A Gallup poll released Wednesday finds that Americans' approval of Congress has hit yet another record low: 10%. There aren't many institutions Americans have liked less over the last 50-or-so years, according to Gallup: Only Fidel Castro, Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, and OJ Simpson detective Mark Fuhrman have ever scored lower. ABC News takes a look at some very unpopular things that still manage to rank above Congress:
- According to an August poll, Paris Hilton is America's least-favorite celeb. But her 60% disapproval rating is still better than Congress's 86% disapproval rating.
- Socialism is about three times as popular as Congress: About 33% of Americans view the system positively, according to a January poll.
- About half of Americans polled in November said waterboarding should be permitted as an interrogation technique—meaning more support the technique than support Congress.
- During the financial crisis, banks were more popular than Congress is now: Some 18% of Americans still had faith in the institutions in 2009.
- In June 2010, as thousands of barrels of oil were pouring into the Gulf of Mexico every day, 16% of Americans approved of BP's work on the crisis.
Click through to see what else Americans hate less than they despise Congress
. (Read more Congress