Russell Crowe has apparently lost a lot of weight recently. To the tune of nearly 45 pounds, reports Australia's News Limited. He's doing it the old-fashioned way—weights, swimming, biking—and he's sharing the details with his nearly 300,000 Twitter followers (a lazy day for him apparently consists of a walk and 300m swim). He's certainly not the first celeb to lose a ton of weight, but unlike Crowe, many other stars have picked up big bucks while dropping big poundage. Former Spice Girl Mel B is the latest to jump on the celebrity weight-loss spokesperson wagon; she's trying to lose her baby weight while acting as the face of Jenny Craig in Australia and New Zealand. Other paid celeb losers, courtesy of Fox News:
- Whoopi Goldberg: She was briefly the face of Slim Fast, until the company dumped her for making controversial comments at a John Kerry fundraiser.
- Kim and Khloe Kardashian: The celeb sisters hawk Quick Trim, a cleanse that Kim said helped her lose 15 pounds.
- Jenny McCarthy: As the face of Weight Watchers, she lost 60 pounds in six months after her 2002 pregnancy.
- Dan Marino: Not all weight loss spokespeople are women, as this NFL great proves. He lost 22 pounds with NutriSystem.
- Kendra Wilkinson: After gaining 60 pounds during her pregnancy, she used the Ab Cuts supplement to help her get her pre-baby body back.
Click for the complete list
, which includes a former 90210
star. (Read more weight loss