Police issued a new timeline of Jared Lee Loughner's whereabouts prior to Saturday's shooting, and the Arizona Daily Star has it here. Among its highlights and the day's other developments:
- Loughner dropped off film at Walgreens the night before, and police say the photos show him posing with a gun in a red G-string, reports the New York Times. He held the gun near his naked buttocks in some shots.
- Gabrielle Giffords continues to "make all the right moves in the right direction," says her doctor. "We can even think she is beginning to carry out more complex sequences of events, more complex sequences of activities in response to our commands, and even spontaneously." More at the Daily Star.
- A law enforcement source tells the Times that surveillance video from nearby businesses shows the rampage, but officials hope it will not need to be shown in court out of deference to victims' families.
- Police released a 911 call from one of Loughner's friends: “He left a message on my phone at, like, 2 in the morning last night. He didn’t say anything about shooting people or anything.”
- Loughner had more pistol clips, a 4-inch buck knife, a plastic bag with money, and a Visa card in his possession when tackled, reports AP.
(Read more Jared Lee Loughner