Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
America's Spy Chief Slammed
China. China Now Responds
Dec 4, 2020 7:30 AM CST
America's Spy Chief Slammed China. China Now Responds
John Ratcliffe's 'WSJ' op-ed was a 'hodgepodge of lies,' per China's foreign ministry rep
- In an "exceedingly rare" accusation on Thursday, the US director of national intelligence called China "the greatest threat to America today, and the greatest threat to democracy and freedom worldwide since World War II." China is now responding to John Ratcliffe's op-ed in the
Pelosi: New Intel Policy
on Elections Is 'a Betrayal'
Aug 29, 2020 3:00 PM CDT
Pelosi: New Intel Policy on Elections Is 'a Betrayal'
Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe sends a letter to lawmakers
- Looks like America's top intelligence officer won't be sending anyone to brief Congress about election security anymore—and Nancy Pelosi is less than pleased, CNN reports. Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe notified lawmakers Friday that his office will no longer brief congressional intelligence committees on the hot-button...
May 21, 2020 12:21 PM CDT
Nation Has a New Spy Chief
Senate confirms GOP Rep. John Ratcliffe as director of national intelligence
- The Senate on Thursday confirmed Texas Rep. John Ratcliffe as director of national intelligence, though he failed to draw the bipartisan support of his predecessors. Ratcliffe seemed unlikely to get the position when he was nominated in February, as he had already been nominated for the job last year and...
Feb 29, 2020 5:30 AM CST
Trump Taps New Director of National Intelligence
Texas Republican John Ratcliffe has been up for this post before, amid bipartisan criticism
- President Trump on Friday picked Rep. John Ratcliffe to be the nation's top intelligence official, just months after abruptly ending an earlier effort to install him amid bipartisan criticism that the Texas GOPer was unqualified for the post. Trump initially named Ratcliffe for the job last summer, but then...
Ratcliffe Is Out as Trump
Slams 'Lamestream Media'
Aug 2, 2019 1:51 PM CDT
Ratcliffe Is Out as Trump Slams 'Lamestream Media'
Trump says the Texas lawmaker chose to bow out
- President Trump says he's no longer planning to nominate Rep. John Ratcliffe as his next director of national intelligence, the
New York Times
reports. Ratcliffe was facing a rocky nomination and apparently chose to bow out; some had questioned whether he had embellished the work he did as a...
Trump's Intelligence Pick Has
Rocky Path to Confirmation
Jul 30, 2019 1:32 PM CDT
Trump's Intelligence Pick Has Rocky Path to Confirmation
Critics say Rep. John Ratcliffe isn't qualified to replace Dan Coats
- Rep. John Ratcliffe got perhaps the biggest national exposure of his political career when he grilled Robert Mueller last week with a line of questioning that displayed his staunch support of President Trump. After the Mueller hearings, Ratcliffe got even more exposure when Trump announced that the Texas Republican was...
Furor Over Missing FBI Texts,
'Secret Society' Reference
Jan 23, 2018 10:41 AM CST
Furor Over Missing FBI Texts, 'Secret Society' Reference
The president calls it 'one of the biggest stories in a long time'
- The texts called Donald Trump a "loathsome human" —but what did the missing texts say? That's what the Justice Department is trying to find out following the weekend revelation that five months' worth of messages between veteran FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page have...
May 28, 2014 7:28 AM CDT
Tea Partier Unseats Oldest Congressman
Next year will see no WWII vets in Congress
- The oldest member the House of Representatives has ever seen has lost his job to a Tea Party-backed candidate. Rep. Ralph Hall lost his Texas primary yesterday to John Ratcliffe, a former US attorney and Mitt Romney aide. Ratcliffe had won 52% of the vote to Hall's 48% with...
Popular on Newser
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
Spotify Staffers Walk Into Bad News on Monday
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.