While tugboats pull a stranded cruise ship to San Diego, its 4,500 passengers are safe, the Wall Street Journal reports—but their experience has been a bit less posh than expected. Here's what their cruise home consists of:
- They may not get to eat lobster tails, but there’s plenty of Spam.
- Among other (really random) supplies delivered by helicopters in a 65,000-pound shipment: Pop-Tarts, crab meat, and croissants.
- Cellphone service is unavailable, but there’s live music.
- Those bored by the loss of Internet can play blackjack and trivia games.
- Generators are keeping the cold water ... and toilets ... flowing.
- They can expect to reach San Diego Thursday, armed with refunds and a free replacement trip.
(Read more cruise ships