...
Leno Says Goodbye—Again
Feb 7, 2014 3:00 AM CST
Leno Says Goodbye—Again
'I don't like goodbyes, NBC does'
- A tearful Jay Leno said a second and presumably final farewell to the
last night after 22 years, calling himself "the luckiest guy in the world." In an unusually sentimental moment for the host, he shared that he lost his mother the first year he hosted...
Feb 6, 2014 10:54 AM CST
Tonight, Jay Leno Bids Adieu to
Sandra Bullock cries; plus, what's next for Leno
- Jay Leno will host his last episode of the
tonight. A roundup of the news swirling around his departure:
Sandra Bullock appeared on last night's show, and offered a tearful tribute to Leno, according to the
. "You've always been so kind. That's
15 Celebs Who Were
Banished From Talk Shows
Jan 26, 2014 5:44 PM CST
15 Celebs Who Were Banished From Talk Shows
Madonna, Piers Morgan, and Hugh Grant were all banned
- Ever shown a rude guest the door and slammed it hard enough to send a message? Well, talk show hosts have performed the same bold feat—and with some of the major egos of Hollywood. Styleblazer lists 15 stars who were told to never return:
George W. Bush's
Nov 20, 2013 8:29 AM CST
George W. Bush's Latest Painting: Jay Leno
Former president interviewed on 'Tonight Show'
- George W. Bush sat down with Jay Leno on the
last night, making what NPR calls a "relatively rare appearance on national TV." (As he explained to Leno, with the late night host "about to head out to pasture ," the former president "just...
Nov 19, 2013 10:59 AM CST
Flight Attendant Sues Leno—Over Bestiality Jokes
Flight attendant wants world to know she did not have sex with rats
- A segment from earlier this year has landed Jay Leno in hot water, and it's all thanks to a couple of bestiality jokes. Former American Airlines flight attendant Louann Giambattista sued the airline back in June over a bizarre situation: The 55-year-old said her co-workers lied and said she...
Swimsuit Pic Was
'Big Middle Finger'
Oct 31, 2013 9:17 AM CDT
Kardashian: Swimsuit Pic Was 'Big Middle Finger'
Talks about weight loss with Jay Leno on the 'Tonight Show'
- That swimsuit selfie Kim Kardashian posted to Instagram a couple weeks ago was a "big middle finger to the world," Kardashian told Jay Leno last night on the
. All the critics who snarked about the weight she gained while pregnant "really hurt my soul,"...
Aug 10, 2013 9:00 AM CDT
Jay Leno's Last Show: February 6
Jimmy Fallon takes over after the Olympics
- Jay Leno's last night hosting his
will be February 6, reports Deadline.com . And this time , it's expected to stick. The decision means that Leno will host right up until the Winter Olympics begin on NBC, and Jimmy Fallon will take over after they end on...
Obama to Leno:
'We Don't Have
Aug 7, 2013 1:41 AM CDT
Obama to Leno: 'We Don't Have Domestic Spy Program'
Covers a lot of ground, from Snowden to terror, on 'Tonight Show'
- President Obama covered a lot of bases—most of them serious—in his fourth
appearance as president. Some highlights from the Jay Leno interview, which Politico sees as part of the president's push to "get back to being Barack Obama again" and stop being the butt...
Jul 30, 2013 10:27 AM CDT
Celebs Back Calif. Prisoners' Hunger Strike
Jay Leno, Bonnie Raitt, others sign letter to governor
- California prisoners have been hunger striking since July 8 to protest the state's use of solitary confinement, and now they have a cohort of celebrities and other big names on their side. In a letter to Gov. Jerry Brown sent yesterday, Gloria Steinem, Jesse Jackson, Bonnie Raitt, Jay Leno,...
Spitzer: Wall St.
Wants Me to Lose
Jul 13, 2013 9:12 AM CDT
Spitzer: Wall St. 'Desperately' Wants Me to Lose
Would-be comptroller goes on Leno to made his case
- Eliot Spitzer followed in Hugh Grant's infamous hookin'-boot steps to Jay Leno's couch last night, continuing his string of mea culpas as he looks to re-enter the public arena via a run for New York City comptroller . Leno was to the point, notes the AP , asking the...
Leno: Yep, I'm Gone Next Year
Apr 3, 2013 12:00 PM CDT
Leno: Yep, I'm Gone Next Year
Jimmy Fallon expected to take over 'Tonight Show' in February
- The worst-kept secret in Hollywood is secret no more. NBC and Jay Leno confirmed today that Leno will leave his
in 2014 after 22 years and turn over hosting duties to Jimmy Fallon, says the
. As part of the move, Fallon will indeed bring the show...
Leno, Fallon Duet
Apr 2, 2013 7:18 AM CDT
Leno, Fallon Duet on
Hosts show their friendship, West Side Story -style
- Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon have had it up to here with hearsay about the
future, and they're doing something about it: singing. The two hosts launched into a version of "Tonight, Tonight" from
West Side Story
last night, reflecting on what's next for...
Mar 25, 2013 12:22 PM CDT
Critics 'Despise' Leno—But Audiences Adore Him
NBC is making a mistake: Howard Kurtz
- To hear the media tell it, it's about time NBC kicked Jay Leno to the curb . TV critics hate Leno—you can see it in the way they're covering this newest debacle—but most of the country loves him, Howard Kurtz points out on CNN . Leno has the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Brittney Griner Freed by Russia, but at a 'Heavy Price'
All Nantucket Beaches Are Now Topless Beaches
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
Palace 'Might Be Relieved' by Harry & Meghan Series
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.