Forbes is out with its annual ranking of the richest Americans, with some familiar names up top. Highlights from the magazine and MSNBC:
- Bill Gates, $59 billion
- Warren Buffett, $39 billion
- Larry Ellison (Oracle), $33 billion
- (tie) Charles Koch, $25 billion
- (tie) David Koch, $25 billion
- The top 10 is rounded out by three members of Sam Walton's Walmart clan, along with George Soros at No. 7 ($22 billion) and casino mogul Sheldon Anderson at No. 8 ($21.5 billion)
- Mark Zuckerberg is No. 14 ($17.5 billion); that puts him ahead of Google's Larry Page and Sergey Brin, who are tied at No. 15 ($16.7 billion each). Other notables near the top include Michael Bloomberg at No. 12 ($19.5 billion) and Amazon's Jeff Bezos at No. 13 ($19.1 billion).
- The cumulative wealth of the 400 richest Americans rose 13% to $1.53 trillion.
(Read more Bill Gates