Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Last of the Super Tuesday
States Has Been Called
Mar 4, 2020 2:12 PM CST
Last of the Super Tuesday States Has Been Called
Biden wins Maine, meaning he took 10 of the 14 states that voted
- Maine was the last remaining Super Tuesday state whose outcome was not yet known, and at 1:57pm Eastern on Wednesday, the AP called it for Joe Biden. That means the former VP won 10 of the 14 states that voted Tuesday and Bernie Sanders won four, the Hill reports....
Jill Biden, Symone Sanders
Protect Joe From Protester
Mar 4, 2020 11:00 AM CST
Jill Biden, Symone Sanders Protect Joe From Protester
Jill Biden and Symone Sanders are being praised on social media after the LA move
- In one of the more awesome Super Tuesday moments, Jill Biden and Symone Sanders united to act as Joe Biden's bodyguards during a Los Angeles rally Tuesday night. An anti-dairy protester rushed the stage but was quickly blocked by Jill Biden and Sanders, who's a senior adviser to...
Trump on Super Tuesday:
Warren Should Have a Beer
Mar 4, 2020 8:11 AM CST
Trump on Super Tuesday: Warren Should Have a Beer
He names her one of the losers of the night
- Voters spoke in 14 states on Super Tuesday—and President Trump weighed in as well, with tweets about how the Democratic contenders fared. He zeroed in on Elizabeth Warren more than once, but she wasn't the only "loser of the night" in his eyes. The tweets:
Mar 4, 2020 5:45 AM CST
Takeaways From Super Tuesday
Biden pulls off 'monumental' comeback
- Bernie Sanders won the biggest prize on Super Tuesday —but the wider result was a stunning victory for Joe Biden, who scored wins in at least 9 of the 14 states that voted, including Texas, analysts say. "They don’t call it Super Tuesday for nothing," the...
a Narrow Win
Mar 4, 2020 3:11 AM CST
Biden Scores a Narrow Win in Texas
Bush grandson failed to make runoff in bid for Congress
- Joe Biden ended a triumphant Super Tuesday with a narrow victory over Bernie Sanders in Texas, where Democrats are seeking a rare return to power in 2020. The former vice president's victory over the Vermont senator capped a string of victories across the South for Biden, who won at...
Joe Biden Racks Up Wins;
Sanders Gets Biggest Prize
Mar 4, 2020 2:23 AM CST
Joe Biden Racks Up Wins; Sanders Gets Biggest Prize
Senator wins California after former VP sweeps the South
- The Super Tuesday polls are closed, and it's shaping up to be a good night for Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders, not so much for Elizabeth Warren and Michael Bloomberg. Biden came out strong, particularly in the South, but Sanders took the night's biggest prize, California, as expected....
Group Sues to Extend Voting
in Tornado-Hit Tennessee
Mar 4, 2020 12:11 AM CST
Group Sues to Extend Voting in Tornado-Hit Tennessee
Storm damage closed 21 polling stations
- Advocates have filed a lawsuit in Tennessee seeking to extend Super Tuesday voting until Friday. Hours before polls opened, tornadoes killed at least 24 people in parts of the state including Nashville. The suit filed by the National Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law states that storm damage affected...
Head to Runoff
in Alabama Race
Mar 3, 2020 11:04 PM CST
Sessions, Tuberville Head to Runoff in Alabama Race
Roy Moore was a distant 4th in GOP primary
- Former US Attorney General Jeff Sessions will face ex-college football coach Tommy Tuberville in a Republican runoff March 31 as the former Alabama senator seeks to regain the longtime seat he held. Sessions and Tuberville won the most votes in the primary Tuesday to advance from a crowded primary field...
Elizabeth Warren Loses
Home State of Massachusetts
Mar 3, 2020 9:55 PM CST
Elizabeth Warren Loses Home State of Massachusetts
Senator was behind both Biden and Sanders
- Elizabeth Warren has suffered a tough blow on Super Tuesday: She just lost her home state of Massachusetts. In fact, the senator likely won't even finish in second place. The AP called the race for Joe Biden about three hours after polls closed. Bernie Sanders was on track to...
May Be a Big Deal
Mar 3, 2020 7:57 PM CST
Tulsi Gabbard's Single Delegate May Be a Big Deal
She got one in American Samoa, and it might earn her a debate invite
- She's getting lost in the headlines, but Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is still running for the Democratic nomination. And on Tuesday, Gabbard won her very first delegate , from the territory of American Samoa, where she was born, reports the
. That lone delegate is no small thing: Unless...
Bloomberg Scores His First
2020 Victory. There's a 'But'
Mar 3, 2020 7:22 PM CST
Bloomberg Scores His First 2020 Victory. There's a 'But'
He won in American Samoa, with only 6 delegates at stake
- Michael Bloomberg can now boast that he won a 2020 race, but his first victory may not be the one he most wanted. The former New York City mayor won not a state but the territory of American Samoa, which has only six delegates at stake, reports the AP . Bloomberg...
One Super Tuesday Outcome
Is 'Nightmare' for Democrats
Mar 3, 2020 11:23 AM CST
One Super Tuesday Outcome Is 'Nightmare' for Democrats
That would be a second-place 'muddle' behind Sanders, writes one analyst
- Super Tuesday is here, and the stakes are huge. More than a third of all pledged delegates are at stake as 14 states vote. Joe Biden is riding big momentum , Bernie Sanders is hoping to grab an insurmountable lead, Elizabeth Warren hopes for a surprise strong showing that keeps her...
Dems Are Circling the
Wagons Around Biden
Mar 3, 2020 6:43 AM CST
Dems Are Circling the Wagons Around Biden
Beto O'Rourke just the latest candidate to endorse former VP ahead of Super Tuesday
- If the only people voting on Super Tuesday were former Democratic presidential candidates, Joe Biden would probably win in a landslide. Beto O'Rourke, who dropped out of the race four months ago, joined more recent ex-candidates Amy Klobuchar and Pete Buttigieg in endorsing Biden on Monday, Politico reports. Texas,...
Report: Obama Told Biden He's
Holding Off on Endorsements
Mar 2, 2020 4:36 AM CST
Report: Obama Told Biden He's Holding Off on Endorsements
Former president wants to be a 'unifier,' source says
- The Democratic field is narrowing —but Barack Obama is in no rush to endorse a candidate. CNN , citing sources "close to Obama," report that the former president called Joe Biden, his former vice president, to congratulate him on his big win in the South Carolina primary , but...
A New Poll Has Troubling
News for Elizabeth Warren
Feb 28, 2020 12:06 PM CST
A New Poll Has Troubling News for Elizabeth Warren
She's trailing in her home state of Massachusetts
- Elizabeth Warren didn't see the results she wanted in Iowa , New Hampshire , and Nevada , and it remains to be seen how she'll fare in the South Carolina primary on Saturday, though it doesn't look promising there , either. With Super Tuesday coming up in a few days, Warren'...
California Shakes Up
2020 Primary Contests
Sep 28, 2017 12:09 AM CDT
California Shakes Up 2020 Primary Contests
State will now vote on Super Tuesday
- Super Tuesday, the jam-packed day of presidential primary voting every four years, may get supercharged in 2020 with California joining the pack, bringing along its prize of the most delegates. Gov. Jerry Brown gave his stamp of approval Wednesday to a measure pushing California's primary up to the beginning...
Trump's Wins Are
Mar 2, 2016 5:26 AM CST
Trump's Wins Are Totally Unprecedented
Cruz, Rubio victories may be too little, too late
- Super Tuesday wasn't quite the Trump sweep some analysts had predicted, but he still won at least seven states , adding to what the
describes as a string of victories unprecedented in modern GOP primaries. Because of the divide between Republicans in the Northeast and the South, no...
Mar 2, 2016 4:20 AM CST
The GOP's Nightmare Is Coming True
Fractured party running out of time to stop Trump
- The Super Tuesday results delivered what more than one analyst is calling a nightmarish scenario for the Republican elite: big wins for Donald Trump, major disappointments for Marco Rubio, and enough Ted Cruz victories for him to credibly claim he's the only real alternative to Trump. A round-up of...
What's Next for
Mar 2, 2016 1:28 AM CST
What's Next for Clinton, Sanders
The road ahead for Sanders doesn't look easy
- Is Hillary Clinton now inevitable? She cruised to victory in seven Super Tuesday states plus American Samoa, while Bernie Sanders prevailed in four states and came a very close second in Massachusetts. Here's how analysts see the Democratic race developing in the weeks ahead:
The race is all but
Mar 2, 2016 12:50 AM CST
How the Delegate Count Stacks Up
The math is looking good for the front-runners
- With the dust settling on Super Tuesday's contests, analysts are taking a close look at the delegate math—and it doesn't look good for candidates not named Clinton or Trump. With 2,353 delegates needed to win the Democratic nomination, Hillary Clinton gained around 457 delegates on Super...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Judge Sentences Woman to Work in Fast-Food Restaurant
Congress' $7.5B for EV Chargers Has Yielded Zero Chargers
UNLV Shooter Was a 67-Year-Old Professor: Sources
Gunman Kills 3 at UNLV, Critically Wounds Another
Here's What Happens When You Go Vegan for a Month
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.