Take a break from scarfing candy to join in silly spookiness online. Wired gives you the inside scoop on special events and areas in your favorite virtual worlds dedicated to the holiday:
- Halo 3: A seasonal addition to the matchmaking playlist should keep players entertained for the 27 hours surrounding Halloween.
- Lord of the Rings Online: Until November 11, you can compete in horseraces, bob for apples, pick geodes, or dance the night away at the Harvest Festival.
- City of Heroes/Villains: Put on the guises of citizens, police and villains and go trick or treating until Sunday. Collect enough and you can earn badges.
- Lineage II: Until November 6, collect keys to unlock chests that contain ingredients to six different Philosopher's Stones, which can summon items.
- Maple Story: Battle the Headless Horseman or get a pet Jr. Reaper in the new Phantom Forest and haunted Prendergast Mansion.
- Tabula Rasa: The official release isn't until after Halloween, but if you have early access, play tomorrow to collect nine themed masks.
- Second Life: Visit October Country Island and tour the cemeteries, listen to 40s and 50s radio shows or a tale from Lovecraft or Stephen King.
- World of Warcraft: Throw stink bombs, fight the Headless Horseman, bob for apples, buy candy, and collect treat bags from friendly innkeepers.
- Guild Wars: Lion's Arch and Kamadan are decorated for Halloween; until midnight tomorrow, Mad King Thorn roams the land with minigames and jokes.
(Read more Halloween