Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Dunkin' Worker Who
Killed Customer Gets
2 Years House Arrest
Mar 8, 2022 5:32 PM CST
Dunkin' Worker Who Killed Customer Gets 2 Years House Arrest
Corey Pujols was called a racial slur by Tampa customer
: A Dunkin' employee who punched a customer, causing the man's death three days later, has been sentenced to two years of house arrest plus three years probation after pleading guilty to felony battery, reports the
Tampa Bay Times
. The charge was reduced from aggravated manslaughter under a plea...
'Free Coffee Mondays'
Feb 1, 2021 1:57 PM CST
Dunkin' Introduces 'Free Coffee Mondays'
Promotion will last through 'home stretch of winter'
- Dunkin'— formerly known as Dunkin' Donuts—says it is offering its fans a "little extra boost" to get through the "home stretch of winter." The chain says it is introducing "Free Coffee Mondays" from Feb. 1 through to Feb. 22, Delish reports. Members of the...
They Rule the Roast Beef World.
Now They Want the Doughnuts
Oct 31, 2020 7:30 AM CDT
They Rule the Roast Beef World. Now They Want the Doughnuts
Arby's owner Inspire Brands to bring Dunkin', which owns Baskin-Robbins, private
- Doughnuts and ice cream go with chicken wings and roast beef sandwiches, right? Hopefully so, because Dunkin', which owns Baskin-Robbins, is about to get scooped up by Inspire Brands, the holding company that owns Arby's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Sonic, and other eateries, CNN Business reports. The $11.3 billion...
Bright Spot in
Jun 9, 2020 12:03 AM CDT
Dunkin' Offers Bright Spot in Job Market
Chain will be hiring as many as 25K workers
- The job market has been pretty dismal of late , but amid signs of recovery , CBS News reports one chain plans to hire as many as 25,000 workers. Dunkin', which has kept 90% of its locations open (with modifications) amid the COVID-19 pandemic, plans to hire that many counter workers...
Dunkin' Is Officially
Done With Foam Cups
May 13, 2020 1:22 PM CDT
Dunkin' Is Officially Done With Foam Cups
Hot beverages now come in double-walled paper cups
- Dunkin' says it has officially transitioned to paper cups at all of its global restaurants, eliminating "approximately one billion foam cups from the waste stream annually." Two years ago, the company vowed to phase out its polystyrene foam cups, in use for 20 years. Double-walled paper cups, with...
Couple Weds Where Their
Young Love Went Awry
Dec 29, 2019 3:20 PM CST
Couple Weds Where Their Young Love Went Awry
Valerie Sneade and Jason Roy return to Dunkin' Donuts to say 'I do'
- A Massachusetts couple reunited for extra-sweet wedding vows at the same Dunkin' Donuts where their young love splintered nearly 30 years ago, the AP reports. Valerie Sneade and Jason Roy were married Friday afternoon, joined by family, friends, and customers buying coffee and pastries at the Dunkin' Donuts on Grafton...
Starbucks Used to Have
a Much Longer Name
Jul 29, 2019 10:00 AM CDT
Starbucks Used to Have a Much Longer Name
Why company dumped Starbucks Coffee, Tea, and Spices, and why other brands changed their names
- In a world where our texting shorthand includes "BRB," "LOL," and "K," is it any surprise that we now have brands calling themselves WW, RH, and KFC?
reports on eight companies that have truncated or otherwise modified their original monikers, for various...
at a Dunkin' Got
Oct 2, 2018 7:33 AM CDT
Homeless Man Charging Phone at a Dunkin' Got Rude Surprise
Workers terminated after dumping water on him in 'cruel' incident caught on video
- "Cruel" is how people are describing an incident that took place at an upstate New York Dunkin' Donuts, and the company seems to agree. The
reports that on Sunday evening, Jeremy Dufresne (aka Jeremy Young ), a homeless man whose family says he has epilepsy and schizophrenia...
It's Losing Donuts ...
but Not the Doughnuts
Sep 25, 2018 2:01 PM CDT
It's Losing Donuts ... but Not the Doughnuts
Dunkin' Donuts to go by one word starting in January
- First WW , now another high-profile name change. Dunkin' Donuts will as of January be known simply as Dunkin', in what NBC News reports is a rebranding designed to reflect its broadened focus on coffee and other beverages and up its appeal to a younger audience. CNN describes it as wanting...
Best Bang for Your Coffee
Dollar May Be a Surprise
Aug 7, 2018 7:33 AM CDT
Best Bang for Your Coffee Dollar May Be a Surprise
7-Eleven is No. 1 in Quartzy ranking, which factors in caffeine amount
- Where to go to get the best value in a cup of coffee? Quartzy has an interesting breakdown that goes beyond mere price. For example, it might seem that paying $1.19 at McDonald's instead of $2.65 at Starbucks is a no-brainer—but not when you take into...
Dunkin' Donuts Pulls Sign
That Ignited Tweetstorm
Jun 23, 2018 1:40 PM CDT
Dunkin' Donuts Pulls Sign That Ignited Tweetstorm
Baltimore location urged customers to report on certain employees
- Media attention and Twitter rage have apparently inspired Dunkin' Donuts to remove a sign from a Baltimore location, the
reports. Posted at the West 41st Street location, the sign urged customers to report on workers who yell in foreign languages. "If you hear any of our staff...
Cops: Doughnut-Eating Champ
Robbed Doughnut Store
Jan 22, 2018 3:44 AM CST
Cops: Doughnut-Eating Champ Robbed Doughnut Store
NC man was arrested after winning 2014 contest
- Doughnuts and arrests appear to be inextricably linked in the life of North Carolina man Bradley Hardison. The 27-year-old—who was arrested in 2014 after he won the doughnut-eating contest at the Elizabeth City Police Department's National Night Out Against Crime event, helping officers who'd been seeking him...
Dunkin' Donuts Is
Trimming Its Menu
Jan 7, 2018 10:40 AM CST
Dunkin' Donuts Is Trimming Its Menu
No more smoothies or afternoon sandwiches
- So long strawberry banana smoothie. Goodbye steak and egg breakfast sandwich. Dunkin' Donuts is cutting back on its food and drink offerings. The
reports the new, simplified menu is expected to roll out in New England locations starting Monday before expanding nationwide in mid-March. The Canton, Massachusetts-based company...
Dunkin' Donuts May Be Nixing
a Big Part of Its Identity
Aug 4, 2017 12:32 PM CDT
Dunkin' Donuts May Be Nixing a Big Part of Its Identity
Parent company plans to drop 'Donuts' from brand name in test-drive
- Dunkin' Donuts is thinking about dumping "Donuts" from its name. A new location of the chain in Pasadena, Calif., will be simply called Dunkin', a move that parent company Dunkin' Brands Group Inc. calls a test, the AP reports. The Massachusetts-based company said Thursday that a few other stores...
Not a Fan of
Coffee Shop Slogan
May 31, 2017 3:03 PM CDT
Dunkin' Donuts Not a Fan of Independent Coffee Shop Slogan
Sends cease-and-desist letter to local joint
- A Massachusetts coffee shop owner says he received a cease-and-desist letter from Dunkin' Donuts claiming trademark infringement for riffing on the chain's catchphrase, the AP reports. Steve Copoulos tells the
he added window art reading "North now runs on Mike's" on his Mike's Coffee...
Guy Sues After
Asking for Butter,
Getting Fake Butter
Mar 31, 2017 7:41 PM CDT
Guy Sues After Asking for Butter, Getting Fake Butter
He won a settlement against Dunkin' Donuts owners
- A Massachusetts man who sued a pair of Dunkin' Donuts owners because he said he was given a butter substitute when he asked for real butter on his bagel has won a settlement, the AP reports. The
reports that Jan Polanik's suits name two companies that together...
Dunkin' Donuts Dumping
Mar 4, 2017 8:28 AM CST
Dunkin' Donuts Dumping Artificial Colors
Company plans to phase them out by end of 2018
- The parent company of Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins says it will remove artificial colors from its products in the US by the end of 2018. Dunkin' Brands Group Inc. says the exception will be on brand-name ingredients it sources to use as toppings, ice cream mixes, and decorations for its...
Dunkin' Donuts Enters the
Holiday Coffee Cup Battle
Nov 11, 2015 2:40 PM CST
Dunkin' Donuts Enters the Holiday Coffee Cup Battle
'Dunkin Donuts isn't run by a bunch of anti-Christmas terrorists'
- Another combatant has entered the "War on Christmas (Cups)," as Dunkin' Donuts unveiled its own holiday-themed coffee cup Tuesday,
New York Post
notes that Dunkin' Donuts' new cup—unlike the controversy-stirring Starbucks cup —is replete with Christmas cheer, featuring red and green wreaths...
100 Dunkin' Donuts
Oct 2, 2015 3:00 AM CDT
100 Dunkin' Donuts Stores Closing
Chain has high hopes for new menu items
- Bad news for Dunkin' Donuts fans and worse news for its investors: The chain announced on Thursday that 100 locations across the US will close over this year and next, reports CNNMoney , which notes that shares dived more than 12% following the announcement. All the stores that are closing are...
Dunkin' to Pay
$522K to Woman
Sep 15, 2015 2:00 PM CDT
Dunkin' to Pay $522K to Woman Who Tripped, Spilled Coffee
A metal spike was sticking up in a DD parking lot
- It's not the first time a fast-food joint has come under fire for hot-beverage injuries, but this time it's not just the coffee's fault. A New Jersey woman has settled her lawsuit against Dunkin' Donuts for $522,000 after she tripped over an exposed spike from an...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Name of MacKenzie Scott's Husband Quietly Disappears
Explosive New Book Reveals Anthony Bourdain's Final Texts
5 High School Football Players Shot After Scrimmage, 1 Fatally
Trump, Kim Jong Un Might Still Be in Touch
US Embassy to Americans in Russia: Get Out Now
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.